Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Nintendo went mobile

Post by Megaman »

Wow, after all the times I posted this joke it actually happened. And it sounds like it was a bit of a flop - http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-sh ... 1482142448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I'll admit I didn't design Super Mario Bros or invent the SNES, but even I know that if you want to make money from a mobile game you don't sell it for a one-off fee of $15. You give it away free and gouge people with the microtransactions. Maybe someone at Nintendo could have downloaded Clash of Clans first to see how it was done.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Nintendo went mobile

Post by GameHED »

Mobile and PC gamers are mostly little kids or unemployed IT workers whose job was offshored to indians to save a buck for the tech giants.

They have no money. Nintendo needs to focus on making premium quality games.

Let the indie guys make original stuff on those platforms. Nintendo can then clone them and refine them and release paid for versions on their systems to the diehard nintendo fan. I think it is time they made a Mario MMO and attempt something they never did before. Or at least do something like a PSO clone where you charge subscription fee. (the treasure hunting game was a nice start - but how about something akin to FF MMO in scale?
Imagine if Xenoblade title was action rpg like PSO but with giant areas to explore? Where is nintendo's "Runescape"?
Don't bother with free to play crap. Instead have subscription where quality is maintained consistently.

People will pay for things if they are good. The reason people don't buy mobile stuff at high price is because instinctively they know what they are going to get is bad. That's my view. Once people get home they turn back to dedicated console or pc for gaming, because mobile lacks depth. But having said that Vita died despite how much quality there was so nothing is certain.. There are a lot of dumb casuals out there who don't play games in depth or care about good controls. If they'd prefer to play casual games like Mario Run over Mario Maker on 3DS there isn't much you can do. It's the lizards..
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Megaman wrote:Wow, after all the times I posted this joke it actually happened. And it sounds like it was a bit of a flop - http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-sh ... 1482142448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I'll admit I didn't design Super Mario Bros or invent the SNES, but even I know that if you want to make money from a mobile game you don't sell it for a one-off fee of $15. You give it away free and gouge people with the microtransactions. Maybe someone at Nintendo could have downloaded Clash of Clans first to see how it was done.
If you and I were Facebook friends and you made this post, I'd have liked the shit out of this. And then I would have made several other accounts to like it again.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

There's also the part where Super Mario Run is a mobile game that only works when you're online.

Want to play it on your flight? Stiff shit, but thanks for your money anyway!
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I'm personally loving the shit out of the game. But they should have done it for $10 and not previewed any levels.

Giving people 3 levels and THEN hitting them with a paywall is what FEELS shit.

Should have just been $10 off the bat.

Game is aces, though.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Yeah I'm really enjoying the game. Super addictive as well. Too bad I can only play it online...