Which Dormant Capcom Franchises should be revived?

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Which Dormant Capcom Franchises should be revived?

Post by GameHED »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/05/ ... franchises" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would like to offer my personal opinion on what ones they could bring back..

I think it's time they tried something really old like Sidearms and tried to make an arcadey Resogun like shooter.

But the difference is you can transform into a two modes. The fighter mode has speed to move quickly from one place to another but you can only shoot in 2 directions (left/back and right/front) and the robot mode which lets you shoot in any direction like a twin stick shooter (ie robotron/smashtv/geometry wars etc).

The game would feature many types of different robots and flying enemies and killing them get the weapons they drop so you can use anything they use against you.

I think they could hire Treasure to make this game and much like what they did with Gradius V on ps2 see if they can breath some life into this old property by blowing away the competition in the presnetation of the graphics.

I loved Bangai-o and I think if Treasure could make a SideArms remake that controlled closer to what they trend of games are like today (ie galak-z, omni directional shooting, free movement with large spaces to freely move in) it would be amazing. Don't use retro graphics like Super Stardust HD or Resogun but actual anime styled graphics with realistic looking explosions and missiles swarm. But cel-shade the objects like a cartoon.

Anyway that is my idea. I like twin stick genre ever since robotron, and I like Defender (which resogun is inspired by). And I have always wondered what it would be like if they could combine the frantic pace of a defender title (when you fly past swarms of enemies in fighter mode with boost) with the crazy look of a bangai-o title where missiles are flying everywhere and you can grab dead enemies and throw them at other enemies and dash behind them as you try to get close and swipe things with your sword while using the dead enemy you threw as a meat shield to provide cover. In robot mode you basically have the ability to pick up any dead enemy's weapon (similar to Einhander) and then use those dropped weapons on anyone. But you move slower than fighter mode so it is more defense and close range combat oriented. (beam saber would be more powerful for killing ground mech while guns are for lightly armored fighter crafts for shooting at range and you can switch between the two weapons. Fighter mode would compensate for lack of omni directional shooting by having homing micromissiles as default weapon and gatling gun)

Take capcom's SideArms property and bring it back to life. Forget those other titles like Dino Crisis or Onimusha. Go back to the 80s and see if you can modernise these older titles again like you did with strider. (with strider 2)
for those who like twin stick shooters you might want to check out the long-forgotten Cannon Spike on DC:
If they can't give us side arms re-imagining, then I will settle for a new CS game or Mercs twin stick shooter game. I liked the first. :up:

My other wish would be to see a new Final Fight game done in the classic side scrolling style. Perhaps a sequel to Mighty Final Fight or a Final Fight RPG beat em up. (ie like code of princess or Guardian heroes game with different planes you can jump into and out of. Preferably a portable title. I want to be able to play it on the go.)

Recently Arc System Works released a retro sequel to River City Ransom using the same look of the 8-bit games.
And we got Double Dragon Advance on the GBA years ago which was one of the best DD games ever done.
What I would like is an evolution (in 2d) of the walk along beat em up genre where you can dodge, block, strike and grab opponents easily but unlike previous Final Fight games you actually can shoot guns a lot more often. (much like the Dungeons and dragons arcade game where knife throw, hammer throw, bottle of oil, and bow and arrow can be used at will instead of only when you pick it up. (ie go for more RPG beat em up this time and less pure arcade game)

It's funny that a DnD game has so much depth compared to Final Fight with ability to hold inventory, shop for items, and using spells as well as special moves and counter attacks and the ability to block attacks with shield and sliding and back duckroll manuevers to dodge. I wonder what would a final fight game would be using DnD style system?
In the place of shields to block you could pick up a cop's riot shield to block large enemies special attacks. (ie Abigail's charging forward punch thing) DnD also has experience points (pointless since it's an arcade title unless you count getting fast times as part of the RPG experience of levelling up faster) so I think if Final Fight were to be reimagined as a beat em up rpg, it would appeal to people who like those games. (just replace things like better swords in fantasy game for things like more powerful brass knuckle weapons that you can find in enemy hideout, or better sneakers to walk abit faster etc)

I never got to play games like spyborgs. (which I heard was a captaim commando spiritual successor on Wii). Perhaps give platinum a chance to create a third person 3d beat em up of the Captain Commando games? (similar to what they did for Transformers recently?)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Which Dormant Capcom Franchises should be revived?

Post by Candy Arse »

I didn't read any of GameHED's psycho-babble or watch any weirdo YouTube videos, but my answer to this thread topic is Rival Schools.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Street Fighter.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:I didn't read any of GameHED's psycho-babble or watch any weirdo YouTube videos, but my answer to this thread topic is Rival Schools.
I didn't mention that pc was doomed. It is safe to read it.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Maximo
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Saturday Night Slam Masters
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

GameHED wrote: Would like to offer my personal opinion on what ones they could bring back..
OFFER DECLINED

Ghouls n Ghosts.

Red Earth