Telstra + Xbox = An actual win for customer?!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Telstra + Xbox = An actual win for customer?!

Post by Froggy »

Alright, it's the last month of my Xbox All Access series X purchase through Telstra, I gotta say I think this is hands down a surprising win for gamers.
Infact, I'd actually recommend people bought it this way.. recommending someone buys something FROM Telstra, like what the fuck has this world come to!

I think back and it was delivered to my door on the day of release by 11am. I opened it, the game pass sub was handled smoothly and the whole process was piss easy and then it's on my bill for $45 a month. Now, I could waste time shopping around to try and find Ultimate Game Pass slightly cheaper than 15 a month but for the stuff I get per month it's nothing as is and for 45 a month when I get my bill I actually forgot I was still paying it off. With all the shit shows happening at the moment and looking like a extended economic depression spreading the cost of something like this for no extra fees seems like a no brainer. So if you are on the fence or know someone who is or wants to get the kid one for Christmas but doesn't wanna lay out 750 bucks + game pass costs, get them on this.

It still feels so dirty, Telstra.. :aussie:
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Telstra + Xbox = An actual win for customer?!

Post by unfnknblvbl »

it feels dirty to say this, but I think we're in this for the long haul... and deals like this aren't as gross as they seem in those circumstances.

but still. I wish they'd have done this across multiple providers.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I forgot to add, with their Telstra Points I was able to score another controller for free just by paying my bill too so also a bonus.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote: 19 Oct 2022 08:50 pm it feels dirty to say this, but I think we're in this for the long haul... and deals like this aren't as gross as they seem in those circumstances.

but still. I wish they'd have done this across multiple providers.
Yeah I think it's gonna be a fairly long economic depression. Unlike when it dropped for Covid etc when that hit, that only felt short, this one is bad.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

You could get game pass cheaper but not having to pay $750 up front for an X is a benefit and they're also less likely to be out of stock. Can see it appealing to plenty of people.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I am also coming to the end of my 2 year Xbox Game Pass and I must say, it was awesome. Was an extremely reasonable way to get a Series X at a time when it was next to impossible. Be glad to claw back $45 a month but will suck having to pay for Game Pass now.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

So what are the options for game pass now? Any way to get it cheap?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Mavy wrote: 24 Oct 2022 12:37 am So what are the options for game pass now? Any way to get it cheap?
This is the best method.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/725592

I used a similar one with enaba. You have to have your Game Pass expired for this to work. You basically buy three years of Xbox Live through a VPN to Turkey, then turn off the VPN, activate the codes on your account and then do the upgrade to Ultimate. Cost me about $125 for three years when I did it earlier this year.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Weirdly enough the Gamepass cards in Australia are cheaper than NZ $47.95 Vs $59.95. I bought a couple when I was over there back in Sept.

I got the same deal with the Xbox + 2 years of GPU at $50pcm. I think it ended up about $50 cheaper than if I bought the console and 2 years of GPU separately. It was a no brainer but I am glad the payment is nearly over. Been struggling since I had to pay out the ex for the house so even that small amount makes the word of difference.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yeah, not sure I can be stuffed going to crazy to try and get the game pass cheaper right now. I'll grab a 3 month card and then worry about it in Jan, kids will melt if Game Pass stops working for a few days whilst I scam Microsoft. Those instructions just scream too much effort.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Funnily enough last night I got my bill from Spark (Telstra equivalent) and my next payment in a few days is my last for the Xbox. Also means I can now switch internet providers......
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Froggy wrote: 25 Oct 2022 08:33 pm Yeah, not sure I can be stuffed going to crazy to try and get the game pass cheaper right now. I'll grab a 3 month card and then worry about it in Jan, kids will melt if Game Pass stops working for a few days whilst I scam Microsoft. Those instructions just scream too much effort.
TBH it sounds more daunting than it is. It's probably no more than 10-15 minutes work. But I completely understand people don't want to bother with it.