DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by Rorschach »

Sounds good, I’m off for the next three days. I usually play nights but pretty free, if you see me just ping me. I’ve hit a level cap at the moment. Trying to grind up to do the grandmaster stuff but nothing is dropping.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Re: DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by Gamma »

Friendly reminder to grab any unclaimed stuff from last season's pass before it disappears at weekly reset: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/PreviousSeason

Just redeemed five exotics on my Hunter, they were all dogshit. :(
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Vault of Glass has proven to be enough of a draw card to get my old D1 crew back together, we've been running it weekly since release. It looks nice, and I'm happy with the extra mechanics that have been added- it'd just be a steamroll without them, poor old Templar still gets belted as it is. The Gorgons are incredibly weak to Wardcliff Coil as well so we've been half-assing the labyrinth and nuking them when we get caught. It's good fun.

Managed to snag Vex Mythoclast on week 2, it's a bit of a novelty gun but it was nice to finally get an exotic raid drop in D2. Got decent rolls on the majority of available weapons, but in keeping with Destiny 1 tradition I still haven't seen a Fatebringer. :emo: Hoping to get the class item this week to finish off the Warlock set.

On a less positive note, I ran into the dreaded Beagle error on PS5 last night which necessitates deleting and redownloading the game. Jumped across to PC while that was happening, and got three legendary lost sectors in before it froze right as my Titan's thundercrash collided mid-air with a diving Vex chicken. Not having a good run! Considered firing up the PS4 then thought better of it. PS5 version is ready to go again now, fingers crossed it doesn't crap out mid-raid this week.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Beagle error. Wondering how that name was arrived at.

I played the opening mission, liked the visuals, then landed in an area choc-full of exposition about the Eliksni, their history and customs. It bored me shitless. Eventually found my way out of there and found all the season mechanics, Helm upgrade, seasonal artefact and how to level even more confusing than usual. And that's before I got to Transmog. And where's my seasonal armour ffs?

I've been engrossed in Division 2 these past weeks but am feeling the urge to alternate with Destiny 2 so I can get into this season proper. That pass isn't going to level itself.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

The error codes can be pretty funny, I've been Babooned out of many an Iron Banner match. Beagle is a pretty bad error though so I hope it gets addressed soon, apparently it's been like this for a couple of weeks and has something to do with the specifics of the PS5 SSD and fiddling with your inventory during loading screens. I heard it was specific to Strikes but I copped it on my way to see Xur on Nessus.

This seasons artifact seems more confusing at first but in true Bungie fashion it's basically just a reskin of the hammer from last season. The only major difference is you use Decrypted Data both to upgrade the splicer gauntlet and to focus engrams, so I'm just ignoring the engrams for the first few weeks. You want to unlock the Override Efficiency column first, as that increases the amount of Decrypted Data you get each run, beyond that just go with whatever you like the look of.

The seasonal ornaments are ok I guess, but the pass feels very bare bones this time around without the armour. I was always paying for the seasonal content not the pass, but it's still disappointing. Good luck finding the seasonal class item, so far within my clan it's rarer than Vex Mythoclast. :lol:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I keep going back to my full vault to do the big purge, end up just deleting lesser duplicates then bailing before having to really cull anything. Now however all my duplicates are gone and my vault plus slots are full. I can't proceed and enjoy a session without purging now. I've checked out some guides, even watched some dudes organise their shit via DIM. Too hard. Any tips for a casual hoarder? I'm close to deleting everything that isn't exotic bar my masterworked sentimentals with counters. As for armour I know you can reacquire some but not others.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Armour appearance doesn't really matter any more with transmog, so you can safely dismantle anything that has low stats regardless of whether it's reaquirable or not. Paste "basestat:total:<=55 -is:exotic" into DIM, and unless you can see a particularly compelling reason to keep any of the results, piss them all off. Adjust the 55 in the filter depending on the quality of your stuff, I got to 58 before I had to make any tough decisions. It's the sort of cull you do once in a blue moon, and it really helps clear out a lot of crap in one go without spending too much time. Class items straight up don't have intrinsic stats, so if you've got more than 8 on any one character, clear them out too. Same for ghost shells, sparrows, and ships if you have any in storage. All can be retrieved from collections later should you desire.

The only exceptions I've found to the transmog system are the ornaments for the faction armour (FWC, NM, DO), which can only be applied to the actual faction armour. Probably doesn't concern you, but for example I dig the War Simulator set for Warlock and Hunter, so I haven't dismantled my base Simulator sets.

As for weapons, if you've got no duplicates I should be asking you for inventory management tips. No dupes is incredible. I have nine Gnawing Hungers. :suicide:

There's no quick solution that I know of, but light.gg and r/sharditkeepit are both good resources for evaluating weapon rolls. The former shows you what perks are available on each weapon, the latter gives a bit of insight into what you should be looking for (just search for existing results, no need to post). Note that they discern between PvP and PvE, and Console and PC (which is really controller vs KBAM, so look for the console rolls if you use a controller).
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Great info, Gamma. Thanks. You saved me a lot of YouTube trawling.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

It’s done. Vault 200 places lighter by disassembling low stat armour alone. Of course I did shard a couple of high stat pieces in error. Both times I noticed the 70 something number late and lifted off the key just in time to see it disassemble.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Good games last night, Rorschach. :up:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

All good. I'm just in the middle of a work week so would have done more of the activities otherwise. Just need two more regulars now, then can Raid.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Am some hours into the season now and loving it. Expunge is simultaneously amazing and can fuck right off. I was 1272ish when I ran it solo for my first run though most of my deaths came from the platforming. It's 1290 recommended so I had to go through more boss shield regeneration phases than I should have. Good boss fight though. It starts dropping pinnacle soon so I will happily run it again and again. Override is quick and fun. Some good story this season too. :up:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

What’s up with Override Tanlged Shore performance? I’m in the 40s when it starts and it rarely gets out of the 50s. Checked online and people with more powerful rigs than mine experiencing same.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I think it's to do with lag and ping - contingent on who you are matched with. Some nights it runs smooth as, other nights like a PS4 game.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Rorschach have you completed the Presage quest? It's my first order of business tonight. I've had a couple of stabs previously but they were toward the end of a session and I ended up bailing because it was getting too late.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Sorry, today was my last day of work, three weeks off now. I usually do it each week after the reset to get a better roll on the Dead Man. Can do it tomorrow if you're around.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Yep I'll be on. Am up for Nightfalls too.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

New season 6-man Astral Alignment activity needs fixing. Enemies stopped spawning during my session and I had to quit. A fix due in the coming days.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Cross-play is here. I was on Bungie.net just now so sent out some new friend requests to GR D2 players. :up:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I’ve added you Pep, I’ve been struggling with inventory woes that keep me from playing much but I’ll find the time to clear it out one of these days. :)

Is “LIFEOFCUZ” someone from here? I get an invite every time I log in but have no idea who it is.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Ta, Gamma. Haven't been on much myself. Just enough to tick the season's story along.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Didn't even know the 'Destiny Content Vault' was acronymed. Anyway, Tangled Shore is heading to the DCV. One of my least favourite strikes, Warden of Nothing, will stay. Spider's currency conversion services are heading elsewhere, see story link. The Forsaken campaign also being vaulted which makes sense given where the current story is these days.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50752
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: 08 Oct 2021 01:57 pm The Forsaken campaign also being vaulted which makes sense given where the current story is these days.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50752
Doesn't that suck for newbies or those that aren't up to date with everything?

I played through the now long-gone original Destiny 2 campaign, then deleted the game when they started vaulting things cos I knew I'd never keep up and be completely lost when I decide to log back in.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

They’re offering the Forsaken campaign for free players in the lead up to vaulting. It’s the best campaign in the game so if you like Destiny you should definitely play it.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Game is completely fucked for me on PC now, the moment I land anywhere except the Tower I get a Marmot error, the game crashes and leaves Steam in a state where it thinks D2 is still running, requiring a restart. I've had this behaviour come and go between updates before, only now it's been given a name and appears to be here to stay. Reinstalling Destiny 2, Steam, even Windows in its entirety does nothing to fix it according to multiple people who have already tried, but at least I can just move to the PS5. The quinessential PC gaming experience!