View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Aug 2017 05:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Where is the nintendo equivalent of Xbox Gamepass? 
Author Message
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Gamestop may be doomed for real:


I was just wondering why doesn't nintendo offer a game service where people can play all the classic nintendo games and some of the newer ones through a subscription service?

If the argument against retail is that developers lose money for every second hand game sale, what is stopping nintendo from competing with this by giving poor guys the ability to rent/subscribe to a nintendo digital distribution thing to play 1000s of games? Ther eis obviously a big retro community out there and little kids will want to know the history of their fave mascots by having the chance to play past generations of games at young age.

Nintendo could create their own equivalent of steam given how many games they have in the back catalogue and the quality of the titles they make. So why don't they bloody do it? They know people are just going to pirate their roms on pc and play the games on emulators for free anyway, so why don't they compete with this by selling this kind of service to the poor guys to encourage them to buy the official (pirated) roms instead of the unofficial pirated roms?

Rocco explain. Personally I prefer physical discs/carts but I see this as a way for nitnendo to tap into the casual games market to supply entertainment for poorer kids who only have enough money for 1-2 games not a chance to sample dozens of them per year to expand their knowledge of all the different genres and experimental stuff.

We all know the reason mobile gaming is so popular is because the games are cheap. So nintendo just has to lower prices and see if they can compensate for the loss in profit per sale on having more overall people being able to afford the games and go for a "higher numbers of sales but lower profit per sale" strategy to prevent candy making so much money selling roms to kids at his primary school. Isn't this the reason steam is so successful in the first place? Because people are too povo to buy full price so they pirate but steam offers a safer way to game if you are broke?
Think about it while you are on the crapper rocco. This might save nintendo if the switch fails.

EBGames won't die off though because they can still sell amibos so I disagree with Rich that retail is doomed because collectors still like owning guidebooks and statues. Plus the older generation likes face to face encounters with humans not email communication. And lets be honest guys, owning your games as physical products means you can resell them for money to buy stuff. You still don't have this option with steam/digital shops.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


Last edited by GameHED on 04 Mar 2017 08:19 am, edited 1 time in total.



04 Mar 2017 08:12 am
Profile
Elite Ginger
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 08:41 am
Posts: 18765
:io:


04 Mar 2017 08:18 am
Profile
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 12:56 am
Posts: 14997
Why would they. Dickheads like you and Jasper keep buying new consoles with rereleased 15 year old games.


04 Mar 2017 09:05 am
Profile WWW
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
The re-releases of those games had enhancements though. For example New Super Mario Bros gives you 4 player drop in and out co-op

Star Fox 64 3DS/ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask gives you sharp textures and 3D

Wind Waker HD polishes up the look of the game.

There's re-releases ....and then there's enhanced versions of the old games.

A subscription service would be great to people who don't know if they'd like a game they are about to buy. So they pay a fee, play wide range of different games, and if the game is to their taste they then buy it if it really impresses them.

Old games are often superior to the new ones. Better than trying to create crappy mobile games and overprice them when people can play older triple A titles instead so they get an introduction to how real games feel like to play. Games with shit controls on mobiles can not be the future. They have to get the poor man's dollars somehow to steal $ from mobile game market.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


04 Mar 2017 03:05 pm
Profile
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 07:25 pm
Posts: 2845
You are right there is a obviously a big retro community out there. We spend our money on completing our collections and supporting indie developers that are creating quality content. We do not spend our money rebuying games we already have or allowing large companies to extort us with monthly fees. And we certainly dont waste time ripping on people for not backing a game we dont even back ourselves.


05 Mar 2017 11:45 am
Profile
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 02:39 am
Posts: 3156
Location: 戦争こそ僕たちたちの生業
Well said Boomy

_________________
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.


05 Mar 2017 12:31 pm
Profile
Cheats
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 01:09 am
Posts: 18434
Location: 4215
Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
/thread.

_________________
Image

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.


Currently playing: Yakuza 0


05 Mar 2017 01:43 pm
Profile WWW
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
BOOMY wrote:
You are right there is a obviously a big retro community out there. We spend our money on completing our collections and supporting indie developers that are creating quality content. We do not spend our money rebuying games we already have or allowing large companies to extort us with monthly fees. And we certainly dont waste time ripping on people for not backing a game we dont even back ourselves.


Who told you I don't support indie developers by buying thier games when they are pathched up and finished?

Doesn't my money count as real money just like people who buy non-indie games at release like Zelda Breath of the Wild which came out recently and is the best game ever made?

And as for retro comunity, the people I am talking about are young kids who never got chances to play games because they were no longer available anymore physically. When EB Games dies off (lol the second hand supplier of many games) and old games that are rare become prohibitivley expensive on the second hand market on Ebay due to high demand, the other alternative is just to download those digitally at an affordable price for people too poor to buy them at the prohibitive prices on ebay....or get them free illegally from candy arse pirate servers located in china and russia.

Eg I bought my copy of Double Dragon Advance for $70 when it first came out and had to import this. I consider it a rip off for that cost because its a simple game but today you can't find it on eshop or second hand in stores and only download this from digital store. My options i I were a kid wishing to get a copy are

1. give in to piracy by getting it free and developers not seeing any money at all from the game
2. getting something through digital store

It's time nintendo competed with steam by putting all the back catalogue of titles on the digital store and had a subscription service similar to what MS is doing.

I think you and candy are frightened by this because nintendo has massive amount of high quality titles in its history that newer kids of future generations would love to play all day but who weren't born when they were around and easy to obtain.

This will compete with piracy (making PC even less useful in gaming) and at the same time save nintendo from having to bother with having to sell hardware. (only if they go with a cloud streaming thing. But if they go with a hardware deal andsell the console at loss, then the subscription fee might be able to pay for the hardware over time if they can lock the person into a long term contract.

Something for Rocco to think about while on the crapper.

The people who can afford the console and games at their usual prices will continue doing what they always do: buy on release and collect games over time by having bought them when they were originally released (full price) instead of picking them up for $1 at a garage sale and scavenging for stuff like you and having to repair them and clean dust and dog pee stains off them.

I think this is nintendo's future. They have too many valuable IPs not to think about something like that. The whole reason people like Candy want nintendo to go third party like sega is because he wants to play their games on his phone and pc but the truth is nintendo needs to be in control of the platform the gams run on or the quality won't be good.

Candy Arse has gotten away with too much crime and he is encouraging people on this board to buy a pc to play Zelda on PC instead of playing games on the consoles which is harming nintendo because third party developers look at how low the userbase is and they say"fuck off I'm not going to make games for a machine that has too little owners of it"

Because he is evil he has secret bases on the ant arctic and many world leaders are traveling there to see if they can figure out a way to kill off nintendo and hopefully one day buy them off like Microsoft did with Rare and then destroy the company by simply running it into the ground.



He is very dangerous to the game industry and wants everyone to buy games from steam so that we can't sell our secondhand games and have to put up with "always online" gaming. We know the DRM like that is evil because if Valve ever wanted to be mean to the customer they can simply shut off the servers and deny you access to your games. They can't get away with something like that if your games are owned by you and in your hand and do not need to phone home all the time. Think of american game companies as like the "Monsanto of gaming". Most of these guys want to follow EA and see if they can get away with ripping you off and stopping you have fun. They probably see nintendo having saved the game industry back in the 80s as a bad thing because it means less profit for PC gaming. If a japanese company can control things at the top level it stunts their ability to get away with buggy products which are not suitable to be released to the public. (in other words lazy coders) It's because of americans that the game industry crashed boomy. You need to understand that if we revert back to the days of the Atari 2600 where just anyone can get away with making crap and flooding the shelves with it, the public will lose faith and not buy games. (unless they are free to play but then those are true games - they are just shops diguised as games aimed at kids who don't know any better because their parents never bought them any good games for them to tell the difference)

Candy's dream: watch nintendo burn and become like Sega. Making crap mario games just like sega started to make crap sonic games, and then laugh at the fans of sonic. Same thing he will do to nintendo fans when all the future mario games are crap. Nintendo needs to be aware of this guy. He is a pretend fan.

Also watch out for Tomby. He probably wants nintendo to go third party so Mario is on PS platforms. As good as little big planet is as a creation game, it lacks the appeal of mario games because it's just too floaty in physics to feel any fun. Imagine a platform game where you play as Dhalsim from street fighter II. You will never fucking land because he hangs in the air for so long by the time you touch the floor again the enemy has had time to move out of the way of your butt stomp. Although Sony had a good crack at handheld with PS Vita they abandoned it unlike nintendo with 3DS which will support its machine for as long as fans keep it alive. (Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates are amazing)
It's best the two remain seperate so there is competition.

Oh BTW:
Torment Tides of Numenara is out very soon. :up:
When I buy this Boomy does this count as supporting the developer or not?

Not sure what your definition of support means. Try to be true and real and don't worry about trying to use words games to trick people and you will understand why people are withholding their money these days to teach the corporations to stop being so anticonsumer. Holding your money until you get what you want from greedy guys is no more evil than developers leaving bugs in a game and never patching it.

A lot of the weaker posters here are reductionists that oversimplify a complex thing becaue they lack patience and thirst for getting to the deep reasoning behind why things happen. (eg they see a drop in sale of Call of Duty as people not wanting new call of duty games anymore. But it could mean they are boycotting bad behavior of the publisher not the developers. It takes effort to think. This is also the reason people may be geting dumber due to the internet. ie too much reductionism in comments sections by trolls on social media which doesn't allow for detail.



I don't want nintendo to become like PC, not because I am anti-PC. I like PC. I just want diversity in gaming as a hobby because more different things is always better than less different things. Having lots of different things means more excitement in gaming as a hobby than if you had everything be the exact same thing with a different label on it. Do you get what I am saying? Imagine for instance if there was never a console version of Diablo 3 to give you a different experience from the pc version which was shit? The current PC one you see today wouldn't be as good. The competition between the console version vs the pc version caused the PC version to have to get better in order to make people happy. Otherwise the people who played only the PC version wouldn't know any better if the console version never existed. Diablo was meant to be a fun coop dungeon crawl action game like Gauntlet. Not a MMO. Not a store to trade shit like animal crossing game. It was not meant to be grindy like a JRPG, but fun. Consoles STRENGTHEN PC to do BETTER.

I don't want to have to play nintendo roms on steam. I would rather play nintendo roms on nintendo platform. By having a rival shop steam has to compete and do better. This benefits people. What happens when you have a monopoly on services? The greedy corporation gets lazy and ups the price without heightening quality. That's why we got to discourage kids from following candy who wants them to pirate nintendo roms on pc so he can see nintendo become broke. (he knows nintendo platform exclusives have protected the triple A franchise's from dipping in quality so he hopes one day all the talent leaves and makes pc games and nintendo titles end up not being as good anymore due to skils drain that's what I think he plot is. think of it like what happened when Kojima left Konami. that = doom for future Metal Gear Solid games)

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


05 Mar 2017 05:29 pm
Profile
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 07:25 pm
Posts: 2845
Quote:
Not sure what your definition of support means. Try to be true and real and don't worry about trying to use words games to trick people and you will understand why people are withholding their money these days to teach the corporations to stop being so anticonsumer. Holding your money until you get what you want from greedy guys is no more evil than developers leaving bugs in a game and never patching it.


Exactly. Hold onto your money and don't request nintendo to participate in the corporate extortion that is monthly fees to play games (games that you either already have or don't want).
Quote:
Candy Arse has gotten away with too much crime and he is encouraging people on this board to buy a pc to play Zelda on PC instead of playing games on the consoles which is harming nintendo because third party developers look at how low the userbase is and they say"fuck off I'm not going to make games for a machine that has too little owners of it"


Actually candy is playing zelda on the Nintendo switch, unlike yourself. I guess it's only natural to assume others are pirating if dated hardware and handhelds for the bus are all you can afford on your own disability pension.

Quote:
Who told you I don't support indie developers by buying thier games when they are pathched up and finished?

Doesn't my money count as real money just like people who buy non-indie games at release like Zelda Breath of the Wild which came out recently and is the best game ever made?


An indie developer, in most cases, has only one chance when a game comes out, to recoup their losses and make enough profit to fund the next project. So no, your money doesn't count 2 years after the release. But that's not what anyone is saying here. You don't back games you believe in but will rip on others who do the same as you. What is being emphasized here, is its your hypocritical opinion (not your money) that doesn't count.

Perhaps examine what is happening here. What is mostly amusing to us all, is watching you backflip from defender of the little guy/corporate enemy/conspiracy nut to championing practices that means less choice and control for the consumer with monthly fees and closed environments. Not to mention your recent love for sexist facism and infringing on half the populations rights. All we have to do is give you an echoing board and you end up owning yourself left right and centre. :lol:


06 Mar 2017 01:22 pm
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Quote:
Actually candy is playing zelda on the Nintendo switch, unlike yourself. I guess it's only natural to assume others are pirating if dated hardware and handhelds for the bus are all you can afford on your own disability pension.


Actually he is playing the Wii U version. He wants nintendo to die off like sega. He doesn't like the underpowered hardware. I do because I think making every platform the EXACT SAME THING is a waste of resources. Nintendo need to focus on fun games not trying to win the hardware specs race. They tried that with GC and failed. PS2 still dominated. They could have made a 3DS better than a Vita but it would make little sense to care about that if people are happy with the 3DS library.

Quote:
Exactly. Hold onto your money and don't request nintendo to participate in the corporate extortion that is monthly fees to play games (games that you either already have or don't want).


Why not? It sounds like a good idea to those who have no interest in owning every single game that coms out and just wnat to sample all the different games out there to get a feel for what they like. If they want to end the subscription they can end it and just buy the game they liked while on the sub. (or stay on the sub while buying the game to own.

Nobody gets hurt here. There is no negative thing you can say about this because all it is, is a service to those who are casual gamers. (simialr to mobile gamers who have limited budget) What's the matter you scared it will compete with Steam?? Awww too bad, that's the nature of business.

Quote:
An indie developer, in most cases, has only one chance when a game comes out, to recoup their losses and make enough profit to fund the next project. So no, your money doesn't count 2 years after the release. But that's not what anyone is saying here. You don't back games you believe in but will rip on others who do the same as you. What is being emphasized here, is its your hypocritical opinion (not your money) that doesn't count.


Ok then so I better not buy Torment Tides of Numenara when it comes out and just pirate it on PC. The developer doesn't want my money only money coming from you. LOL What kind of logic is that boomy.

Come on man you lost this one. Support means ANY MONEY. Not just money you donate to see a project completed. But money you give after the product is finished so that the sequels get made. But it's when you go too easy on them that you make them lazy. They can take your money like the guys working on Star Citizen and never release the game.

If you were one of the guys that paid for Star Citizen and didn't want the game to be massive and just a simple game, you would be angry if you were never able to get your money back. You got to make these guys work HARD not just take their time. Publishers cna have the positive effect of whiping them into shape so they are always on time. If nintendo has to make quality games (not all of them are big budget triple A titlss BTW) and not get free money, then surely the skilled guys at other companies can survive just on the success of the previous game? What difference is there?

Once a game is kickstarted, then you can just use the money from sales of the original to make the sequel.

We need to stop Candy Arse from destroying the industry. Arguing with a troll like him is like trying to prove the dinos existed along with man as seen in Far Cry Primal and Turok Dino Hunter to a militant athiest who covers up any evidence in support of the biblical records.


These guys just make a belief about human history being about apes transforming into humans into their own religion and have become the new catholic church by censoring things.

My goal: to free you from Candy Arse who is like a cult leader at these boards and people are too scared to call him on his bullshit. What I offer is the Red pill. It's a bitter pill to swallow but its true. Candy offers you the blue pill. IE the sweet Lie that PC is superiorto consoles when console offers you 5 years of qualty game content without having to update the machines. Something PC gamers love to do but everyone else hates because they are not compensating for small dicks.

Every time Candy posts about how emulatoed version of a nitnendo game is better on PC, he is showing that he wants nintendo platforms to fail and not get any developer support. This empowers the PC platform because if they are not supporting nintendo then they focus on PC. He sees nintendo as a threat. Yes he pretends he is a nintendo fan but we know he is wishing for them to go third party as he hates japanese companies and closed platforms where bug testing is very strict and games must meet a certain standard of quality before being allowed to appear on the platform.
The lazy dickheads hate the red tape but we console gamers demand to have quality in exchange for paying more.

I don't care that on pc you get more pixels. I don't want nintendo games to crash and give me a blue screen of death and destroy the program. (something like that exists on the port of Street Fighter Super Turbo Revival on GBA) If you can't make quality products, then don't take my money. I will give you your money WHEN THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED. There is nothing wrong with this. That's how it works in every other industry. You don't buy a car with wheels that fall off as you are driving around and wait for them to fix it right? You get your refund don't you? And then when they finally make good enough quality you give them money. PC gaming, open platforms, and nintendo going third party means quality of nintendo games must go down because the platform isn't under their own control. You'll have the hardware become glitchy whnenever a nintendo program is run on it because it is designed to run well with other people's programs and not nintendo's. They can discriminate against certain companies' games by making them run bad on their hardware to drive down the quality of their rival..

So you don't want to let a third party control how hardware is designed. Better to force third party software developers to rise UP to YOUR standards (which are high) than to let them drag you DOWN to THEIR standard. (which in the context of most american companies is "just good enough for release but still rough and buggy". )

Remember back in the good old days of cartridges when companies had to make damn sure that there was no mistekas because if you didn't fix it, then it would be stuck on the cartridge forever since you can't patch them? That was the strength of console gaming. Seems like every day that tradition is going away and standards are slipping.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


Last edited by GameHED on 06 Mar 2017 02:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.



06 Mar 2017 02:04 pm
Profile
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 07:25 pm
Posts: 2845
I never said money is not support. Waiting 2 years to buy is not support. Comprehension fail.

Perhaps examine what is happening here. What is mostly amusing to us all, is watching you backflip from defender of the little guy/corporate enemy/conspiracy nut to championing practices that means less choice and control for the consumer with monthly fees and closed environments. Not to mention your recent love for sexist facism and infringing on half the populations rights. All we have to do is give you an echoing board and you end up owning yourself left right and centre. :lol:


06 Mar 2017 02:10 pm
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Support is giving them money after release and buying the game. Not pirating like candy arse encourages people to do by playing the nintendo games on PC emulators. lol

Kickstarter is not charity. You are giving them money to DO A JOB. So all the guys who gave the star citizen guys their money and didn't see their product release on time, should be angry and get their money back. It's about honor boomy. Why should I give free money when companies already met their kickstarter goal? Make the game and then I will buy it. And then you get your money. If it turns out to be shit, then I avoid the risk of supporting a game that was shit and can feel proud that I didn't reward evil by funding it.

People who give money need to make sure the people are not wasting the money on stupid things, and the best way to avoid this is to only buy a product if the quality meets your standard. Otherwise they will not need to listen to you the next time they make a product because they know you will just give them money anyway regardless of whether the game is good or not. Supporting a game by buying the product if it turns out to be good keeps the game industry healthy. What candy is doing is unhealthy: he wants nintendo to be like sega and make PC games. Yuck!!! lol Can you imagine a buggy version of Zelda where you solve the puzzle and the game crashes right at the end and you lose your save game and have to start all over again? I prefer all the hardware and all the softwre to be closed platform. Stability is far superior to open platforms. But you can have both by making sure nintendo survive. (play your emulators while we console gamers fund the triple A quality polished masterpieces by paying for the games the old fashioned way instead of stealing them like Candy.)

What a subscription service would do Boomy is discourage kids to pirate by giving them a chance to play any old game as many times as they wish and sample the games. If they see a game they like they can buy it and end the subscription if they wish. Casual gamers don't have the option to buy dozens of games just to try them out. Most retailers have a no refunds policy. Except for ebgames. What a subscription thing can do is help combat the tmeptation to buy used games from EB and just go to nitnendo and nintendo sees a profit from the sale of the subscription. One of the reasons poor guys like trading in used games is because they want to buy a new game by giving away used game and this can have an effect on the developers who want to seell the new copies. A sub can encourage the poor guy to try as much as is needed, decide if a game is worthy to OWN, and then make an informed choice about the game before purchase. Eliminating any risk that they will be stuck with a game they simply don't like and therefore discouraging them from pirating games or trading in the game to EB which will harm the sales of new games that developers feel stunts their profit.

You will never eliminate piracy but you can at least compete with it. Competing with it hurts the pirates and gives you a bit of profit from old games. And poor people get to trial as much as they want rather than get angry that they are stuck with somehting they don't like. (happens all the time with people who don't know much about what they like or dislike and they jump out of the game scene if they feel ripped off by a bad game that they bought because it was hyped by paid shills posing as game reviewers.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


Last edited by GameHED on 06 Mar 2017 02:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.



06 Mar 2017 02:17 pm
Profile
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 07:25 pm
Posts: 2845
An indie developer, in most cases, has only one chance when a game comes out, to recoup their losses and make enough profit to fund the next project. So no, your money doesn't count 2 years after the release. But that's not what anyone is saying here.
You are championing monthly subscription fees and microtransactions over supporting small devs. A total backflip and amusing to us all.

Comprehension fail, crackhed.


06 Mar 2017 02:30 pm
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
That was a double post.

Your money is money they take. I can either not give money and buy a game I like and meets my standards. Or just give money away out of pity.

I don't do the latter because I want to be able to punish poor quality games by not buying them. I would rather let YOU pay for mistakes. And then when the game is finally patched like hell and is good a year later when all the balance fixes and bug patches are done up, THEN I will give my Money when it is safe. Just like if you were to buy a car. You don't expect wheels to pop off at random or the speedometer to fail on you, or the brakes to suddenly fail when you are going downhill? You fucking want EVERYTHING TO WORK OUT OF THE BOX.

All of nintendo top quality games have been carefully tested, played by millions of people and reviewed by professionals who have been gaming their entire life. So there is no risk for old nintendo games when you can research them online to see if they are shit or good.

When a kickstarter project finally meets its goal I don't see a need to give any more money because anything extra is excess and makes them lazy.
So under my logic I am punishing them by not giving money. You on the other hand give out of pity which makes the developers feel insulted as if they are incompentent and want to take your money as a form of charity. (in other words you just give without faith that it will be good whereas I don't insult them. I give them money when the project is out fully expecting them to meet the challenge of giving me quality game without doubt. I automatically assume that they'll not need me as a crutch because they have history of making good games so, why would they need my money early? Makes no sense right? If you are confident in them not failing you will hold on to the money until they meet your expectation)

Read previous post. If you want good games, you avoid giving money until AFTER the product is fully tested, polished, and completed. Otherwise the american will take your money, not patch it, (why should they? You gave them your money already right?) and leave you with buggy mess and say "meh, it's good enough" and then the game isn't finished.
It happens a lot because the ethics in america are different. They don't care about qaulity which is why they let ET be made and crashed the game industry in the 70s when atari was the fad.

What nintendo did, was take advantage of the failure of Atari and ensure that from this point on, all games must be polished and delayed if necessary to ensure poeple do not lose faith in the games as a hobby. PC developers do not care as much about that since they don't have as much honor. You can see it in the way EA treats its own customers. I don't want japanese companies to turn into americans. I want the americans to lift their game.

The reason I can judge you is because your logic is that you WANT TO GIVE. (regardless of whether it will be good or not)

You can't judge ME because I don't have your logic. I have my own logic. Which is I withhold money as a form of ensuring only the top quality games survive and the crap ones die off so there can be no more sequels to them.
Under your logic you think that by giving money and supporting them with kickstarter, you will get something good. But what if, the guys just take the money and never release the game?

You only have their word that they'll keep their promise. So kickstarter is very risk and the reason Peter Molyneux got criticised for this is because he broke promises. People like ME ensure these guys don't take advantage of the system which puts all the power in the hands of the taker of money. (eg star citizen)

With nintendo they tend to honor their contracts so you can't compare them to american companies like EA.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


Last edited by GameHED on 06 Mar 2017 02:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.



06 Mar 2017 02:41 pm
Profile
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 02:39 am
Posts: 3156
Location: 戦争こそ僕たちたちの生業
Yep. GameHED represents the worst aspects of the gaming industry. If he had his way we'd all be playing handheld re-released games on underpowered hardware, paying a monthly subscription for games you can't even keep...on the bus to Centrelink.

_________________
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.


06 Mar 2017 02:43 pm
Profile
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 02:39 am
Posts: 3156
Location: 戦争こそ僕たちたちの生業
Quote:
When a kickstarter project finally meets its goal I don't see a need to give any more money because anything extra is excess and makes them lazy.


What money? You've never backed a project, just abuse those that do.

_________________
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.


06 Mar 2017 02:45 pm
Profile
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 07:25 pm
Posts: 2845
Indies are not nintendo or EA. They need your money or there will be no second chance to please some fool on a message board who chose not to buy their game to teach them a lesson. Get the point. Vote with your dollars or deal with consequence of the industry not matching your tastes....
....and here we are in yet another thread hearing gamehed whinge about how the gaming industry doesn't match his tastes.
FUCK
Image


06 Mar 2017 02:46 pm
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Rorschach wrote:
Yep. GameHED represents the worst aspects of the gaming industry. If he had his way we'd all be playing handheld re-released games on underpowered hardware, paying a monthly subscription for games you can't even keep...on the bus to Centrelink.



If Microsoft are doing it, why can't nintendo do it? This will save them from becoming a third party PC developer. I don't want candy playing nintendo games on PC as official products. He doesn't deserve it. He should be forced to play them in low resolution the way they were intended so that in competitve play online he has to skill up and be as handicapped as the others.
The reason Esports can be legit is because of consoles which keep everyone on a level playing field. Candy being a cheat who can't even use balrog properly on SF5 is always looking to buy new hardware so he can play it at higher frames than others. That will make tournaments meaningless.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


06 Mar 2017 02:54 pm
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Rorschach wrote:
Quote:
When a kickstarter project finally meets its goal I don't see a need to give any more money because anything extra is excess and makes them lazy.


What money? You've never backed a project, just abuse those that do.



Why the fuck should I give any money to projects that have already met their goal????

Why take on risk that is unecessary you dickhead? You can give them the money WHEN IT IS RELEASED as a finished product. I don't have any interest in telling the developer what I want to see in the game. That's their job to do, not mine. You guys are just fanboys so you WANT to give free money. Whereas for me, I want to use money only as a reward for good work. That's what makes me different from Boomy.

Let's say someone dies on the team and the game never gets completed? You going to be happy that you just wasted money on something you didn't get? When you could have used the money buying a finished game from someone else?

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


06 Mar 2017 02:57 pm
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
BOOMY wrote:
Indies are not nintendo or EA. They need your money or there will be no second chance to please some fool on a message board who chose not to buy their game to teach them a lesson. Get the point. Vote with your dollars or deal with consequence of the industry not matching your tastes....
....and here we are in yet another thread hearing gamehed whinge about how the gaming industry doesn't match his tastes.
FUCK
Image


Yes but Obsidian made Pillars of Eternity 1 already so why do they need to ask for new money for the sequel? They can just use the profits from the first game to fund the second game.

The first game was the kickstart, the franchise has now kickstarted now just continue making games the normal way by paying for it yourself. And then when it is finished, and polished and bug tested etc you release it and people will give you money when they buy the game. No need to kickstart a sequel if the first game was the kickstart right? It's a bit greedy imo.

It shows you have no faith in your own ability to sell the sequel when you beg in advance of making the sequel. It's not like they need to pay for new computers or something like that. The sequel is just more of the same.

1. by givgin them money in advance it is like saying "I don't car e if its shit or not"
2. by withholding the money, you ENSURE IT MUST BE GOOD or else they starve.

We are not running a charity. They should work as hard as any other coder in the industry and match the work ethic of them. I'm not saying they don't but as a customer you should just buy after release not prior to release because you never know if someone dies on the team, leaves the team, or gets hunted by a company to work on something else and the project remains only half done. My way of thinking is superior to yours. You want to reward bad games, whereas I want to have a way to punish bad games which is healthy for the industry because it forces only the good products to rise to the top.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


Last edited by GameHED on 06 Mar 2017 03:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.



06 Mar 2017 03:02 pm
Profile
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 02:39 am
Posts: 3156
Location: 戦争こそ僕たちたちの生業
You're a fucktard :lol: You pimped System Shock well in advance of it meeting its finance goals and then throw up bullshit argues like you are now about how your tastes matter and you won't support the game until it finished. Face it, you are a parasite and it's people like you that hurt the industry, not help it.

_________________
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.


06 Mar 2017 03:04 pm
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
You see kickstarter as charity whereas I see it as a way to fund the game.
But if the game is already going to meet its target due to fanboys why should I take the risk when others WILL?

I would rather give my money AFTER the product is released not before it is released. That's how sane people think.

You guys have different logic to me so I think YOU should pay for the funding of the game but that you can't force ME to follow your logic when I have my OWN logic. (which is pnish crap games by only buying when it is proven to not be crap)

When you use my logic a developer is forced to fix a broken game or else they don't get any money. Your logic is that they can make it "just good enough" and then run away with your money. They did that with ET on the Atari 2600 which caused a collapse in the game industry.

The americans are unethical unless you FORCE them to be ethical by withholding money. You guys are just dumber than me ok? Japanese has the code of honour from the samurai warrior days. That's why you can't find many buggy nintendo titles compared to EA ones. Once we stop candy from ruininig the game industry again, then he will be forced to play games at low res along with the kids.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


Last edited by GameHED on 06 Mar 2017 03:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.



06 Mar 2017 03:10 pm
Profile
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 07:25 pm
Posts: 2845
Nintendo is not becoming a third party developer. If they did a monthly subscription it would be so poorly executed you would have to look elsewhere to play the games you want anyway. Regardless, they are addressing this non issue by releasing things like the mini NES. They set realistic goals and meet them, which keeps them in profit.

As a gamer, why would you want more shitty subscriptions delivering shit you didn't ask for? A Large company like nintendo doesn't need your monthly payments. A small indie developer does. Why starve the little guy and kill off new talent? First the sexist facism and now this...like i said, you've gone wrong mate. Completely backflipping on what you supposedly stand for and cant help yourself from owning yourself at every turn.

As for e sports...starcraft, LOL, counterstrike, overwatch. Fact is, the absolute crushing majority of e sports gaming happens on PCs and is considered fair play on a level field. Get a clue.


06 Mar 2017 03:12 pm
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12361
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Yes but Candy believes open platforms are better than closed ones because Gabe says so. He wants consoles to die off and for games to go back to being shit like the games in the Atari 2600 days when americans could make shovelware titles and trick us all into buying shit games.

Closed platforms offer restrictions which police that activity. Nintendo already saved the game industry once by making it safe to play console again. Now along comes these new guys who are americans and they want to kill console just so we can have platforms that need to upgraded every 6 months? No thanks. I like 5 year cycles.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


06 Mar 2017 03:16 pm
Profile
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 02:39 am
Posts: 3156
Location: 戦争こそ僕たちたちの生業
Pretty sure GameHED is a gag account now, no one is wilfully this stupid and ignorant.

_________________
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.


06 Mar 2017 03:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.