HITMAN

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

HITMAN

Post by Candy Arse »

Late to the party on this, I bought the entire season in the Steam sale.

What a turnaround after the debacle that was Absolution.

Pilon loves it, anyone else played it?
flipswitch
que
que

Re: HITMAN

Post by flipswitch »

I've seen this pop up on a lot of people's GOTY lists including gaming websites. What's needed to play the game? Can I download it off steam for eg? It also requires a constant online connection. I might be interested in this game.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Think of it like a Telltale game - you can buy it per episode/level or the entire season.

There's an offline mode now - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... rk-offline" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I LOVED Blood Money and Absolution was such a step back I almost cried....but this is real Hitman again.

I love the challenges, escalation missions etc. Looking forward to going after my first elusive target.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I have never played any Hitman titles, but good to see there's an offline mode now. Might be my next purchase along with RE7.

Update: Bought prologue and episode one to start off with.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Easily GOTY and I've not finished it. Probably the second best in the series behind Blood Money and possibly better in areas.

Sapienza is a fucking unreal level to play around with and the Sapienza bonus mission is brilliant. It worked really well as an episodic title because the challenges and opportunities rewarded you for replaying levels. The elusive targets were good too but they were a bit formulaic.

Not sure if it works as well as one big chunk of content but it can't hurt. They finally added the ability to use unlocks offline late last year which was the one big issue I had as the servers were a bit random.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Is Absolution actually bad or is it one of those good games that piss fans off for not being true to the series? I have Absolution and was close to giving it a whirl.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It's not a true Hitman game.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

What makes a great Hitman from someone who's new to the series?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Big open levels where you have many options and complete freedom to complete your hit. It rewards planning and multiple playthroughs to find the most efficient/creative way of knocking them off. Watching some of the silent assassin suit only (basically no disguise and no evidence left) kills are incredible.

Absolution spit each level into smaller stages and removed a lot of freedom.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I've only played one level and I don't even know which game it was. It was the one with multiple levels in some club/office with a glass bottom(?) spa pool? I was sure I saw a vid of someone loading it up with bodies then blowing it up while watching the bodies fall to the floor below.

I might give this one a go as the episodic side sounds a bit better. Don't like the game? Don't need to buy more episodes.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

If you liked Blood Money you will love this.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Grabbed the Intro Pack for under $10 and it's great. Assassination methods are varied, couldn't quite figure out how to get the bloke in the French episode after taking down the wife, and ended up electrocuting him along with his bodyguard in a puddle near the front with a rigged up power board.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I see this is getting a retail release at the end of the month with 6 exclusive missions for the domination nation Playstation. Wonder if that means the digital version will get a price cut.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Caved and bought the retail disc from ozgameshop. Should be here in a week.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

AWESOME game
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Got bogged down with Colorado which hasn't been as interesting as the other levels. Generally don't like the ones where everyone is shoot on sight
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Only took 2 weeks to arrive but it is the steelbook with complete season,3 bonus missions, soundtrack and making of video for less than $40.

So far it's good, very good. Enjoying it more than any other Hitman I've played so far.

*edit*
Actually, I think I've played Blood Money, came out early in the 360s life eh? I couldn't really get into it back then as by the time I got it I was more into fast moving action games, shooters etc.

Love the way the prologues were set up like sets, very original as opposed to just an easy training mission. Tonnes of shit to do too if you want to just muck around.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Stolen from Gaf wrote:I'm putting this link here without description, as it's best as a surprise

https://youtu.be/Lmj4IYmqPGk
Wtf. :lol:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

HITMAN

I installed the currently free Sapienza level. Gorgeous game. I’ve not played Hitman previously though so I suspect I’m missing the point. My first mark was a dude ripping off my client’s son’s trust fund. The bustling, expansive level loaded, I was seated in a picturesque outdoor square reading the paper. I got up, walked up some stairs and immediately saw my mark at a cafe drinking coffee. I whipped out my gun, shot him in the head, ran to my boat in the harbour and sped away. It was over in 40 seconds. GOTY.

I reckon the more linear Absolution might be a good Hitman induction.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:lol:

That's one way to go about it. Following them around and trying to do it with the Silent Assassin rating (not being discovered) is good fun on some levels.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I had real trouble with the movie set level and ended up tossing the game in the too hard basket.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I loved that one. As stated above the Colorado level really took a lot of the fun out of the game for me. Didn't feel that Marrakesh was that good either but at least it was an interesting choice.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I was ready to go back and be more creative but the game says he’s eliminated and that’s that. It sure is a cluttered menu UI. That’s an observation, not a complaint. I looked at some of the other challenges but the game taunted my cheap, free level arse with spoiler warnings if I proceed without playing the preceding episode. Their cheap ploy worked. Will play Absolution (another game that’s been on the back catalogue too long) before getting into this properly.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

HITMAN

Ohh so the dude I clipped was an ‘elusive target’. Cool idea despite this guy being the least elusive thing in gaming. I literally tripped over him a dozen steps from where I spawned.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Might be worth turning opportunities to full in the menu while you learn the game. The tutorials and Paris mission do a good job teaching you how things work