Resident Evil 7

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Resident Evil 7

Post by Candy Arse »

Just bought it for $45AUD from http://www.gamesplanet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, superior PC version.

Anyone else getting this?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Resident Evil 7

Post by Madmya »

Probably later on in life, but I'm interested to hear what you think. I don't trust Eurogamer anymore.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

I totally didn't care but the demo held my interest so I'm interested.
What is the deluxe version? does it actually contain any extra game content?
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Will buy it when cheap. (loads of other titles to get through first) I hear it's good but not great.

I trust this guy called ACG review (he is a 'no ads' channel. Puts giantbomb, ign, gamespot to shame imo)
Capcom isn't releasing this to switch which is a shame. :(

RE going FPV is a good thing for immersion reasons but i will always see true RE as TPV game still. Knowing where the threat is in relation to where you are standing is useful in determining whether you dodged/avoided an attack. I hope only VR games continue to be this way and the rest of the games from here keep the third person view. For instance when you get wounded you see it in the character's body language and that tells you whether you need to watch your health and be less risky/more conservative. Survival horror games should never be about bars and graphs and statistics. Not knowing exactly how well you are doing is part of the immersion/paranoia of the genre.

What capcom NEEDS to do:
get back the Aliens Vs Predator License again. But use VR FPV and make it a survival horror title. Give us 3 campaigns from the perspective of the Alien, predator, and colonial marines. It all centres in one location. Preds are not invincible like you see in movies, but very vulnerable due to their code of not using guns if the prey is not armed with guns either. (so if you see a human your gear authorises you to use it on them when armed with ranged weapon, sort of like in Metroid Fusion where powers are tightly controlled by the one commanding you) Humans have least health but more gear. Ammo is limited if you don't backtrack to the dropship all the time. (slowest at progression). Xenomorph is fastest and sneakiest in terms of noise and has ability to "see" around wall using its hissing sonar ability to bounce soundwaves around the walls and detect movement of objects without being in line of sight. (think "daredevil vision" in the daredevil movie) Preds have less armor than aliens but don't need to be well protected since they can use optic camo whereas the xeno has only melee attacks. (pred has boomerang thing, spear, claw weapon, plasma cannon etc) Xeno can wall climb and do batman style drops on opponents from ceiling to kill guerilla warfare style. But humans have sentry gun. Everything is balanced and it is not a shooter but a survival horror single player game that takes lace in a limited area. Being able to unlock doors as human means more intel gathering, and sealing up doors means you can contain mobs. But being xeno means you can climb to areas humans can't get to so quick getaways are always an option.. Being predator lets you study the patterns of the xenomorph and watch fighting between marine and xenomorph and take advantage of both sides killing each other while you sneak around. (something the other two can't do without optic camo) Each campaign has you isolated from your group and vulnerable so you always have to work in the strengths of the race you are playing as. But each campaign offers a unique perspective of what happened at the area. (it's not a multiplayer game but a single player-focused survival horror story that takes three unique perspectives of a single event that leads to the area being destroyed forcing you to get out of there in time after you complete your mission)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Purchased on PS4. Mainly for the VR experience. That last all of about 2 hours and I just couldn't take it anymore. Game is actually too scary in VR!
I love it! Feel like I'm right near the end of the game now... It's basically Resident Evil (the original) done in 1st person! House (mansion) is beautiful to traverse. Game is appropriately scary. If this had been release last year it would've tied for my GOTY along with Doom. Superb reinvention of this once great series.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

First third party Play Anywhere title?

Broken as fuck.
It appears that the Windows Store version of Resident Evil 7 fails to launch correctly on PCs. Numerous users have awarded the game dismal ratings, with most claiming that it crashes after the splash screen or very early into the first mission. One user review goes on to say that:
I should've went with Steam, how are you gonna charge us all of sixty dollars and not even get the game to launch. I want a refund so I can purchase it on a platform that'll actually work! You've managed to waste my time and money and as a customer, I'm pretty upset. I was going to try and give the Xbox another chance but this about broke the camel's back.
At the time of this writing, the Windows Store version of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard sports an abysmal 1.6/5 star rating, with many users citing similar issues.

In contrast, the Steam version of the game currently boasts an impressive 9/10 rating, with users and critics praising it as a return to form - and no such performance issues being reported.
*sigh*
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Microsoft are so shit.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Jesus fuck, the Windows/Xbox store is a ripoff! :shock: :shock:
re7.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yep, refuse to use it after the jokes that were Forza and Gears. POS storefront.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Resident Evil 7

Post by flipswitch »

This is turning out in being one of my favourite titles of this year, with just 4-5hrs into it on PC. I know it's still earlyin the year, but I have a feeling this will be in my top 3.
Ambrose Burnside

unfnknblvbl wrote:Jesus fuck, the Windows/Xbox store is a ripoff! :shock: :shock:

I said that when Forza came out:
Madmya wrote:It has to mirror console, otherwise no one would buy it on console since it's a play anywhere game.
jizzlobber wrote:They have to do it really.
It's kind of worth it if you have an Xbox and PC.
Xbots defending a deporable monopoly, forgetting Steam exists on PC :up:

RE 7 = $80AU on Steam, and no technical issues :lol:

Play Anywhere is really a case of spending enough to buy two copies of the game anyway, both of which is an inferior experience to Steam :|
Last edited by Ambrose Burnside on 27 Jan 2017 09:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep, Microsoft are absolutely shitting in the mouths of xbots this generation, and they're gladly gulping it all down.

Steam 4 life

P.S can't wait to dig into this game over the weekend!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Just checked - superior Steam version of the superior PC version of this game is still $45 at the site I bought it from.

:suicide: xbots :suicide:
Ambrose Burnside

It's frustrating. I'm an MS fanboy. I had a Windows Phone (HTC 8X) for two years, and my primary console is still the Xbox 360. I bought Windows 8 at launch, and I still use the OG Surface Pro (with Windows 10 these days though!). I'm ready to embrace the idea of Play Anywhere and Universal apps etc, but Microsoft just keep stuffing everything up with half-arsed implementations of cool ideas (like Continuum).

I came bloody close to grabbing an Xbox One several times, but each time I've stopped myself. Literally all it offers is Halo, a series I've never been able to get into despite being a big FPS fan. And also BC, which is the main reason I've wanted one just in case my 360 dies on me.

My birthday is coming up and my wife "subtlety" asked me which console I'd prefer. I started to say Xbox One S without thinking, paused, and said PS4 Pro if it's not ridiculously more expensive than the Slim, otherwise the Slim. Although I did drop a few subtle hints of my own about needing a new HDD for my PC :lol:

The last Sony console I had was the PSP, and before the the PS2. Actually, I still have both of them here somewhere :D

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I'm very keen. I like where they've taken it but I wish they dialled back the insane family a bit. Like the idea but it seems fairly overcooked in the trailer.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I just finished it now. Really enjoyed it. Gets a little long in the tooth towards the end but a very good entry in a series that needed this shake up. It's an 8/10 for me. I'll go through it again.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Vince how many hours did it take you? Either you powered through like a champ or this game is alarmingly brief?
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:Vince how many hours did it take you? Either you powered through like a champ or this game is alarmingly brief?
Just under 9 hours. A decent length I think. Game is ripe for a 2nd play through as there is an option to save either 1 of 2 characters. I'm guessing choosing the either character would give me a different path to follow in the final stages of the game.
I sort of powered through it- there are pics you find that show secrets in the game and I searched for none of them. There are also antique coins to buy certain items in this game. I was about 5 short of acquiring the final item. I'll take my time on the 2nd play through.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sounds good to me.

Just played up to the guest house where I met Mia and she got taken away. Very very good first impressions!

1440p all settings maxed out, minimum 70fps, max 120fps. The Master Race continues to be good.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

What AA method are you using? I'm using TAA but also using Reshade Lumasharpen to counter the blur you get with TAA. I'm very pleased with the results. Reshade is very simple to apply. I think I'm going to use this for all my games that use TAA and have no sharpness control.

Edit: combined TAA and FXAA now for a better results.

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Is this still a solid game without VR?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
unfnknblvbl wrote:Jesus fuck, the Windows/Xbox store is a ripoff! :shock: :shock:

Madmya wrote:It has to mirror console, otherwise no one would buy it on console since it's a play anywhere game.

Play Anywhere is really a case of spending enough to buy two copies of the game anyway, both of which is an inferior experience to Steam :|
So you can pay $99.95 and take advantage of the Play Anywhere feature, or pay $80 on Steam. I'm not sure what the problem is here. It's common sense that the windows storefront matches the XBox Live marketplace, how unfair would it be if some chump bought it on the Xbox store to find out he could have paid less if he bought it from the Windows Store? Gears of War was something like 40% off over Christmas, gees.

People will complain about anything.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

t0mby wrote:Is this still a solid game without VR?
You have PSVR?. Anyway, not a single negative critic review.

How does it work in VR? Is the movement the same or are they using teleportation? Comfort level must be extreme if not.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:

So you can pay $99.95 and take advantage of the Play Anywhere feature, or pay $80 on Steam. I'm not sure what the problem is here. It's common sense that the windows storefront matches the XBox Live marketplace, how unfair would it be if some chump bought it on the Xbox store to find out he could have paid less if he bought it from the Windows Store? Gears of War was something like 40% off over Christmas, gees.

People will complain about anything.
That's $45 for the Steam version, I just checked and it's still that price from the site I bought it from.

Chump is the right word to use - anyone with a decent PC who even thinks about playing the 45fps XBONE version is indeed a chump who deserves to lose their money.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

It's a bit disingenuous for MS to say you get two versions of a game and then proceed to charge you almost the price of two games :/ It should be the way Sony has it set up with crossplay. I never felt they were gouging when they were charging a slight premium to get a Vita and PS3/PS4 version of a game. Windows Store actually de-incentivises digital purchases, at least with Steam/Origin/Battlenet/GOG/etc there are tonnes of options to buy keys cheaply.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.