Sega registers Shenmue HD domain.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Stolen from GAF as usual, but this just popped up.

http://www.tssznews.com/2017/01/05/a-do ... ga-europe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Five days into the new year, and we have a bombshell to share with you.

It seems SEGA Europe has registered a domain name called “Shenmuehd.com”. In fact, they’re mentioned directly as “Sega Europe Ltd.” If there’s one thing past experiences have taught us here on TSSZ, it’s that a domain registration is not only very accurate with SEGA projects, but it usually means that that SEGA project is very close to being unveiled.

It seems an HD remake of Shenmue is on the horizon, although it’s not certain exactly what titles may be involved with this. Stay tuned.
https://whois-search.com/whois/www.shenmuehd.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Awesome, would definitely play again. Regret not backing the Kickstarter campaign. If anyone here had second thoughts about their purchase of Shenmue 3 and be willing to trade for a PS4 System Shock remake key let me know
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Sega registers Shenmue HD domain.

Post by t0mby »

Also registered by Sega Europe is http://www.shenmueremastered.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In two minds about selling my Shenmue games on DC before the price drops.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Sold mine already. Got about $2K in the end, funded my PC Master Race adventures.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Shame you didn't invest the money into something that wouldn't decrease in value.

BADOOMTISH!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Took a massive hit actually. Worked out to just over $20 a game in the end :(
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Feels like forever since I backed it. Can't wait to see what they do with it.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote:Took a massive hit actually. Worked out to just over $20 a game in the end :(
Haha, Sorry, thought you meant you sold your copies of Shenmue and got $2K for them.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Heh, I wish! I could have sold all of the games individually for more I guess but that would have been a pain in the arse.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Would love to see remaster of this. Sega should understand that the industry has changed a lot since the DC days. Games like Yakuza and open world titles like Witcher 3 show that people want sim-like rpg titles with immersive environments that suck you into their worlds.

All they need is the money the poor bastards. (couldn't afford to bring sequel to Bayonetta and there doesn't seem to be a sequel for Binary Domain in sight)

Binary Domain 2 should be funded by nintendo as an exclusive switch title like Bayonetta 2 on Wii U I reckon. They need a gears of war clone.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Give me Outun 2017 pls
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

More rumours:
A trusted source close to Atlus USA, today revealed to me that Shenmue HD Remaster will be released this year. Both games, Episodes 1 & 2, may be released together rather than separately. They are presumably being geared up for launch to precede Shenmue 3, which could possibly slip into 2018.
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/shenmue-hd ... ming-2017/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I suspect they're going to be terrible given the presence of Yakuza...
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Of course they are. It's like going back and playing GTA3 after GTAV. Shenmue opened the doors for open world games but even in 2000 we knew the controls and pacing for Shenmue were arse. I really struggled to complete the first game with all that sailor hunting and Forklift work. In fact if Shenmue 2 didn't come out I probably wouldn't have finished the first, it was only everyone else going on about how great disc 3 and 4 were did I get the motivation to finished the first to play the second game.

Shenmue 1&2 HD need more than just a graphical tweak to be great games by today's standards.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You're both right, but I don't care.

I'm happy to go through it slowwwwwww and steady.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The original Shenmue is one of my all-time favourite "in the moment" gaming experiences. I loved it from start to finish, but I know I wouldn't love it now if it was the exact same game and certainly not after the Yakuza games which every old Sega fan here should be playing right now.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I was a massive shenmue fanboy but I couldn't imagine playing through it these days, the controls were fucking terrible! They can't just give it the HD treatment, those games need to be remade with better controls and updated visuals.

People new to shenmue will not tolerate the slow pace and bad controls... It was an issue back in 2000!