Pillars of Eternity 2 announced

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Pillars of Eternity 2 announced

Post by GameHED »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -announced" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 26/01/2017

Obsidian has announced Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, and as it did with the first game in the isometric role-playing game series, the developer wants to crowdfund development.

This time, though, Obsidian has ditched Kickstarter in favour of Fig, the platform used for the likes of Psychonauts 2 and Wasteland 3. Obsidian's asking for $1.1m, with $2.25m open for equity (the original Pillars of Eternity raised nearly $4m in October of 2012). If all goes well, Pillars of Eternity 2 will release for PC, Mac and Linux in 2018.

"For the sequel, we have turned to Fig for our fan funding needs because we not only wanted our fans to help shape Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, but to financially share in its potential as well," said Obsidian boss Feargus Urquhart.

Pillars of Eternity 2 picks up where the first game left off, taking players on a second journey to the world of Eora. But this time you visit the Deadfire Archipelago. There the player character hunts down a god. Here's the official blurb:

Eothas has returned. The god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia. Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers - answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.

We're promised new companions, a story that changes based on the player's decisions, and the ability to continue your story from Pillars of Eternity, so you can see how your decisions and actions in the first game play out in the second.
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking forward to it. Watched the documentary on how they almost collapsed and felt now is the time they should announce to fans the sequel. Still no sign of console ports though so no point donating. Don't want PC platform to get too many titles on it or it may kill off the console game scene.. (PC gamers seem to always get console ports but where are the ports of the obsidian games on console? See the imbalance?)

Candy, use some of the money you made from selling pirated nintendo roms from your pirate server to help fund this project you tightwad. They wouldn't have had to beg the public if it weren't for big publishers like EA giving them the finger and saying "fuck you, it isn't a shooter or sports franchise or movie license" and causing them to almost die.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Pillars of Eternity 2 announced

Post by Candy Arse »

Will back this and will play it, a fine PC sequel to a fine PC game.

I'll start the official Pillars of Eternity 2 thread when it's released so we can all move on from this, yet another, terrible CrackHED thread about a game he'll never play.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Backed. CrackHED won't put up. Grew up playing awesome games and it feels good to contribute to a worthy developer like a real gamer.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

GameHED, you said you're looking forward to it. To what exactly? No console release like the first one.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:Will back this and will play it, a fine PC sequel to a fine PC game.

I'll start the official Pillars of Eternity 2 thread when it's released so we can all move on from this, yet another, terrible CrackHED thread about a game he'll never play.
PC is dying. Everyone is buying high end machines to play games but this game is an isometric old school rpg that could easily be ported to the peasant console platforms. So why isn't it? Doesn't make any sense. I think you should avoid buying this game because what will happen is when you purchase it, they will only cater to low end pc gamers and you are a high end pc gamer. As an elitist you don't want those poor guys to play these games do you? You always go on about how the graphics on console are so shit compared to pc and you don't care abo9ut gameplay so Im curious as to why you would buy this? Please don't buy this otherwise they will no longer make any games that use the advanced hardware of high end pc game systems. You will be encouraging them to allow people who don't upgrade pc to be able to play the game and stunt the progress of pc gaming as a whole. Surely the "Master Race" is all about making sure the underpowered people die off so only the strong and powerful generations remain and can breed ensuring a strong future? Not one where console gamers and people with low end machines can survive?

or is it more like when race fights itself?

eg monkey eating it's own kind:

I must understand the different types of psychos so I know how to avoid them. Do you remember when the Elites in Halo were betrayed by the Ape-like Brutes causing a big war inside the alien side's army? I want to be as far away from you guys as possible. You have no honour. Your planet is in grave danger of being destroyed due to the chaos of senseless killing. We cannot allow you to spread to other peaceful systems and conquer them. I have had to hold pc gaming back to ensure it doesn't get too powerful and lead to the destruction of the nintendo platforms where bugs are tested for before a games are allowed to be released. (something that concerns the council of real gamers)
The mobile phone gamers are the ones to blame for decline in pc. There is no superior race since consoles help keep pc alive. (ie witcher 3 being big open world game whose existence lets pc gamers have a more wide expansive experience) Getting angry and bitter about it isn't going to improve things. It's just the changing trends of how people like to consume entertainment. (similar to how record companies got angry that people prefer to download music from the internet and listen to music as files instead of on spinning discs and they felt like they lost control of the music industry. It's just progress and the free market. Consoles being alive doesn't mean pc is dying because of them existing is what I am saying to you.)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:Candy, use some of the money you made from selling pirated nintendo roms from your pirate server to help fund this project you tightwad.
GameHED wrote:I think you should avoid buying this game
:wtf:

In this thread about a PC game you'll never play, which is a sequel to a PC game you've never played, you're saying to buy it...and NOT to buy it.

Did your carer accidentally reduce the dosage of your medication?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I had a change of heart. I realised that if they are stuck doing only PoE games that means no big triple A fallout style games. I don't really want the series to get too popular. They will just do sequel after sequel of just the one game. I would rather they have a big break, make a new game, then come back to PoE.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Bump for candy. A lot has changed since making this.

In response to flipswitch:
GameHED, you said you're looking forward to it. To what exactly? No console release like the first one.
This is coming to the peasant machines and the first game already got a port. Developers are open minded if the interest is keen.
I decided in the end not to back it because I knew you guys would if I told you about the game. It worked and now I can play it. Thanks man. PC gamers should be the ones to fund these not console gamers since you guys always get it first. Console gamers have to pay higher prices for games and certain games like Conan Exhiles are the censored versions (no boob jiggle) of the original on pc. I think it's fair.