DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by flipswitch »

PC version runs very well on a number of different setups. 60fps is very achievable even at 4K. I haven't got into the beta but I'm tempted to try it out.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

i5 2500k/gtx970... smooth 60fps everything on high, might try to pump things up more!

I might actually get this now!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Everything maxed out except AA and shadows. 1440p getting solid 70-75fps. This game is awesome
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Microsoft should get some cross-play with PC happening. But Bungie are in Sony's pockets...
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Really looking forward to this. I liked what I played of the original but 30fps shooting games really do put me off and not in a trollish way.

My PC is ready and waiting.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I assume there is going to be a lot of sickis next week...
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Can the FOV on PC be adjusted?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yes, there is a slider
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Can I get a roll call of who is getting this on PC?

Would be great to tee up raids etc together
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Yeah I will probably get it, I feel like an idiot because destiny was such a massive waste of time but I really like the atmosphere and it's only 59 smackers at JB

Of course the DLC will be a rort again.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Already pre-ordered on PC - I'll play with you Candy. The beta has been awesome, game looks gorgeous at the higher resolutions.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Don't do it jizz.

The reviews need to be gob smacking amazing for me to try it again, luckily the pc version is delayed by 2 months so we'll get a good idea if the game has decent content and isn't just the same zone recycled 1000 times. So far what's been shown hasn't convinced me there is plenty meat on that bone.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

:run: FOUR MORE SLEEPS :run:
Not actually spoilers, just keeping things tidy:
Spoiler!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Having never played the original, will 2 make sense to me now that I can jump on board with Master Race?

Is it like Borderlands in that you can play with a squad but can also play through it single player? I played a bit of Borderlands co-op but I'm not reliable enough to play online all the time, I ended up playing though it single player, and I enjoyed it even though I could tell that I would enjoy it more with a squad, it just wasn't feasible. Can I do that with Destiny 2?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I don't think we know the answer to that Ambrose, not yet. The hope is yes, I *think* Bungie is trying to make the story side more fleshed out. But you'll never be alone, story missions frequently cross over with shared worlds so there's always other players around.

Edit: Just to flesh this out a bit - you can always play Destiny on your own. You don't need friends to do missions, strikes have matchmaking, crucible (deathmatch) also contributes to your character's progress. I had a mate who joined up late and he went hardcore on his own to catch up and was able to do so. You really only need to coordinate with friends if you want to do the raids, but even then you can go to the social hub and you might get an invite for a raid or you can message others to ask to do so. That or organise it in a Destiny forum.

The shooting, the game, all of it is infinitely superior to Borderlands in my opinion.
Ambrose Burnside

Awesome, thanks! :) Sounds perfect for me who can't commit to an MMO type game and just wants to shoot things without dealing with other people if I don't have to :redface: Seems an odd thing for them to be real hush-hush about though.

Looking forward to the reviews.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Oh, Bungie will tell you it's great as a single player game but people have been burnt by this in the past so I'm just taking a cautious approach.
Bungie described the main campaign as being longer than any in the series, with “more cinematics” and “more story missions”. It’s a notable change from the recent history of the game, which had de-emphasised structured narratives in favour of player-led adventures. But Bungie hopes the main plot will return to being a core part of the experience.
Comes out in a few hours, so impressions should be in soon! :D
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Further to what Madmya said above, Destiny 2 has in-game features to cater to exactly your situation Ambrose. There's a new thing called Guided Games that basically lets clans that are down a player (or just want to help out) match up with single players, without anyone having to use external LFG sites. Remains to be seen if it actually works well of course, but there were a lot of players in the first game that were happy to help out solo players, so I imagine you'll be able to line up a raid when the time comes. Solo play is fine for almost everything else, there are just a couple of endgame modes that either require a fireteam or are simply bullshit difficult without one.

All of you PC lads should make a clan though. Even if you can't actively play together much, you'll be earning perks and minor rewards for everyone in the clan.

An hour and a half away. I have a brand new controller and backup controller charged, adequate sustenance and two days off work. My body is ready.
Ambrose Burnside

Thanks! A Ranch PC clan does sound cool, especially if we earn bonuses even if we can't play together a lot.

Skim reading a few 'reviews in progress' until I can sit down and read them properly, and liking what I'm seeing:
Though the Destiny 2 servers have only just been switched on, I've already played what you're playing now. Right now. Bungie invited exactly one Aussie games critic to have a 16-hour playthrough of Destiny 2, weeks before launch. I am that Guardian. ... Still, I played 12 solid hours of the campaign until it reached a critical end mission, at which point the controller was yanked out of my hands.
Source

~12 hour single player campaign sounds good to me for an FPS. Especially when there's all the other multiplayer content. Titanfall 2 was my 2016 GOTY based purely on its campaign, and that was only ~8 hours long.

I have a $50 JB gift card and this is only $59 on Master Race. I think it's going to happen.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Impressions and early play reports are great. Didn't see/touch the first one but am tempted by this.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I can't see myself hanging around grinding for loot, but I enjoyed playing the campaign on the first one with jizz and chaos, I wonder if it's worth buying and doing that again then trade it in?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Going to be a long month but super hyped now. Even a 12 hour campaign with upgraded visuals with Halo like gun play will have me sold
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Agreed. Watching the recent DF episode talking about how well optimised the PC game is caught my attention too. Looks and runs like a champ.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Been reading some good first impressions of the SP campaign, even comparing to the start of Halo 3.

Managed the resist even trying the first Destiny, must resist this.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Everyone who has played the PC version is drooling. Now I'm reading/hearing things like "I don't want to touch the console versions after playing that".

I'll happily hold out for a month and grab it then.