Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

SNES Mini - Out Today

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Anyone picked one up yet?

I have one on preorder but I'm not heading into the city until Monday so I'll pick mine up then.

Been getting excellent reviews. And I'm glad we're not getting the hideous US design.

Never had a SNES (or Mega Drive) back in the day. My family went straight from a Master System II and Commodore 64 to a 486 PC (and hours and hours of me playing Doom and the original WarCraft shareware) and a PlayStation.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: SNES Mini - Out Today

Post by Candy Arse »

I got an email from JB yesterday confirming it has been shipped. I'm going to have to take some funny photos of the SNES Mini next to the real thing.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

It's practically the same hardware as the NES mini.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

So is the GCN,Wii and Wii U. What’s your point? :)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

:lol: on fire!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Waiting for mine to arrive Monday
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Got mine this morning.
Plugged it in.
Played Starfox first to unlock Starfox 2. I remember trying Starfox back in the day and hating it. Boy was young me wrong. Starfox is fun.
Then called in my youngest to test the second controller. Stomped him in SMK and SFIIT.
Then played some SMW, followed by some Metroid.
Damn. This thing is amazing.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

How do these games look and play on modern screens?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

SMW looks like the GOD of 2D platformers that it is.
Everything else looks blocky as hell so far unfortunately. Doesn't detract from the awesome though.
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Anyone picked one up yet?

I have one on preorder but I'm not heading into the city until Monday so I'll pick mine up then.

Been getting excellent reviews. And I'm glad we're not getting the hideous US design.

Never had a SNES (or Mega Drive) back in the day. My family went straight from a Master System II and Commodore 64 to a 486 PC (and hours and hours of me playing Doom and the original WarCraft shareware) and a PlayStation.
My story is very similar to yours... gone from Commodore 64 to a 486. I always wanted a SNES, and this SNES Mini made up for it.

I played Street Fighter 2 and Mario Kart with the kids, and they keep complaining about how crap the graphics look... and I have to tell them they were state of the arts back in their days.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I should have preordered one when I had the chance.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:How do these games look and play on modern screens?
As good as an emulator, it's an arm A7 quadcore with mali 400 GPU. Honestly I think people would be better off with a raspberry pi 3. RetroArch setup on a htpc does the trick too.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I hope they get to putting star fox 2 on the switch eshop. :up:

Maybe nintendo should remake the first two starfox games for modern hardware like they have done for Metroid 2: Samus Returns? Switch needs more things to play on the go.

Will eventually buy my switch for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and mario odyssey.

listening to some of the music from the OST right now:
Could it beat Zelda BOTW for best game of all time by edge staff?

I await candy's review of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 still. Hurry up. Is it better than witcher 3 like how Zelda BOTW is?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

eurogamer reviews the mini snes:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... tem-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
not quite as good as playing on originals but it's recommended if you can't find them anymore. (if you owned a PAL 50Hz SNES it's obviously going to be superior despite not being 100% faithful to the time)

I think playing the snes games on 3DS is fine for me. And I still have Yoshi's Island from the GBA port on it which isn't as good as having SNES version on 3DS but it will suffice. When you squeeze the old graphics down to small screen the image looks clean and unpixelated again. Final Fight 3 actually doesn't look too ugly on new 3DSXL. This is why the Neogeo X came with a little portable handheld device with it: if you hated the stretched out blocky graphics on huge tv screen, you could play the games in shrunk down form again on the small screen and it would hide the ugliness of old graphics a bit better. Can't really blame kids today for hating on the graphics of the old days. We were doing it to fans of atari. I guess it's our turn to be made fun of by kids of today for playing games with outdated tech.
I await nintendo's release of Yoshi Island on eshop for new 3dsxl so I can play the SNES version on the go. Super Mario World is up on eshop and the Donkey Kong Country games but not Yoshi's Island :(
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Mine arrived today, and I got confirmation my pi 3 has been dispatched :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Aren't you going to wait for Jim Sterling to call you an elitist for playing that old crap stuff that punished you for making mistakes if you were bad at the games? He's done another anti-elite gaming video which pokes fun at people who miss the old days when games were designed to challenge reflexes brains and consistancy at performance by limiting continues and save points. I told you he was crazy for giving Zelda BOTW a 7 and this new video series proves it. Now he is desperate to appeal to the mobile gaming crowd because they outnumber hardcore gamers in order to pay his bills.
These SJWs piss me off. They probably think people who like classic games aren't being inclusive for wanting games tobe easy for today's entitled generation who can't play super metroid because the public schools they were taught in never encouraged kids to think for themslf so they are confused that there are no NAV markers on metroids map telling you where to go next and just quit playing. lol

We live in a time where its ok to bash hardcore gamers. What the fuck is going on here? It's the casuals who people should be laughing at. Is it opposite day or something? Is the wii coming back and buttons are being made obsolete again to perform actions? The filthy casuals better not be writing to nintendo telling them to make the next donkey kong on switch be a game where you use motion sensing to jump again. We just got past that era and back to normal again. There are easy modes in Samus Returns. No more whining.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Got it :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Got mine on Sunday but haven't opened it yet. Keen to play some Super Mario World
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Mine arrived today. Good to see GR's real Nintendo fans scored the mini
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

guttermouth wrote:Mine arrived today. Good to see GR's real Nintendo fans scored the mini
And no sign of Jasper. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:lol: :fight:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:As good as an emulator, it's an arm A7 quadcore with mali 400 GPU. Honestly I think people would be better off with a raspberry pi 3. RetroArch setup on a htpc does the trick too.
So I see you are ferociously against gay marriage on religious grounds, but yet in favour of COMMITTING A CRIME and ILLEGALLY downloading and STEALING roms...even though one of the ten commandments is "thou shalt not steal". :roll:

lestat wrote:You're not religious, which explains why you place no importance on marriage.

We're becoming Godless people, relevancy is a big thing now for religious groups and the contractual norms we had in society are slowly being destroyed.

Create a seperate law and title for same sex couples and don't confuse the matter. Marriage is all about a union that can produce biologcal offspring and it has deep religious meaning.

Oh, lestat...you typical white heterosexual male hypocrite! Check your white privilege!!! :down:

GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The only reason the courts want to bring in gay marriage is because hetero couples are not getting married anymore and going MGTOW. The family court is evil Jasper. Now that the lawyers have no way to make money, they are turning to gays for the $.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

MGTOW. Metal Gear :Tactics Of War confirmed by GameHED.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote:
lestat wrote:As good as an emulator, it's an arm A7 quadcore with mali 400 GPU. Honestly I think people would be better off with a raspberry pi 3. RetroArch setup on a htpc does the trick too.
So I see you are ferociously against gay marriage on religious grounds, but yet in favour of COMMITTING A CRIME and ILLEGALLY downloading and STEALING roms...even though one of the ten commandments is "thou shalt not steal". :roll:

lestat wrote:You're not religious, which explains why you place no importance on marriage.

We're becoming Godless people, relevancy is a big thing now for religious groups and the contractual norms we had in society are slowly being destroyed.

Create a seperate law and title for same sex couples and don't confuse the matter. Marriage is all about a union that can produce biologcal offspring and it has deep religious meaning.

Oh, lestat...you typical white heterosexual male hypocrite! Check your white privilege!!! :down:

Copyright is not theft.

God didn't state thou shall not copy bits.

lol privilege, I wish. I guess I must be privileged to be called wog in my younger years and have to compete with people all the time for shit.
GameHED wrote:The only reason the courts want to bring in gay marriage is because hetero couples are not getting married anymore and going MGTOW. The family court is evil Jasper. Now that the lawyers have no way to make money, they are turning to gays for the $.
Gamehed nails it here, the wedding industry is just rubbing their hands waiting to milk gay couples for photos, car limbo, reception, cake etc, 50k+, line em up.

Then the lawyers line up afterwards once gay couples find out they lost more rights than they gained before going into the contract. :lol: