Megaton! The Last of Us Part 2 announced.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Megaton! The Last of Us Part 2 announced.

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Too many gays

1/10
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It has now sold more than 4 million in 3 days. Biggest Sony lunch ever.

I’m giving today a miss due to the cold, but I put in my usually 2 hrs a day yesterday, totalling 19hrs29mins, and it was very interesting story wise. I felt it has really picked up now and haven’t been this hooked on a game for a long time. ND have upped their game. What a ride.

User reviews are starting to change. At 4.7.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Not sure about you flip, but I have officially crossed over into the darkness.
For this intrepid explorer, spirits remain high despite the darkness engulfing me.
Let's see where this goes.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I'm currently the same time played as Flip but I expect I'm a lot further back due to the difficulty and a lot of sneaking and I mean a lot. I'm on my way to the hospital so if you're up to there you can click the spoiler.
Spoiler!
Found a workbench, gave me the shits when I got grabbed from behind while working on it and being stormed by about 3 others.

Currently in the ground level of an old office with these sneaky infected that run around and hide. Had to stop cos it just got too intense. :lol:
Great game so far, loving the level design and hidden areas, some that require a lot of looking around or slight puzzles to find. Story has been good but waiting for this 'thing' to happen that made a lot of people hate the game.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Rorschach wrote:When has it ever worked? 'Wokeness' and political correctness is destroying popular culture.
Some more thought on this. Political correctness for better or worse has always been around. What has changed the fabric of society IMO is social media. From bullying young kids able to broadcast dumb vitriol on a whim to grandstanding adults on the recreational outrage bandwagon. Social media posts from deliberately provocative people with large followings are elevated as news headlines now, often framed to stoke opposing outrage from the other side. Any dumb or calculated cunt now has multiple platforms to publish any old shit to an audience. This is where the damage comes from IMO.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:It has now sold more than 4 million in 3 days. Biggest Sony lunch ever.
I wonder what percentage Sony and ND get out of a retail copy cos you know they make more from digital copies since there's no printing, packaging, shipping costs or loss of sale from trade ins.

Edit:
Did a quick Google so here's a rough breakdown.

Publisher 45%
Retailer 25%
Platform Fee (Xbox, PS etc) 12%
Returns (Games that don't sell) 12%
Logistics 6%

This was based on third party software so I'm not sure if the Publisher cost is the same for AAA games with Devs that are exclusive to platforms such as Naughty Dog or Turn 10 etc or whether the platform license is waived or developer percentage etc.

If it's sold 4 million in its opening weekend then that would be roughly $400 million NZD, possibly a bit more.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

20hrs 38min. Just made it to the sewers. The last infected battle before you enter the sewer was the most intense yet, not because of quantity but because I only had 1 arrow, 1 flashbang and 1 mine. Took me quite a lot of goes to suss out the best pattern and then I still had to kill a few infected with only my knife, my heart was racing. I'm sure this game is shortening my life span.

GOTY right here.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I can’t believe how long this game is, it just keeps on going when you think it’s going to end, so it’s safe to say you have a fair bit ahead of you. ;).

Enjoy.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, I asked at resetera, they reckon I'm about 30% through. Probably be a 60hr game at this rate.

Had a hard lock. Running through a forest after I took an arrow to the knee. Health flashing red and tried to out run the enemy. System locked. Could press PS button but couldn't close application or turn off the machine. Had to remove the power cable from the back. Console couldn't handle the awesomeness of TLOU2.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:Yeah, I asked at resetera, they reckon I'm about 30% through. Probably be a 60hr game at this rate.

Had a hard lock. Running through a forest after I took an arrow to the knee. Health flashing red and tried to out run the enemy. System locked. Could press PS button but couldn't close application or turn off the machine. Had to remove the power cable from the back. Console couldn't handle the awesomeness of TLOU2.
Typical buggy PC gaming
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Finally made it up to Seattle Day 3. Day 2 felt really long, especially when you try to think back about all that happened and where you went. The end of Day 2 was awesome though, really loved it. The whole set piece for the encounters was really well designed.

Currently at 24hrs 28mins on my playthrough.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

You know right at the moment I’m not sure which day I’m on because of the many
Spoiler!
flashbacks
But I think I’m 21hrs30mins, I will tell you this, have you had the
Spoiler!
secks scene yet?
I’m after that. :).
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Nah, my last flashback was
Spoiler!
at the Firefly hospital from the first game.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Well I don’t think you’re 30% complete, much more than that, like a third of the way maybe.

This will be the first game I completed since 2017, Uncharted: Lost Legacy which is another ND game.

I wouldn’t have guessed this game is running at 1440p. Looks nice and crisp even with the film grain. They must have used some clever sharpening to the image but not to the extent where you get annoying ringing like in other games.

Did you turn up the camera sensitivity to max? Default is so slow and when you got enemies all over the place the last thing you won’t is slow camera movement.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Lol, a third is 33.3% :P I'm definitely past there now surely or close to. I had to stop playing for today. Kids got home from school and I have a 12hr shift tonight 10pm-10am. I'm sure I'll squeeze some more in this week before I have some annual leave at the end of the week.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I meant 3 quarters of the way. But who knows. :).
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

I reckon I'll finish it tonight. Loved it so far, the perfect COVID-19 companion.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Put another 3 hours in. What a freakin game. You can tell ND put all their resources into this because it shows. Those with surround sound setup will benefit greatly. Very handy when playing stealthy knowing where the infected are by the sound they make. Had some terrifying moments playing with limited visibility so I had to rely on listen mode and sound.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yup, Dolby Digital 5.1 here, been working a treat, but also gives you the shits too! What are those infected called that run around and hide? You don't know fear till you hear them in a couple of speakers while they try to flank you in a dark room and you're spinning around like a n00b with invert off. :lol:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Stalkers? They can be a pain to handle. I craft shivs regularly just for them and clickers. Once the controls click the whole mechanics work brilliantly.

When you move left to right your character side steps, like strafing in a FPS.

On your PS4 ,in audio and video settings, have you got bitstream or PCM selected? You should have PCM. You will get uncompressed Multi channel audio and games are made in that format.

Leaving it in bitstream will result in audio delays, like lip-sync issues because your receiver has to convert the signal to bitstream .

Are you connected to your receiver via HDMI, because you can’t get Multi channel PCM through optical.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

HDMI. I wasn't going to use optical anyways as I read it can't send the audio fast enough once you get too many channels. I used PCM when I was only using my telly for audio but changed to Bitstream when Ingot my Atmos/DTS-X amp.

From somewhere on the web...
Bitstream is better, but for stereo source it is basically the same, except if your sources pcm decoding is bad somehow. For newer audio formats bitstream always better. Up to 5.1 sound it's your decision pcm or bitstream, over that choose bitstream.
PCM only sends a stereo signal, Bitstream sends a 5.1 or higher signal. PCM only seems to be preferred on older amplifiers but the newer ones don't seem to have trouble with bitstream.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Must be your amp then. I get Multi channel audio through PCM which is the game’s audio format.

Have you tried changing it to PCM to see if your receiver supports it?
LPCM is uncompressed audio. Bitstream implemented on PS4 is compressed. If your receiver can handle multi channel PCM then LPCM is the way to go. They have included the option of bitstream because older receivers can't decode multichannel LPCM.
In the case of a game, which is what we're talking about here, the audio generated by the game is already in LPCM format, this is needed to mix the various sound effects and music in the game. When you use LPCM no additional processing by the PS4 is needed. If you select bitstream, the PS4 need to encode the LPCM audio to DTS or AC3, and the receiver/soundbar needs to decode it. In the case of a game LPCM gives you the best audio quality and lowest latency in case of a game, because there is no additional encode-decode step.

Anyway, back to the game.

Almost 28hrs, I can say there have been a number of times in which I thought the game was at the end, but nope, it still goes on. You will probably think the same thing. :)

I thought I’d finish it up today. This is one very long game! It feels like I’ve played 50hrs of it.

This could very well be a 60hr game for you!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I'm on 29hrs 18mins and I'm into a hardware store trying to climb the shelving racks, without spoiling it. It'll definitely be a 60hr game for me at this rate.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

flipswitch wrote:
Almost 28hrs, I can say there have been a number of times in which I thought the game was at the end, but nope, it still goes on. You will probably think the same thing. :)
Never a truer word spoken. I was a bit of a dickhead the other night when I thought I might be finishing up. I now feel as though it's endless and that suits me fine.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Where I saved and finished up a couple of nights ago was in the control room of a ferry boat.
When I reloaded yesterday, all the zombies I'd killed through that section had respawned. They were all VERY pissed off and banging on the windows.
Absolutely hilarious. :lol:

I think I'm at like 28-29 hours, but I always tend to take my time with these types of games.
The story and dialogue have absolutely gone to shit. The gameplay is strong enough to carry it to the end though.
RIGHTEOUS FURY