PSVR2 - Th3 N3Xt Gener4t1on!!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

PSVR2 - Th3 N3Xt Gener4t1on!!!

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Ugh - that hurt my head writing that subject. A bit like the new PSVR2.. I've woken up with a headache from using it the night before..

BUT

It's been pretty impressive so far. Call of The Mountain is V pretty though needs some tweaking in terms of movement controls. Walking by swinging my hands is a bit odd and made feel a touch queasy.

Also - wearing glasses while playing doesn't work very well. But even then - I am short sighted and I found it hard to get good focus without them even though the screen is cenitmetres from my eyes. Might need some further adjusting - or an eye test :shock:

I have Res Evil Village to try as it came with a free DLC to make it VR compatible which I must admit is pretty cool.

Only other games I am looking to play initially is Star Wars - Tales from The Galaxy's Edge.. though that is more for my partner who is a Star Wars nut.

Anyone else jump in at launch and try it?
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: PSVR2 - Th3 N3Xt Gener4t1on!!!

Post by Froggy »

Nah, I want it but I couldn't get a hold of a PS5 for so long, now the PS5 is available shelling out close to 2k to get both + games to play is a big investment first up when I'm not sure on it yet. What other games you looking at getting despite those ones? I did play through Resident Evil 7 on PSVR in full and that was great but it got a bit dreary as everything was just brown. Then, I was really pumped for Ace Combat to be completely in VR and then they gimped it so my main concern would be that the software lacks again.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Froggy wrote: 23 Feb 2023 05:22 pm Nah, I want it but I couldn't get a hold of a PS5 for so long, now the PS5 is available shelling out close to 2k to get both + games to play is a big investment first up when I'm not sure on it yet. What other games you looking at getting despite those ones? I did play through Resident Evil 7 on PSVR in full and that was great but it got a bit dreary as everything was just brown. Then, I was really pumped for Ace Combat to be completely in VR and then they gimped it so my main concern would be that the software lacks again.
Gran Turismo 7 is supposedly amazing with VR2. I'm not a huge driving/racing fan I think that kinda died after Sega Rally on the Saturn but I can appreciate how good it looks. I was considering getting it only because a friend of mine who is having some mental health issues would probably like it and it would be a way to get him over and enjoy something and since he DOES like cars - seems like a good distraction for him

No Man's Sky has got a VR2 update too and I can only imagine that would be good and I must say that this might be the time that I finally jump in for it. I held off at launch and with good reason but the game I think has more than redeemed itself and adding in VR for the PS5 version seems like a brilliant time to finally start.

I was hoping Star Wars Squadrons would get a port to VR2 but apparently they aren't going to do it which is a shame since it was actually meant to be great on the original PSVR.

VR I think will be hard to find some really staggering games in the immediate future. But these ones should keep me occupied at least.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

If there's another Blood and Truth, Far Point etc I'll be in. That PS Aim controller completely changed fps for me. It was so natural aiming and shooting things just like real life, was the best thing of PSVR one I reckon.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

The new controllers for VR2 are actually great.. still getting used to the layout but I found aiming the bow and arrow in Call of the Mountain to be surprisingly intuitive and I was hitting targets very early on. I'm keen to see how much better it feels when I can commit a proper session to it with out being exhausted from work. 14 hour days are great for the bank balance (hence being able to drop money on the VR2 without issue) but not so much on the social life!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I find it intriguing that Sony is still investing so many resources into VR at this point, I had no idea this was out already, just goes to show how niche it still is.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners was a good VR on PSVR. I just couldn't go too far through it due to the kids always wanting to watch and well, not for kids at all. I'd say check out the sequel coming out March 31st:
Vzzzbx, you lose again!