Re: Scalebound not coming out - sign of MS doom

Post by Madmya »

It's up there, but no.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Is there any reason they can't bring this to scorpio? Seems like a waste of the three years in development don't you think?

MS need adventure rpg games. They might not realise it but they do.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
klee123

Post by klee123 »

GameHED wrote:Is there any reason they can't bring this to scorpio? Seems like a waste of the three years in development don't you think?

MS need adventure rpg games. They might not realise it but they do.
Just don't think MS is willing to fund SP focused games anymore.

They would prefer to have products with a much longer lifecycle like Minecraft where sales are guaranteed with extremely high microtransactions potential.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

MS would have gone to Platinum to get an exclusive game that would appeal to hardcore gamers - they're a respected developer that focuses on gameplay. So they probably paid them a fair bit of money for this, and going by this tweet:
Phil Spencer
‏@XboxP3
@TiC_Podcast Difficult decision, we believe result is better 4 Xbox gamers, still disappointing. Im confident in 17 lineup thats our focus
I believe: a) Platinum weren't meeting deadlines; and
b) the game was poor, hence the "we believe result is better 4 Xbox gamers".

I see nothing that has to do with MS simply changing their mind on this, but rather it's Platinum not meeting an expected standard. And they're not exactly immune from making a shit game.

I'd also expect all Microsoft published games to work on both the xbox one and scorpio, therefore scalebound was probably always in the plans for scorpio.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Granted this is sad for the people working on this game. Pouring many many hours into a product they thought would come out soon. BUT, this game looked like a piece of shit from the moment it was first shown right up to last e3 and the footage we saw of the gameplay. It certainly wasn't on my radar of games to buy. And I'm quite the Platinum fan. I'm sure there are people crying over it, but I've enough trust in Phil and his team into why they cancelled this game. Far better games coming this year...