Megaton! The Last of Us Part 2 announced.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: Megaton! The Last of Us Part 2 announced.

Post by flipswitch »

It is all quite embarrassing I find. I can’t believe people returned their games because of ridiculous things like that.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Based on the intro of her camp they're pretty bloody well fed plus they had gym equipment etc so it's not too hard to believe.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

She's shown to exercise regularly in her downtime when not hunting, fighting, or generally trying not to die. Other characters even mention that she's an absolute unit, so it's not like she's being presented as the norm. My initial reaction to her massive arms (because they do stand out) was "holy shit this chick is ripped", not "this is so stupid and unrealistic and waaaaah". I think a lot of fans of the first game just hate her character due to the events in the sequel, and her physique's an easy target.

Harping on about it not being realistic is really silly. TLoU takes itself reasonably seriously, but it's still a videogame. This is like complaining that your character never takes a shit.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Finished this last night.

Abby is the best character in the game, no question about it. Whatever talk about her rig (steroids, that's a man etc) is only had by people who have no idea about physique development, training etc. Chick clearly enjoys lifting and at the end of the game you see what happens when she's strung up on a pillar for a few months. Nothing unreasonable about her.

When you see the WLF setup in the Seattle Seahawks stadium it's not hard to see why she has such a strong, athletic body.

Anyway, game is probably too long. Could have ended in the theatre. I enjoyed it, but it gets to the point where it feels excessive in terms of ramming it down your throat; violence, death, oppression etc.

Think I prefer the original. But still a very, very good game and Naughty Dog remains the king of human expression (facial etc) in video games.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Said the same thing about the WLF camp a couple of posts up, certainly not hard to believe. Agree on the length and Abby being the best character. I thought it was going to end at the farm.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Pretty much what I thought after finishing it, Candy.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It also feels undercooked in various departments; Abby attempts to redeem herself with the Scars kids (which is understandable and logical based on her recent and past history), but the game could have done a much better job at fleshing out the Scars organisation more. They all kinda felt "there" to push her story arc along.

I also think Ellie leaving the farm for one last crack at revenge was pushing the friendship a little too much. Not overly believable to me. That shit could and should have been sorted out in the theatre.