DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by lestat »

Yeah I'm waiting for them to migrate across to steam and allow me to bring my xbox character on PC.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

:up:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Oh there is also an updated driver for AMD Ryzen 3000 users.

Peppermint Lounge
The End

PC account holders should link their Destiny account with Steam before the October 1 switch. It’s currently not clear whether you’ll be able to transfer your progress if you link after Oct 1.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I'll jump back in and play through the campaign once they move to Steam. Was really enjoying it until I got to that point where I got swarmed by one million baddies way more powerful than me :/
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Thanks for the reminder.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Well it's up on steam now, they had server issues this morning, I think it's been resolved.

Time to port over my xbox character. On second thought I might wait a day, looks like they're still working on the servers.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Took 45 mins to unpack my pre downloaded package. Logged in fine. Seamless for me. I haven't checked out the new location yet. Nice to see a populated friends list for a change. We should def get a GR guild going now.
Ambrose Burnside

Loaded it up on Steam, confronted by a menu that made no sense (a bunch of planets) had no idea how to continue my campaign, logged off again :lol:

Will have to try again today at some point. If only there was a "continue game" option :|
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

When in the planets menu look top left. Press 'E' to see your outstanding quests.
Ambrose Burnside

Peppermint Lounge wrote:When in the planets menu look top left. Press 'E' to see your outstanding quests.
Hmmm, it seems my only option was to start from the beginning. Said I had no outstanding quests.

Ah well, I couldn't remember what I'd done anyway :lol:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Been playing Shadowkeep. I didn't play Destiny 1 so can't compare the new moon location to the old. The first few hours of acclimatising to the new level/grind systems were bit of a slog. There's a tonne of new stats you can tweak for weapons and armor which is a waste of time while you're levelling power level and churning through items every few minutes. There's now a season pass rank system that provides rewards for XP earned as per many other monetised 'free to play games'. The new finishers are great (similar mechanic to Doom glory kills).

I had the best fun I've had with the game at any time last night though. The campaign quests are stunning. While not really scary they're conspicuously dark vs the usual vibrant colours. Music and sound is amazing. You can't not enjoy it.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I love the reimagined Moon. It adds plenty of new areas to explore, as well as expands the original spaces and connects a few places up while still smashing you with nostalgia. Being able to jump off the catwalk at Archer's Line into what used to just be skybox is liberating, even if there's only a small area added.

I was a bit miffed at first that the seasonal artifact is all geared toward hand cannons, auto rifles and SMGs, but some of the new Vex and Eris weapons are great. I haven't touched SMGs since Antiope-D in year 1, now I need a very good reason to unequip the Subjunctive I'm using. I like that your power level gets augmented by the artifact level.

The whole season pass thing seems ok, I'm still not sold on armour 2.0 though. Just seems like an unnecessary complication, particularly the mod affinities. Haven't bothered much with stat hunting (I'll be levelling for a while yet) but just by keeping whatever had the highest discipline and throwing a couple of mods on I've managed to hit 100 and have a 32 second grenade cooldown, which certainly helps.

The main thing that genuinely surprised me is Bungie seems to have delivered on the idea of the world changing and evolving. When they announced that seasonal activities would be removed at the end of each season I was disappointed- the only thing that got me through Season of the Drifter was being able to continue flogging the Black Armoury content from the previous season, and it would have sucked to see it go. But Shadowkeep has been out for less than a fortnight and already we've got
Spoiler!
the Vex invading all over the shop in response to the raid being beaten, and more recently Ikora building extensions to the Tower with plans to construct a fuck-off Vex portal so we can kill old mate The Undying Mind in every possible timeline.
That's pretty cool! If they have a few more story beats like that throughout the season I can see the phasing out of the seasonal activities making sense, and one season leading nicely into the next.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Finally started playing this a few days ago, I haven't been playing much lately, guess I just needed a break from gaming for a little bit and I was distracted by my marvel legends collecting. Anyways I have to say this game feels amazing, it runs amazingly smooth on my rig, locked 144fps and looks great. The mouse aiming and controls feels so much better than it did on console.

My brother's been playing this heaps, he's addicted so I have a bit of catching up to do, I saw pep online last night playing this so yeah if you see me on, just msg to join your fireteam. This might be my grind game from now on.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Heh, I retreated there after knocking off Gears 5 act 2. Was nice to feel powerful again. :D
Ambrose Burnside

I believe I've almost finished the base campaign.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Thanks for the runaround last night, Rorschach. :up:

We knocked off a Lost Sector, Nightfall Strike and played a Gambit round.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

No worries, Destiny kind of sucks going full solo. Easier to get through the collect-athon with a fire team. Hoping enough of us can get together of a night to do the Raids.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Do you guys have a night, when you're most likely on? Wouldn't mind grouping up to do some of the strikes.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I'm usually playing something from around 9pm - 11:30pm-ish most nights. Can easily make it Destiny 2 if someone fancies a run. I'm keen to check out more of the team strikes and raids.
Ambrose Burnside

Well I finished the base campaign. Was easy as fuck, dunno how I managed to find myself so badly overwhelmed by baddies so much more powerful than me the first time I attempted it.

Oh well, playing through the year one campaign stuff now.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

lestat wrote:Do you guys have a night, when you're most likely on? Wouldn't mind grouping up to do some of the strikes.
I'm basically on from 9pm each night, especially now as I have another three weeks of leave. Get the light level up to Raid ready levels and get the really good gear :up:
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

MGS has owned me this past fortnight and Halo beckons but I'm keen from some Destiny grind soon. I enjoyed the Shadowkeep story content however I've barely scratched the current 'season' despite paying for it. Feel free to hit me up if you're on Rorschach or lestat. :up:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

What are people's thoughts, if any, on Destiny 2 in the post-Activision/Steam era?

I've been on the last couple of nights checking the lastest Season of the Worthy content (I bought Shadowkeep deluxe which includes all the seasons). I missed the previous season. Latest content is very good however I feel behind on events and power level. The previous season's story content appears to be gone. I followed the latest story quests which look amazing and are fun to play, however I was dropped into events requiring 1000 power. Normal drops now cap at 950. Levelling further requires I attend activities with powerful or pinnacle drops, the vast majority of which are group-based. Playing strikes with speed-running randoms is not how I like to play D2. Gambit is ok, but again not my preference. I want more solo end-game content for casual dads like me who want to play the 1000 power content.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

More solo powerful drop opportunites have been popping up which is welcome and fun. Hot spot planets rewarding powerful gear once you run enough public events, lost sectors and heroic story missions. Was on Mercury last night and had a blast. Am getting through season pass rewards at a good rate too. My intention a few nights ago was to check in on Destiny 2 while I decide what to play next. I'm still here and will be for a while.