Bethesda working on 7 projects

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Bethesda working on 7 projects

Post by GameHED »

Rumours circulating around Bethesda is making a new open world IP as one of the 7 things:
Star field sounds very interesting. If it's Sean Murray's No Man's Sky but with actual things to DO in it, (and the environment was persistent like minecraft is rather than nothing being permanent after you leave the area) I would be very happy. *drool*

"Find the space reptilians and steal their ancient Argonion artifact from them." The cloud server updates and the world you randomly generated changes slightly by things you did journeying through space completing missions as the homeworld gets more advanced and your base-building options get larger the more tools you have and technology you acquire from interacting with other alien races in space to make your planet more advanced. All platforms linked together through crossplay. You can tend your homeworld on mobile, a switch, pc, or game console. It's the animal crossing of Space trading and space survival games.

Ok I made all that stuff up about what star field is but that's what I imagine. You get into your spaceship (the"horse" for fast travel in the game) you gain experience killing aliens and exploring the galaxy, and land on planets to enter the dungeons which contain the forbidden technology that has been lost and complete the map which is uploaded to the cloud so others can view your achievements playing the game. If you have explored an area all the things you did there would be evident by droped items, dead bodies, and objects taken until it gets repopulated again in 3 years by new respawned cpu enemies.
Daggerfall in space basically.

What do you guys think these projects are? New MMOs, mobile games, or giant open world game that are new IPs? Fallout sequel has to be one of them.
I personally think Bethesda should get the license for Elric of Melnibone novels and make a Witcher 3 killer. (get michael moorcock involved with creating the missions) Show the polish that 'muricans can still make the best open world rpg games. CDPR kicked their butt and everyone knows it which is why we probably won't see Elder Scrolls 6 for ages because they have to change engines to keep up with these guys or they'll be laughed at.

old vids discussing this secret project:
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Bethesda working on 7 projects

Post by Candy Arse »

Shit thread :io:
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Is TES 6 one of them? Otherwise who cares.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

many people care about what bethesda works on. Todd Howard got an award as the god of open world games:
Please hurry up and show me the macross open world RPG space game. I'm dying to play something that plays like Ace Combat but in space with Robotech Crystal Dream's size. Perhaps they are scared?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Is one of these 7 projects the inferior Switch version of Skyrim?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

They are wise not to talk about all the secret shit they are making. Breath of the Wild is coming out so it would get drowned out by all the noise of this game being potentially the best game ever made. Who is going to be looking for news on ES6 when everyone is playing Zelda?

They probably don't want to scare us after what happened with No Man's Sky when sony overhyped that game. They want to choose safe youtubers to talk about their games now... Not people who will find all the bugs and show people how broken the game is and make people afraid. What is needed is a daggerfall set in space. You go the planet, by flying there. Exit the ship, kill the dungeon boss and bring back the loot to sell and trade with as you upgrade the ship. Like Fallout 4 there is a minecraft like basebuilding portion and if you want to you can buy large ships to live in. This will allow you to mine large quantities of goods and sell shit to boost your riches like an animal crossing game. You can buy furniture to decorate the inside of the ship and the more money you have the bigger the ships you can buy and more space to fit new stuff in. Also you can build your ships and customise them and selll them as newer ones are found. Some you get by exploring the scenes of ship wrecks and planet's surfaces, and others you can win in competitions. Nobody feels underpowered because the game has cops patrolling everywhere like in a GTA game unless you go to the remote areas where you will see dangerous criminals.

No need for star citizen which we know will never come out. The game will be on Switch and win GOTY. That's my prediction. After No Man's Sky disapointed people, Bethesda probably thought they have to hide it. Notice how they stop letting everyone review their games early? That's a reaction to what happened to the over-hype of that game imo.
Daggerfall in space will explain where all the inhabitant in Tamreil disappeared to after the great "Warp in the West". (ie transported to another dimension along with the ancient sumerians and forced to mine gold for the reptilian races who dominate the lower dimensions)