Valve - "Console is terrible, PC is the only way to go"

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Valve - "Console is terrible, PC is the only way to go"

Post by GameHED »

BOOMY wrote:I'm not sure about the only way to go but console gaming is like network tv level of gaming entertainment. Serves the masses their call of fifa field 4 while successfully siphoning money with its marketplace hub/monthly fee.
There is certainly a more serious atmosphere amongst many pc gamers. They play games to play games not as an alternative to watching my kitchen rules every night; pc gamers are hobby gamers
Nothing wrong with the space that console gaming holds but I have realized indies, jap games and skill based online games(not "call of level up") are what I play; console gaming no longer makes sense for me. I literally hate most of the AAA titles that come out for consoles.
Console Gaming doesńt make sense to you but its what Got you an open World witcher 3. Its not all about you. The narcissistic People fail to understand that you Get better Reach Through console platforms because there is more of us that matter than pc gamers who just play free to play crap.

If you like free to play crap that is fine. But more ambitious titles need paying customers. And that is where console scenę comes in. Big budget Games need lots of money to produce. Games that profit are ones that ultimately dońt give a shit what platform you are experiencing them on. But pc tards wish they were treated better than us console gamers. But in order to do that you need to buy a Game because Its a good Game, not because its a pc Game. And thats the difference between real gamers and pc gamers. PC gamers are entitled. You Get free online, but then whine that its was to exploit bugs and Security flaws in software on open platform. You dońt Get that problem on the walled garden platform because the manufacturer looks out for those things online.

Guys like candy arse hate challenging People on a level playing field in street fighter. So he plays on pc to exploit Security flaws to make It easy to hack the Game to win. Thats why tournaments are done with console. Consoles are superior and more stable imo. You guys dońt know about important things like balance in competitive Gaming and How It can hurt a community when nothing is done about cheating.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

All platforms have exclusives, that's the decider for me. Can't even remember the last must-have PC exclusive, though I'd like to think that's just a symptom of not being in the loop.

Valve are making money hand over fist via Steam and their existing evergreen IPs without having to lift a finger, and as others have already pointed out they don't bother making any games, let alone specifically trying to push a free to play title on consoles (which for the record, has been and continues to be done by others). It's a shame we may not see another Portal in our lifetimes but other than that I really couldn't give a shit what they do or don't do. Half-Life 3 memes have brought me far more entertainment than the actual game would.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I believe HL3 will come. Believe.

Actually, the last time I bought a PC for gaming was when HL2 was released.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

The suggestion of modern PC gaming being a F2P backwater is pretty laughable.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED has no fucking clue about modern PC gaming and every post he makes about it re-confirms that truth.

PC gaming is the best it has ever been right now because it also has the very best of console gaming too.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

I think the console market having some sort of strange gender crisis - OTS underpowered PC hardware, but trying to stick with traditional strategy, and then splintering into these odd mid cycle refreshes.

A new console gen used to be something you looked forward to. You may as well upgrade your GPU.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Yeah, it's the underpowered hardware on the back of such a long generation with the 360/PS3 it's just disappointing all round. And the weird upgraded machines because of that.

When the 360 launched it was legitimately powerful even compared to your average gaming PC. You can't say that with the Bone or PS4 let alone the more beast-like machines most of us have.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I am probably going to pull the trigger and buy an Xbone. Not because of any particular game on the system - aside from the Halo series - but because I can play my 360 games on the platform. My Japanese Xbox is finally starting to wobble in its old age (11 years, unbelievable) and if not for the backwards compatibility on the Xbone I'd lose access to my library. Consoles used to be about doing something better than PC. In the early days it was plug and play, consoles nailed that. Also, Nintendo and Sega were willing to take a loss on hardware and make machines that pushed far beyond what PC were capable at the time. It can never go back to that unfortunately. However, I would kill for a machine that could emulate, officially, every game from any generation previously, pretty much the same way PCs can now. It's crap that I had this massive DC collection that I couldn't play anymore because the hardware failed. Perhaps Trip Hawkins dream of licensed hardware and software for all wasn't such a bad one after all, just 3 decades too early?
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

BC is what still has me interested in a Bone.

When a console doesn't have BC its fanboys say it's not important but it is. Doom's my favourite game ever, I'd hate not to be able to play that again (without having to buy it again on new hardware like a retarded Nintendo fanboy).
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

GameHED wrote:
BOOMY wrote:I'm not sure about the only way to go but console gaming is like network tv level of gaming entertainment. Serves the masses their call of fifa field 4 while successfully siphoning money with its marketplace hub/monthly fee.
There is certainly a more serious atmosphere amongst many pc gamers. They play games to play games not as an alternative to watching my kitchen rules every night; pc gamers are hobby gamers
Nothing wrong with the space that console gaming holds but I have realized indies, jap games and skill based online games(not "call of level up") are what I play; console gaming no longer makes sense for me. I literally hate most of the AAA titles that come out for consoles.
Console Gaming doesńt make sense to you but its what Got you an open World witcher 3. Its not all about you. The narcissistic People fail to understand that you Get better Reach Through console platforms because there is more of us that matter than pc gamers who just play free to play crap.

If you like free to play crap that is fine. But more ambitious titles need paying customers. And that is where console scenę comes in. Big budget Games need lots of money to produce. Games that profit are ones that ultimately dońt give a shit what platform you are experiencing them on. But pc tards wish they were treated better than us console gamers. But in order to do that you need to buy a Game because Its a good Game, not because its a pc Game. And thats the difference between real gamers and pc gamers. PC gamers are entitled. You Get free online, but then whine that its was to exploit bugs and Security flaws in software on open platform. You dońt Get that problem on the walled garden platform because the manufacturer looks out for those things online.

Guys like candy arse hate challenging People on a level playing field in street fighter. So he plays on pc to exploit Security flaws to make It easy to hack the Game to win. Thats why tournaments are done with console. Consoles are superior and more stable imo. You guys dońt know about important things like balance in competitive Gaming and How It can hurt a community when nothing is done about cheating.
I don't care how much flack I cop for this but the witcher 3 doesn't interest me the slightest. But I agree, AAA console games have massive budgets but its the money that goes into the advertising not the game production that sets the console market apart. Console gaming has become/is becoming network tv; my kitchen rules; britney spears; etc. No wonder you have a shitload to whinge about for paragraphs if thats what you've restricted yourself to.

As for Cheating, Candy arse literally offered to come to your actual house to play you in street fighter on whatever playing field you chose to set but you declined. How easily cowards forget.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:GameHED has no fucking clue about modern PC gaming and every post he makes about it re-confirms that truth.

PC gaming is the best it has ever been right now because it also has the very best of console gaming too.
Most PC gamers are people playing shit F2P games on low end systems. Not people playing triple A titles made for PC only.

You just need to stop fighting the truth. The pc gaming community actually benefits from console being underpowered for that reason because when a game is made for an underpowered console and then ported to PC, the low end pc can play those games smoothly and the people selling games like this because it means more people to sell to. (only a portion of total pc gamers have high end machines)

The problem is the people on this board think that because THEY own a PC and because THEY like high powered high fidelity graphics then this must mean all pc gamers desired that and that means people playing on pc are always playing games requiring cutting edge graphics. Most likely it's that a game has shit graphics by default on release and the quality graphics comes when modders add the visual upgrade for those who are sick of the usual shit graphics which were deliberately added in to ensure people wouldn't complain about poor framerates because they were too lazy to upgrade the system. (since a lot of high profile games are just console level graphics on PC with high framerates lol)

Anyway that is my theory about why console is still relevent despite being underpowered. I hear the accusation that console is underpowered all the time but why isn't console scene dead??? You PC gamers think that one factor is the only relevent in the platform wars. The truth is the content drives sales. You don't need the best graphics to play the popular stuff. Usually the good graphics are just the bonus you get. The gamplay of a game determines how much interest you drive to a platform if the game is an exclusive. Call of Duty has old technology behind it but it doesn't stop little kids buying that one series over and over again. The last game might break the cycle though as they feel entitled to have had Modern Warfare for free so are now boycotting Infinite warfare probably to punish activision.
As long as droves and droves of fans of a particular franchise keep buying that game, then they will buy the console that plays it. So it's not the platform that determines whether they buy the games. It's whether they were fans of the game and its gameplay. The graphics upgrade is merely the bonus you get when the next gen machine comes out.

It's basically the opposite of what you think. I don't buy a final fantasy game for visuals. I buy it because the story, the combat system, and the fact I am a fan of the series drives me to buy the hardware to play it. So long as triple A developers and publishers see console as the biggest profits for game sales, then console wiill stick around. It's how the real world works and the reason why many pc series jumped to console and now are made with console as lead platform now. (ie GTA, Dragon Age, Call of Duty etc) Since you have an agenda you will try to bulshit the forum and pay them money to hide this truth. I don't know how much money the graphics card companies have paid to keep you on the boards but until consoles die I am sticking with my theory over your crap. You may have brainwashed boomy but you can't do it to me. I don't listen to the anita sarkesian of games-ranch. I prefer enjoying games by playing them in finished form not making bug reports to the boards as a free bug tester and shitting up important threads with troll posts.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

BOOMY wrote:
GameHED wrote:

I don't care how much flack I cop for this but the witcher 3 doesn't interest me the slightest. But I agree, AAA console games have massive budgets but its the money that goes into the advertising not the game production that sets the console market apart. Console gaming has become/is becoming network tv; my kitchen rules; britney spears; etc. No wonder you have a shitload to whinge about for paragraphs if thats what you've restricted yourself to.

As for Cheating, Candy arse literally offered to come to your actual house to play you in street fighter on whatever playing field you chose to set but you declined. How easily cowards forget.
The point I was making was that PC gaming indirectly benefits from console's high userbase numbers. (because a triple A title ported to pc can overall be bigger in volume) If big publishers can tap into the huge userbase of paying console customers (not people who pirated their copy or those that buy only second hand games) then it means bigger overall games. So if console dies, it means we go back to the small budget style of gaming again. (not necessarily a bad thing I might add)

What I was pointing out was how consoles being cheap and underpowered in some ways can have the benefit of being affordable to more people. Being affordable to more people = more profit when you sell games since more people are playing. Those sales encourage companies to make sequels and the sequels get made to be better than the previous titles. The side effect of games being dumbed down is the main drawback, but that is the decision the developers makes not the fault of console platform. (you can have pc like experience on consoles now as they support keyboards and mice. Developers can easily add that option in patches and stuff) This is where "modding for consoles" comes into play.
The best mods can be used on console versions of games and enhance sales of the game more as well as having the benefit of preventing second hand sales. A person who see a lot of mods for a game will keep playing after they have finished the main content. The upgradeable console model means if a game gets a mod that puts the framerate lower and lower, then a mid-gen console update can smoothen it back to normal speed again. Fact is people want this but won't admit to it publicly.

When you bought 3 xbox 360s last console generation you secretly showed these hardware manufacturers that you had enough money to keep rebuying old shit over again. So why not take the old shit by making it slightly upgraded each time you buy the old shit?? Makes sense to me.. Home consoles will never be doomed. There is to much demand for it. PS4 sales have shown that despite being underpowered people are still interested in them.

Now go and find all the bugs in street fighter so Candy Arse can't exploit them and claim he wins through skill rather than knowledge of errors in games that nobody else knew about.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

GameHED wrote:
The point I was making was that PC gaming indirectly benefits from console's high userbase numbers. (because a triple A title ported to pc can overall be bigger in volume) If big publishers can tap into the huge userbase of paying console customers (not people who pirated their copy or those that buy only second hand games) then it means bigger overall games. So if console dies, it means we go back to the small budget style of gaming again. (not necessarily a bad thing I might add)

What I was pointing out was how consoles being cheap and underpowered in some ways can have the benefit of being affordable to more people. Being affordable to more people = more profit when you sell games since more people are playing. Those sales encourage companies to make sequels and the sequels get made to be better than the previous titles. The side effect of games being dumbed down is the main drawback, but that is the decision the developers makes not the fault of console platform. (you can have pc like experience on consoles now as they support keyboards and mice. Developers can easily add that option in patches and stuff) This is where "modding for consoles" comes into play.
My PC setup wasn't much more expensive than getting a PS4 as I did not have to rebuy all my controller hardware, as I play both fighting joystick games and offline multiplayer 4 player sessions (You can get a more than usable gaming PC for the price of a PS4, arcade stick and 4 controllers... probably would need one of those kb/m things for ps4 too to have a real FPS experience). Now I wont have to buy an over priced upgrade either. Plus steam games are cheaper. Console being more affordable is an out of touch moot point made by people who haven't bought pc games in 10 years
The best mods can be used on console versions of games and enhance sales of the game more as well as having the benefit of preventing second hand sales. A person who see a lot of mods for a game will keep playing after they have finished the main content. The upgradeable console model means if a game gets a mod that puts the framerate lower and lower, then a mid-gen console update can smoothen it back to normal speed again. Fact is people want this but won't admit to it publicly.
When you bought 3 xbox 360s last console generation you secretly showed these hardware manufacturers that you had enough money to keep rebuying old shit over again. So why not take the old shit by making it slightly upgraded each time you buy the old shit?? Makes sense to me.. Home consoles will never be doomed. There is to much demand for it. PS4 sales have shown that despite being underpowered people are still interested in them.
So wait, now you are saying consoles are good because of mods and upgrades? And you still have a problem with the master race...the very place you will get more mods, better mods, more upgrades, better upgrades. You literally just cancelled your own arguement.

Now go and find all the bugs in street fighter so Candy Arse can't exploit them and claim he wins through skill rather than knowledge of errors in games that nobody else knew about.
Proving you have no idea about skill based competitive gaming as usual. In a competitive sport of any kind, the most effective strategy is the least expected one. The more effective strategies get used more often and come to be expected, giving rise to different strategies. The patching that occurs in fighting games is mostly to give gamers something fresh to be creative with as the existing strategies in the game have come to be expected. This is why many fighting games die when they stop receiving patches to keep them fresh. Its not that the bugs are exploited, its that the most effective strategies in the game have come to be expected and there is nothing new to explore or create to achieve victory. Of course why would you have any idea what the intended purpose of the genre is about if you play on handhelds on the bus to see ending movies instead of at arcades, meetups, tournaments and online.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

My PC setup wasn't much more expensive than getting a PS4 as I did not have to rebuy all my controller hardware, as I play both fighting joystick games and offline multiplayer 4 player sessions (You can get a more than usable gaming PC for the price of a PS4, arcade stick and 4 controllers... probably would need one of those kb/m things for ps4 too to have a real FPS experience). Now I wont have to buy an over priced upgrade either. Plus steam games are cheaper. Console being more affordable is an out of touch moot point made by people who haven't bought pc games in 10 years
The time you spent building pc and replacing it with other parts is not something the average joe likes to do. It's the reason consoles were popular back in the day. It's like comparing Laptop with portable gaming. Closed systems still have benefits in that when a game runs, it run because it was made for that specific set of specs not for specs of varying systems. So the quality of the experience is not going to vary as wildly. PC platforms still have the problem of needing you to monitor the prices for things constantly and comparing them which people do not have the patience for. They would rather have 1 set of specs, have that machine stay roughly equal to what everyone else uses. And be stable enough that coders don't have to revisit the old games and fix them up again when better hardware is coming. When you buy a game and look atthe screen shot on the back of the box you know it's from the machine not a "what is possible" image of the game. When you buy on pc there is always a risk it will run like shit because of the hardware not being what the software expects of it. This problem doesn't go away just because PC is more affordable NOW. It's just postponing the inevitable as pc gamers do not like spending money on games and just upgrade hardware only. Causing the poor sales of the developers to move to console where there are more paying customers and they can save money on bug testing games since the hardware stays the same. (no need to revisit the title to patch things up after people complain of jerky framerates. Console gamers are used to the jerky framerates due to poor coders not knowing how to work with that system. It's not a technical issue in that sense but a skill issue. Crap coders games end up not getting as high scores as the good ones. Because the good ones still made games that run smooth despite the limits of the aging hardware.
Games like Overwatch have basic graphics. They are not games that need PC to run well. So knowing this, the publishers can take advantage of closed platform by designing games around that limit and maintain high sales. Never worrying about pirates just taking their game off them and deciding whether they should have to pay based on how jerky things are. What turns the average guy off is this not knowing anything about the game before they have already bought it. PC will never be free of this problem because its too open. A hacker is just going to take shit, the poor guy will steal shit rather than wait for sales, and publishers will never fully commit because they can make more on closed platforms.

For example a lot of people complained that Mario Run was too expensive on mobiles. But why should nintendo lower the price if the game is good? The pc gamers assume everyone wants to play low quality games at cheap price. I would rather play expensive high quality games and wait for bargain prices. It's this idea that because they have spent money on upgrading their hardware that developers who make games owe them free things that pisses me off about pc gamers. They claim they have free online and can boast that console gamers have to pay for online. But maybe people who like online games WANT to pay expensive price for online play because the benefit of closed platform is the fact that hardware manufacturer will clamp down on cheats more?

The idea that because something is closed platform and underpowered misses the point that publishers need paying customers and the point that manufacturers can protect you from cheaters who want to ruin the experience. Many games pc gmaers play do not require high specs to play them. The reason they are successful is not because of the platform they run on. They are successful due to accessibility. That's where the money is.
So wait, now you are saying consoles are good because of mods and upgrades? And you still have a problem with the master race...the very place you will get more mods, better mods, more upgrades, better upgrades. You literally just cancelled your own arguement.
Nope. I have always complained in the past that console are becoing more like pc, but they seem to be absorbing all the bad things about PC gaming and not the good things about pc gaming. Bad things about pc gaming = more bugs glitches. Poor quality control. Good things about pc games = mods that can alter the experience of a game.
PC is made up of good and bad things. It doesn't change the argument that overall console is still preferred because of the way a hardware manufacturer puts strict controls on things to shoo away non-serious game developers.

You have this problem right now with steam greenlight having to be change.
Because there are too many non-serious content producers and the shovelware is hurting the developers of good stuff who can't get noticed thanks to flood of crap.
Proving you have no idea about skill based competitive gaming as usual. In a competitive sport of any kind, the most effective strategy is the least expected one. The more effective strategies get used more often and come to be expected, giving rise to different strategies. The patching that occurs in fighting games is mostly to give gamers something fresh to be creative with as the existing strategies in the game have come to be expected. This is why many fighting games die when they stop receiving patches to keep them fresh. Its not that the bugs are exploited, its that the most effective strategies in the game have come to be expected and there is nothing new to explore or create to achieve victory. Of course why would you have any idea what the intended purpose of the genre is about if you play on handhelds on the bus to see ending movies instead of at arcades, meetups, tournaments and online.
So you like broken games which are unbalanced and have exploits in them that were not intended by the creators of the game. Thanks for ruining gaming. I much prefer well-designed games where balance testing was done before they introduced too many characters at once. It's the reason I gave an argument for why having less characters can mean "More". Because it gives the fighting game a better sense of fairness when you exclude certain characters in it that can upset balance.
The reason people like old faves like Street Fighter II Super Turbo is because it was a game where you could play competitively and never feel you were at disadvantage no matter what character you chose. That was capcom in their prime. It's also why arcade games are perfect for handheld and portables because you can bring the game anywhere with you. You don't need a high spec machine to play this stuff. If you can play guitly gear on ps3 you could play Super Turbo or SF3 on Switch.

This brings up a point: Capcom should work towards putting all their old arcade games on new systems for fans of those games who don't want to go back and get their old consoles out of the cupboards and clutter the living room. When new console comes out that isn't BC, the games on the old digital shop should be accessible also on the new digital shops. It mekas good business sense that you let newer fans of fighting games play older fighting games. EA can get away with releasing the same sports sims with roster updates each year. Capcom should at least get old games regularly put on the new stores if they want fighitng community to expand and grow. Why shouldn't I be allowed to play SF3 on a bus? I can already do it with Darkstalkers, blazblue, tekken etc? It's probably going to be more acceptable in places like japan where portable gaming is popular.
As portable devices become more powerful the excuse that it's not perfect port will slowly fade away as the differences between the home version and portable start to fade. (i thought the port of UMVC3 on Vita was decent. Most the backgrounds had drops in detail which is a cosmetic thing. It's a shame Vita didn't get more capcom ports)

Edit: yes ending movies are important if you like story in your fighting games. I think capcom used to care about the overall quality of the game in the past but now it seems they can just put stuff in later. I don't know why but that sounds very much like a PC games thing more than a console or arcade thing.

In the arcade if a game had shit presentation people might get scared away from it. Makers of games needed to try really hard to get new people to try the game or it wouldn't be popular. I also don't like the new 3D toyetic look of the new street fighter games. I wish they could go back to the cartoon anime look. Guilty Gear showed how they could do it convincingly. (complete with al the dramatic camera angles and facial expression of modern games without destroying the hand-drawn feel) It makes the game age well. Because even 10 years from now when you look back at guilty gear, you won't think of "how low res the textures are" or "how unrealistic the graphics look" due to being purposely designed to look like a cartoon that is hand-drawn.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I've noticed that whenever someone is really struggling as to why they believe gaming on a PC is NOT the premiere gaming experience, they resort to the "average Joe" argument.

Who the fuck cares about the average joe? And what does that have to do with anything related to the facts?

You want the best gaming experience, you get it on PC.

Is there quality only on console? Sure is because so far Yakuza 0 is my GOTY. That doesn't change the facts - you want the best experience possible, you get it on PC.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I would rather play expensive high quality games and wait for bargain prices.
:lol:

You're full of shit though. You won't even back quality games on Kickstarter. Have you even bought Nioh yet at the inflated EB price?
It's this idea that because they have spent money on upgrading their hardware that developers who make games owe them free things that pisses me off about pc gamers. They claim they have free online and can boast that console gamers have to pay for online. But maybe people who like online games WANT to pay expensive price for online play because the benefit of closed platform is the fact that hardware manufacturer will clamp down on cheats more?
Again, you make a lot of crap up. No one wants to pay for online gaming services, let alone a premium. For two generations Sony charged nothing to play online and share games with friends, worked perfectly fine. They only changed their mind when they saw the revenue Xbox Live was generating.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

There is no argument on the value front when it comes to PC gaming.

I'm rocking an old i5-750 since 2010 that has seen me through 360/PS3, PS4/Xbone, and now PS4 Pro. I've had 3 mid range GPU's (5770, 6950, GTX 970) in that time and the same peripherals (trusty 360 controller) and other components. Tally that up along with cheap Steam keys (lol @ Shadow of Mordor with all DLC for $6) and pit that against multiple consoles, multiple peripherals, higher game prices and paid online. Oh, and 60fps. No contest.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: Console zealots destroyed
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

The great thing about PC is you don't have to make room for a new console generation and chuck your old console in the draw. With PC, your games, no matter how old they are stay in the same place, your hdd. And you will be able to play them anytime, and often with mod support. And when upgrading you can re-play the games you had before at even higher settings.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

bububu the average joe...!!!
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Exactly, the average joe plays call of duty, watches my kitchen rules and doesn't play on PC. That's exactly my point; things marketed to the average joe don't interest me in the slightest. I am a hardcore gamer.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

The time you spent building pc and replacing it with other parts is not something the average joe likes to do. It's the reason consoles were popular back in the day.
This is also my point, you are clinging to dated memories rather than adapting to what the industry actually is. No wonder you have plenty to complain about; you do nothing but identify problems and do nothing to seek the solutions. Back kickstarters, back games you believe in, back something other than the platform that champions mediocre mainstream shit that is the core of what is wrong with the industry.
Nope. I have always complained in the past that console are becoing more like pc, but they seem to be absorbing all the bad things about PC gaming and not the good things about pc gaming. Bad things about pc gaming = more bugs glitches. Poor quality control. Good things about pc games = mods that can alter the experience of a game.
So console gaming has absorbed all the bad parts but none of the good parts yet PC retains its good parts. Again, cancelling your own argument. If that is what you believe then why don't you just play on PC? Again, if you have identified a problem that has a solution then apply the solution or shut the fuck up. No wonder you have plenty to whinge about.
So you like broken games which are unbalanced and have exploits in them that were not intended by the creators of the game. Thanks for ruining gaming. I much prefer well-designed games where balance testing was done before they introduced too many characters at once. It's the reason I gave an argument for why having less characters can mean "More". Because it gives the fighting game a better sense of fairness when you exclude certain characters in it that can upset balance.
The reason people like old faves like Street Fighter II Super Turbo is because it was a game where you could play competitively and never feel you were at disadvantage no matter what character you chose. That was capcom in their prime. It's also why arcade games are perfect for handheld and portables because you can bring the game anywhere with you. You don't need a high spec machine to play this stuff. If you can play guitly gear on ps3 you could play Super Turbo or SF3 on Switch.
Way to prove your ignorance and cancel your own argument in one. The cpu AI in SF2 cheats. If balance is your issue, then surely you should be seeking human opponents not playing a game where the AI does things the player cant (charge both sonic boom and flash kick at the same time for eg.)
This brings up a point: Capcom should work towards putting all their old arcade games on new systems for fans of those games who don't want to go back and get their old consoles out of the cupboards and clutter the living room.
Yea if only capcom acknowledged and accepted things like the GGPO community...oh wait they do. Not to mention re-releases of SF2 and UMVC3 this very year. BZZZ wrong again gamehed.
When new console comes out that isn't BC, the games on the old digital shop should be accessible also on the new digital shops. It mekas good business sense that you let newer fans of fighting games play older fighting games. EA can get away with releasing the same sports sims with roster updates each year. Capcom should at least get old games regularly put on the new stores if they want fighitng community to expand and grow.
That is why SFV has embraced a yearly season update model ala FIFA. Get a clue.
Why shouldn't I be allowed to play SF3 on a bus? I can already do it with Darkstalkers, blazblue, tekken etc? It's probably going to be more acceptable in places like japan where portable gaming is popular.
Play whatever you want on the bus but its single player by your own admission. How can you possibly have a clue about what is balanced if you have never experienced a gaming setting that requires balance.
As portable devices become more powerful the excuse that it's not perfect port will slowly fade away as the differences between the home version and portable start to fade. (i thought the port of UMVC3 on Vita was decent. Most the backgrounds had drops in detail which is a cosmetic thing. It's a shame Vita didn't get more capcom ports)

Edit: yes ending movies are important if you like story in your fighting games. I think capcom used to care about the overall quality of the game in the past but now it seems they can just put stuff in later. I don't know why but that sounds very much like a PC games thing more than a console or arcade thing.
No one in the community cares about the storyline in games. It is common opinion within the guilty gear community that the movies are borderline unwatchable garbage and we play for the awesome presentation. Get a clue, if you are watching guilty gears story and finding it as engaging as the gameplay something is wrong with how you play Guilty Gear.
In the arcade if a game had shit presentation people might get scared away from it. Makers of games needed to try really hard to get new people to try the game or it wouldn't be popular. I also don't like the new 3D toyetic look of the new street fighter games. I wish they could go back to the cartoon anime look. Guilty Gear showed how they could do it convincingly. (complete with al the dramatic camera angles and facial expression of modern games without destroying the hand-drawn feel) It makes the game age well. Because even 10 years from now when you look back at guilty gear, you won't think of "how low res the textures are" or "how unrealistic the graphics look" due to being purposely designed to look like a cartoon that is hand-drawn.
When have you ever played in an arcade against another human ever in your life?

:fight:
Last edited by BOOMY on 15 Feb 2017 05:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What would GameHED know about balance in fighting games?

Though I can't lie - it would be hilarious to inflict my SF5 Balrog on him with the up-close 50/50 mindfucks :lol:
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

That's just good play on your part though, SFV emphasizes good reads not vortex and frame trap trickery. If st.HP, cr.mp xx boom is executed reliably Guile is capable of 550 dmg in the corner with v trig (without even using the boom loop) so its fair. Its just difficult to pull off, have to release the boom a couple of frames later than an instant cancel or you dont have enough charge; it feels about as strict as a 1 frame link in SFIV. I can body many people online but still don't feel I've found my true feet in SFV; You are my benchmark of skill, when I was getting a 50/50 set against you in the SFIV days I managed to get equal 11th place one week at a meetup.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:I've noticed that whenever someone is really struggling as to why they believe gaming on a PC is NOT the premiere gaming experience, they resort to the "average Joe" argument.

Who the fuck cares about the average joe? And what does that have to do with anything related to the facts?

You want the best gaming experience, you get it on PC.

Is there quality only on console? Sure is because so far Yakuza 0 is my GOTY. That doesn't change the facts - you want the best experience possible, you get it on PC.
The average joe determines where developers and third parties go to.

That's why Dreamcast failed. It's why Vita failed. Great hardware for their time and some excellent software but without $ you don't get to finish the race. Shenmue 3 would have been made if it wasn't for the average joe not liking the shenmue games.

I'm one of those guys that has come to accept the facts not deny them. I don't like it anymore than you do that sales of good games like titanfall failed to sell. But to survive you got to figure out how to get these guys to pay money or you will end up going indie and having to beg for money like obsidian are doing. Not as good as when obsidian could make bigger budget titles. Now they have to listen to what fans wants rather than just making games they want to make. And fans can put stupid stuff in games. Why do you think Resident Evil series went down the shitter after the poor sales of RE Remake? Because the sales for survival horror were poor. Forcing capcom to make RE into a COD with zombies franchise. (they are turning away from that now)