Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Persona 5 not coming to Switch or PC

Post by GameHED »

PC doomed:
Look how pissed they are:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 373&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First Bloodborne, then this. Sony fanboys are laughing their arses off like japanese school girls being tickled by tentacled monsters that escaped the demon world.

Persona series is one of the best JRPG. This is a big blow to pc gamers. This is what happens when companies like EA abandon sega in the DC days. They (sega) have to go third party to survive. The sonic games end up sucking. Shenmue ends up selling like crap forcing them to abandon finishing it. No new sequels to retro mascots from the 8 bit days. And JRPG end up as console exclusives because they have no money to do ports on all the platforms. I mean even nintendo is multiplatform these days what with mario on the mobiles..

Microsoft should have bought sega all those years ago and not Rare...

Lestat/Candy: What's the fucking point of Sega being third party if they can't even get one of their major franchises on the pc? Persona 5 is coming to PS3 still. That's insane. Perhaps it's a timed exclusive like VF5. When Scorpia and Switch sell in high numbers (if they do) then I bet there will be a P5 "Golden". That's my prediction. Never trust third party companies. They always change their mind if the hardware sells high enough to justify porting.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Persona 5 not coming to Switch or PC

Post by Rorschach »

Atlus has always been focused on consoles, Sony ones in particular. Not sure where you cooked this up (a thread at GAF doesn't count). Also, Sega aren't developing, they're publishing knowing full well they'll make a tonne of money. I bought a PS4 way back when due to the fact I knew Sony would be running point for all Atlus games.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

So basically their developers are so bad they can't write Multi platform code.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I reckon it'd be more about dem exclusivity dollarydoos.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Rorschach wrote:Atlus has always been focused on consoles, Sony ones in particular. Not sure where you cooked this up (a thread at GAF doesn't count). Also, Sega aren't developing, they're publishing knowing full well they'll make a tonne of money. I bought a PS4 way back when due to the fact I knew Sony would be running point for all Atlus games.
Atlus is like what Squaresoft were back in the SNES days when RPG games were a niche.

Catherine is an Atlus title and was released on all the platforms. And it's niche game. I think it's ridiculous they just focus on one system. Do what square today do and make money.

Go multiplatform. Nintendo is big in japan. They have SMT games on 3DS. Why snub the Switch? It's unecessary. This is being done on ps3 which is an older platform but they can't port to switch? Come on... What's the point of sega buying them if not to make profits and boost the survivability of the company which is making stupid decisions like not releasing PSO2 in the west on console?

No excuses. Stop defending shit behavior.

But maybe there is some sense to all the craziness? One of the things I have noticed is whenever niche titles get too mainstream they end up becoming a bit more watered down as newer fans start to get in on them? And that might be why they are not caring about profits? sort of like "because we want to aim at our small dedicated fanbase and not be exposed to too wide an audience, we choose to avoid letting anyone play it to preserve what made it fun for those small number of people who buy them in the beginning." ...and that lets them stay true to the fanbase more. Something to think about while pooing on the toilet.

One thing I would like to see from Atlus is a game based on the animated movie "Fire and Ice"
The game would play like Golden Axe/Dragon's Crown but have Frank Frazetta backdrops instead of anime tropes and be much more violent than either golden axe or Dragon's Crown. The old Conan hack n slash game on 360 comes to mind but unlike that it would have hand drawn looks to it. Vanillaware could make it about 5-6 hours long but with rally high quality animation and graphics. (think SF3 third strike sized sprites with realistic painted look and not indie game retro sprites like Castle Crashers)

2D animation is pretty much dead now. 1 really high quality game that is 2d a year would be enough for me. A lot of the animated games seem aimed at kids though. This would be one aimed at older audience who wants the violence of a mortal kombat game with gore, but without the toyetic cg model look so common today. (ie all fantasy creatures look like they were rejects from a star wars prequel trilogy movie)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto