Yakuza 0

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Yakuza 0

Post by Rorschach »

Managed to snag a copy from Target at $59. Played about an hour of it, first Yakuza I've played but the Shenmue roots are plain to see. Graphics looks great, not so important in a game like this however it looks like Kabukicho and the 80s vibe rocks. Will probably finish this game at work through the week so will post more comprehensive impressions later but looks awesome so far. Going to be a good year for gaming I think.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Yakuza 0

Post by GameHED »

Also good for those who are new to Yakuza games because you don't need to know who anyone is for this game, being a prequel and all..

The graphics on the faces are good but it still has a last gen look to me. Knowing this series is popular enough for so many sequels, I still don't understand why sega don't reboot streets of rage. (like the way old games like ninja gaiden were sucessfully rebooted for modern machine) All they have to do is clone the arkham games the dumb shits.

Can't wait to see Candy's thread on this game. It's the "official one" he said. Then we will have 3 Yakuza 0 threads. Sega cut a deal with him and will be deciding what he is allowed to say in the thread. If he says the game is good, then they port to the pc.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Rorschach wrote:Managed to snag a copy from Target at $59. Played about an hour of it, first Yakuza I've played but the Shenmue roots are plain to see. Graphics looks great, not so important in a game like this however it looks like Kabukicho and the 80s vibe rocks. Will probably finish this game at work through the week so will post more comprehensive impressions later but looks awesome so far. Going to be a good year for gaming I think.
Finally found a copy of this in Melbourne today, looking forward to getting into it!

We'll make this the official Yakuza 0 thread as GameHED can keep his piece of shit trash thread and talk to himself in there.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I've played about 10% of the main game. Biggest surprise I've had is how funny the side quests are. Teaching a dominatrix how to dominate? Check. Coaching a bunch of nerds how to be punks? Check. Slot car racing? Check. It's awesome but who seriously thinks of these things? Great game, vibing big time old school Shenmue.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:
Rorschach wrote:Managed to snag a copy from Target at $59. Played about an hour of it, first Yakuza I've played but the Shenmue roots are plain to see. Graphics looks great, not so important in a game like this however it looks like Kabukicho and the 80s vibe rocks. Will probably finish this game at work through the week so will post more comprehensive impressions later but looks awesome so far. Going to be a good year for gaming I think.
Finally found a copy of this in Melbourne today, looking forward to getting into it!

We'll make this the official Yakuza 0 thread as GameHED can keep his piece of shit trash thread and talk to himself in there.
It's not official. Sega did not have anything to do with it. Just create your own thread instead of trying to confuse people by suggesting you are hired by sega to create all the threads related to their games. People want honest opinions not the ones you are paid to type into the forums. Sheesh. No wonder the Sonic games have lost the magic..

Before I can believe it's an official thread I demand to see the official sega badge of authority. You could just be pretending to be Sega agents and the threads are really ads for steam pretending to be yakuza 0 discussion to try to stop people from buying from Ebgames or JB Hifi or Big W. We known Valve hates consoles and that you are here to try to kill the console gaming scene so that when there is a global catalclysm such as an EMP, nobody can log in to the valve server and play their games which are "always online" and require constant survielance by the reptilians.

We physical copy guys are never going away dickhead. Owning them is better than being watched by big brother and told we can only rent them until Steam is taken down by hackers and deletes all the accounts.

Everyday there is new videos of Nemesis solar system and the two suns on youtube.
link to conspiracy thread post here.

You guys should be building a base to defend against whatever aliens might be trying to come down to earth.

Another game I recommend apart from this is Tales of Berseria. It's a ps3 game so the graphics are outdated, but people are saying it's as good as Vesperia which is considered the best one. 2017 is the year of the weeb.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Again, you come into a thread about games and persist in spouting shit and conspiracy theories. Why not go and buy a copy of the game?

Back to the topic at hand, Yakuza 0 will definitely be in my top ten at the end of the year the way it is going.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I bought it from EB Games.

Does crackHED even own this game??
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Rorschach wrote:Again, you come into a thread about games and persist in spouting shit and conspiracy theories. Why not go and buy a copy of the game?

Back to the topic at hand, Yakuza 0 will definitely be in my top ten at the end of the year the way it is going.
I own it. But haven't opened it yet.

Will play it very soon. I am a fan of Yakuza games.
I also recommend Nioh. Team Ninja still makes good games. You are just angry it's not a pc title. Based on a true story.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

:lol:

Why would I be angry about Nioh not being on PC? I own a PS4 and will be getting a Nioh once I finish a few games. You're arguments are always weak. I get to enjoy games across all platforms while you have to pray someone like me comes to your pokey little EB and trades games in :lol:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Sooooo, anyone finish this yet? This is my favorite out of the 4 I've played (3, 4, 5 and 0) and already is my GOTY and I'm only up to Chapter 7. I know Elf picked it up today so hopefully he is enjoying it.

GH, did you end up opening your copy or putting it back on the shelf for sale?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I've restarted!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

But will you finish it this time? :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

You bet. I've upgraded my setup entirely and am going through this and Horizon from scratch.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yes, I have indeed commenced playing Yakuza0.
I really like the whole Asian crime gang thing and setting, a lot more than Italian.
I played a bit of Sleeping Dogs and enjoyed what I played of that.

This seems a bit more like a JRPG / Scrolling Beat em up hybrid. lol.
A lot more dialogue heavy than I was expecting.
Finished the first chapter in my first sitting.
The start was fairly slow, but by the
Spoiler!
time MC was sitting down talking to his bro and his mentor/fathers main man, I was hooked.
Gripping to the end of chapter one. Pacing was actually awesome.
Thanks for the tip tomby on
Spoiler!
stocking up on health packs going into the bosses lair. I took a few happy meals with me, and it was enough to see me through.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Glad you're enjoying it, it's a great series and hard to believe how quickly the team can churn them out. There are a total of 13 Yakuza games released in the last 12 years (excluding Kiwami and the upcoming Kiwami 2), 5 of which are spin off games, 2 on PSP amd 3 on console with 2 of the console ones set in ancient times but 4 haven't been localised, the only one that was is Yakuza Dead Souls (a zombie game).

The only downside to experiencing Zero as your first Yakuza game is that the actual storytelling is so well done compared to the others that you might find some hard to follow *coughYakuza5cough* plus the game play is much more refined. Nevermind the fact that 3, 4 & 5 are on PS3.

In regards to the tip about HQ that I gave to u, the general fuel of thumb is if the game asks you if you're ready yes/no then there usually is a big battle ahead or you're entering the point of no return. Oh and any side quests you miss/are unfinished you will get a chance near the end of the game to tie up any loose ends.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just unlocked the Telephone Club, fuck that is some hilarious stuff. I haven't laughed out loud at a game in a long time but some of those answers.... :rollin: