Resident Evil 7

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Resident Evil 7

Post by Candy Arse »

M$ aren't just charging 2x game price, it's 2x game price for BAD versions :lol:

Xbots love being shat on it seems.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Candy Arse wrote:M$ aren't just charging 2x game price, it's 2x game price for BAD versions :lol:

The mental gymnastics required to defend the undefendable is astonishing.

It's like Nintendo fans lapping up the rent-a-NES-game-for-a-month thing on Switch :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

*head explodes*

Tell me exactly what you think MS should do, Ambrose.
Ambrose Burnside

Before or after ensuring that the Windows Store isn't broken?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:

This is brutal
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Resident Evil 7

Post by Rorschach »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Before or after ensuring that the Windows Store isn't broken?
This, plus 1000. I had to download a 10 gig Gears update twice because of Windows Store shittiness.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yes, there's no excuse that the stability of the games are poor. So you think the Xbox version should be heavily discounted because the PC version isn't up to scratch at the moment?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

The game itself is fine, it's the shop front. Ideally open the keys up to third party vendors to promote price parity, don't encrypt data downloads so you can back up you game downloads if you're not on a high speed connection and charge a reasonable price. There is no reason at all why a digital title should cost more than a physical one.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

No shit, I think everyone has been arguing that for forever. That was potentially something we could have had if we had adopted MS's early vision of digital only, but that was scuppered presumably by the same people complaining about this.

Almost all day 1 digital MS games are $99.95, and now, because it's available across two store fronts (two versions of the price of 1) this is a problem?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

If you are happy overpaying for digital licences that's fine. End of the day, there is no added value to be had - you're not getting a second version of the game, just access to it on a lesser platform.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Shit versions, a shit PC store at a shit price.

No one outside of hardened M$ loyalists would buy into this.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'm not happy overpaying for digital licences, but I have no choice because I would rather buy digital than physical. I'm not the only one here who buys digital only either.

And it's in your opinion that there's no added value to be had. My bone is the most powerful in the house, but it's likely that one day I will have a more powerful PC and this may future-proof the game itself.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Me paying more for digital licence is irrelevant anyway, I'm trying to argue why it's expensive on the Windows Store - it has to match the XBL marketplace. It's really not that hard.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

You'd be one of the rare few - I just can't bring myself personally to buy games through PSN or Xbox Store for the stupidly inflated prices they charge. I mean, MS is still asking for $97 for Forza Horizon 3 on Windows Store months after it's release. Sony isn't much better - Yakuza 0 for $99.95? WTF? I've always gone to a bricks and mortar store to get a physical copy of a game over a digital one on a console unless there is a decent sale on.

It has nothing to do with opinion though. MS is feeding you bunk by implying you are getting any extra value by making these games available on the Xbone. You get one licence and one licence only, albeit with an extra privilege that you can't take advantage of anyway. If MS wanted to be a good guy they could drop the price of the game on both stores to a reasonable price like $70AUD and add a small activation fee (say $10, a little towards the high end, but it is MS) if you moved to a PC platform or vice versa. That would make up for the lack of refund policy as well. You can still have UWP games, but it would be nice for MS to stop the price gouging.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

We are arguing different things. I merely stated why the price is what it is, I was never arguing what digital games SHOULD be priced.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Madmya wrote:We are arguing different things. I merely stated why the price is what it is, I was never arguing what digital games SHOULD be priced.
Ahhh... except for the part where MS's pricing has always been $99.99 or more for day one games, even before this "play anywhere" malarkey.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ambrose Burnside

Madmya wrote:No shit, I think everyone has been arguing that for forever. That was potentially something we could have had if we had adopted MS's early vision of digital only, but that was scuppered presumably by the same people complaining about this.

Almost all day 1 digital MS games are $99.95, and now, because it's available across two store fronts (two versions of the price of 1) this is a problem?
You believe that prices would have been less if Microsoft had adopted the digital-only iTunes approach where they have complete control over everything? Based on what we're seeing here? OK then :lol:

The people arguing here are the ones arguing in favour of choice. The people who, for example, see The Witcher 3 GOTY on Steam, GOG.com and retail and can grab the cheapest and/or best option. And now we see Resident Evil 7 on Windows Store and Steam and one is clearly better AND cheaper than the other. I'm not sure what Microsoft's goal is, but they're not going to get a lot of third party support if everyone buys the game on Steam because it's a better experience. And cheaper. Buying the Play Anywhere version is like buying a third-party game on the Wii.

And *this* is why the Windows Store version should be the same price as Steam. Really, it *should* be cheaper cos it's a shit storefront.

Xbox One only gamers should be well used to getting shat on so this shouldn't be a problem for them. Console games are always more expensive than the same game on PC.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: Xbox One only gamers should be well used to getting shat on so this shouldn't be a problem for them. Console games are always more expensive than the same game on PC.

This is rough.

But it's also true. Obviously the end-game from M$ is to make more money, except they're going about this in a way which gives them NO CHANCE of making a dent in the PC gaming market.

What's the actual benefit of buying this play anywhere shit?

Overpriced
Terrible PC experience
Terrible console experience

It's literally inferior across the board.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
Madmya wrote:No shit, I think everyone has been arguing that for forever. That was potentially something we could have had if we had adopted MS's early vision of digital only, but that was scuppered presumably by the same people complaining about this.

You believe that prices would have been less if Microsoft had adopted the digital-only iTunes approach where they have complete control over everything? Based on what we're seeing here? OK then :lol:
Why not? MS wasn't going to be the only vendor, so essentially we'd have EB/JB etc selling one-use licences. Why wouldn't there be room for competitive pricing? OK then :lol:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:The people arguing here are the ones arguing in favour of choice. The people who, for example, see The Witcher 3 GOTY on Steam, GOG.com and retail and can grab the cheapest and/or best option. And now we see Resident Evil 7 on Windows Store and Steam and one is clearly better AND cheaper than the other. I'm not sure what Microsoft's goal is, but they're not going to get a lot of third party support if everyone buys the game on Steam because it's a better experience. And cheaper. Buying the Play Anywhere version is like buying a third-party game on the Wii.
You HAVE a choice. What are you complaining for?
Ambrose Burnside wrote:And *this* is why the Windows Store version should be the same price as Steam. Really, it *should* be cheaper cos it's a shit storefront.
Key word - SHOULD. Like I've said countless times, it must match the price on the xbox marketplace for obvious reasons. If you think that's too high in itself - irrelevant!
Ambrose Burnside wrote:Xbox One only gamers should be well used to getting shat on so this shouldn't be a problem for them. Console games are always more expensive than the same game on PC.
Are you sure this is local to Xbox One? Nintendo doesn't overprice their digital games? Sony doesn't overprice their digital games? Just Microsoft. OK then :lol:

Oh wait, it's because in this instance they actually did gamers a favour and made it a Play Anywhere title. Entitled generation.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

"Here you go guys - a version of a game you can play on our shitty console or via our shitty PC service, at double the price!"

Hell of a favour.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I can understand in your case that this is ridiculous, but lucky for you, you have a choice. But no, by all means, bitch and moan about something that has no impact on you whatsoever.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Madmya wrote:We are arguing different things. I merely stated why the price is what it is, I was never arguing what digital games SHOULD be priced.
Ahhh... except for the part where MS's pricing has always been $99.99 or more for day one games, even before this "play anywhere" malarkey.
Because it's any better on the PSN store?

I think anyone with a Toddler(s) who wants the TV but can't have it likes the play anywhere stuff and everyone agrees that the MS implementation of it on Windows has be shite so far, they should still push through with it and get it right because I for one am hanging out for it to be working so I can actually play some games instead of losing the TV for In the Night Garden.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:I can understand in your case that this is ridiculous, but lucky for you, you have a choice. But no, by all means, bitch and moan about something that has no impact on you whatsoever.
It doesn't need to have an impact on me to be a TERRIBLE service offering TERRIBLE value.

And - we all have a choice, unless contractually obligated to buy Xbox consoles?

P.S - there's no luck involved :)
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:M$ aren't just charging 2x game price, it's 2x game price for BAD versions :lol:

You're the one to blame for this shit. Because you were one of the "digital downloads are the future of gaming" retards. I wanred you retards what would happen when retail were to die off and go the way of the drive in movie theatre.

The existing publishers of the games or the ones providing online services wold have less incentive to offer discounts on games if they can just leave prices the same forever like nintendo do with their games.

Buy retail you turd.

Until services like Steam give you a way to resell the games you paid for with your own money, (transference of digital rights to new owner) then you should buy the retail copy to show you care about consumer rights.

The only reason you guys can even get your games cheap digitally is because the retailers (who sell old stock cheap) and the second hand market (owners reselling their games to convert it back to money) exists. That will go when all of you digital download guys keep purchasing things from servers which can get hacked by people who work at the companies and want to bring the company down and delete your records. (or just stage a hacking in order to get you to rebuy all your old games again twice - you are putting all your fiath in one basket. Use your brains dickheads)

PC gamers need to be punched in the heads. The DRM shit and the need to patch patch patch patch every fucking game that comes out 30 times over came from your shitty platform. Consoles were once free from this shit in the old days when they were forced to make one polished title and ensure it was the complete edition of the game. If I were mod here I would ban you guys from this place for being ads for steam and EA business practices and covering for them all the time. They started the whole day one DLC shit that creates the illusion that the version you just bought on day one is the complete game and ruining people incentive to buy on release day which is causing sales of new games to drop now. (ie titanfall 2 and Watchdogs 2 and COD infinite etc Be honest it is because of the anticonsumer practices of these giants that makes people paranoid that the full game isn't the one that is provided on release day)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

This isn't any headline to anyone here, but GameHED you're a fucking idiot.

P.S The Steam version of Resident Evil 7 is a fucking bargain at $45. HELL of a game!