DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Re: DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by jizzlobber »

yup, but at least you get 60fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsvPVk5eH4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luke Smith reckons 60fps isn't possible on XB1X, not even at 1080p :clap:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

PC version is the way to go!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...h-destiny-2-pc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If content wasn't held back it would be very awesome.

Edit-ps4 exclusive content will be coming to pc/xb1 next year
Last edited by jizzlobber on 16 Jun 2017 08:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It was always going to be. I'm all in!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

jizzlobber wrote:yup, but at least you get 60fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LsvPVk5eH4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luke Smith reckons 60fps isn't possible on XB1X, not even at 1080p :clap:
I flat-out don't believe this, and the whole thing has me a little bitter.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Madmya wrote:the whole thing has me a little bitter.
Good. Nothing makes me wetter than a broken-hearted xbot. :)

This is me when an xbot's heart is shattered into a million little pieces... :keke:

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Cool story bro
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Looking forward to this in 1440p, ultra settings and 60fps. Day one.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That Eurogamer article is pretty damn exciting for PC gamers.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Looks like a kids shooter. Good to see PC gamers have something to play so they can stop begging for console franchises to be ported to their machine all the bloody time.

Splatoon 2 and Warframe are where its at. (warframe is a free to play Destiny-like)

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/09/ ... years-ago/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anthem is coming and looks like EA's Destiny Killer. Bungie should be shitting themselves.

Too bad these games will not pass the nintendo seal of quality tests and probably not go to the Switch.
The only hope Jasper for a Destiny on Switch is if Nintendo hires a good shooter company to make a Federation Force game on there with next gen graphics. That will cause Candy to throw his pc out the window because we know he is a closet nintendo fan. (admits to liking Metroid Prime series because he loves to pretend he is a girl in powered armour and get gang raped by many different alien species. This is why he bought Mass Effect Andromeda where the franchise is all about the alien sex now)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

GameHED wrote:That will cause Candy to throw his pc out the window because we know he is a closet nintendo fan who admits to liking Metroid Prime series because he loves to pretend he is a girl in powered armour and get gang raped by many different alien species.

Tell us more about Candy Arse questioning his gender identity, and wanting to get gang raped... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yes please do GameHED, but do it in Jasper's Nintendo thread and I promise I'll unignore you in that thread :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Bungie needs to look out for both Warframe and Anthem
Lots of people prefer Warframe.

Warframe is only less popular due to lack of awareness of its existence. That means tons of people have basically wasted money playing a shittier game when a free to play game which is cheaper and better has gone unnoticed! For shame...

And now that Anthem is coming it is only going to make it harder for people to choose.

Jasper:

Nintendo could make a Warframe clone using the Metroid series. In Metroid Prime Hunters you could choose to be a bounty Hunter and select different characters but that game was a PvP affair.

What if nintendo took all the ideas from Warframe and let you play as different Alien races in powered suits and made it into a loot game?

Anyway pass my idea onto the nintendo bosses.

This would allow nintendo to have their own version of destiny that is better than Anthem, Warframe and Destiny by having better controls, cooler animations (hire platinum to design the characters and bosses) and more open world environments to explore. (ie we have all seen the environments in BOTW and Xenoblade. Now imagine that for a Diablo-style Loot game? PHWOAR!)

Now imagine that like Warframe you could have your own ship and travel to different planets but it's all connected to the Metroid and Federation Force universe? Holy shit. Candy is going to lose his shit and trade in his PC to Eb Games for a Switch just to play it. He's going to have to trade in his other consoles to buy all the Metroid Warframe Amiibos. Nintendo will get rich stealing all the ideas from these other guys and refining them to perfection and offer them on Switch as exclusive.

The difference between the nintendo version of destiny is the transforming ability of your character which lets you do abilities you can't in humanoid mode. (eg attach yourself to walls, roll into a ball to roll past fire, sneak up to enemies with stealth mode for critical hit etc)
Splatoon has smooth controls but its a PvP game. What nintendo needs is a PvE game that moves fast like Splatoon but with RPG mechanics to keep people playing for long time. Like Federation Force the game is designed around co-op. (but the mech suits are something you can opt to use, not the core of the game. You are already in a powered suit and the mecha is something you can choose to enter like the one in FEAR 2 for heavier firepower.

Warframe proves that you don't need a 500 million dollar budget to make a loot game. Nintendo is rich from all the money they make seling amiibos. They can probably kill all the existing loot games on the market if they wanted to, if they just put the right team together to steal EA/Bioware and Bungie's profits with a superior alternative. (and using a popular franchise to attract fans of that franchise into it)
Last edited by GameHED on 18 Jun 2017 11:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

GameHED wrote:Holy shit. Candy is going to lose his shit and trade in his PC to Eb Games for a Switch.
He sure is, GameHED! With the likes of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (i.e. Mario XCOM), Metroid Prime 4, Super Mario Odyssey, etc... there are far too many spectacular games in development, for Candy Arse to continue forcing himself to ignore the Nintendo Switch. :wink:

By year's end, I am confident Candy Arse would have purchased a Nintendo Switch (Super Mario Odyssey releasing just 4 months from now in particular will be his breaking point!). :lol:

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

If it's $200 or less I'd buy a Switch tomorrow! That price represents value for what you get :up:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Destiny 2 Beta can be pre-loaded on PS4 (and presumably Xbone, I haven't checked) if you've got access. Some people are having trouble finding it on the PS store, I ended up having to use the store via a browser then tell it to download to my PS4.

Pretty keen to check it out next week, in a moment of calculated weakness I pre-ordered the digital horse armour edition. Giddyup.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I'm not going to bother with the beta but I am getting Destiny 2. Got Rise of Iron recently and gees it's changed a lot. Reminded me just how good Destiny is. The game that has defined this generation for me.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:
GameHED wrote:Holy shit. Candy is going to lose his shit and trade in his PC to Eb Games for a Switch.
He sure is, GameHED! With the likes of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (i.e. Mario XCOM), Metroid Prime 4, Super Mario Odyssey, etc... there are far too many spectacular games in development, for Candy Arse to continue forcing himself to ignore the Nintendo Switch. :wink:

By year's end, I am confident Candy Arse would have purchased a Nintendo Switch (Super Mario Odyssey releasing just 4 months from now in particular will be his breaking point!). :lol:

Good to see the C64 getting some love from Nintendo. So innovative was the Commodore 64.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Fuck yeah Nebulus.
Madmya wrote:I'm not going to bother with the beta but I am getting Destiny 2. Got Rise of Iron recently and gees it's changed a lot. Reminded me just how good Destiny is. The game that has defined this generation for me.
How good is Sepiks Perfected! :rock: It's become something pretty special. A friend from ESO started playing a few weeks ago just to get her foot in before Destiny 2, she's level 392 now. It's a pretty smooth ride for new or returning players these days, and I've had a lot of fun playing through the story and raids again.

I'm mainly checking out the beta to get the emblem and see what the base emotes are like for each race (assuming that's still a thing). I'd like to get a feel for the new weapon system but I'm not going to thrash the same story mission and strike to death before launch.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Had a chance to see the beta, Gamma?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Played all of it last night, loved it, looks great. I can't wait.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Played the opening mission.....sold already
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah you can tell the story mission, well that story mission in particular, has tried to be more story-driven than the original destiny.

Try the strike, it's excellent too.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Yeah played the strike a few times. Good to see new environments and looks so damn nice. Loving the new weapons they feel so good. 2 month wait, its soooo long
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

What sort of loadout were you guys running? I couldn't find anything that felt right, ended up settling on Pulse/Scout/Linear Fusion Rifle most of the time. The only sniper in the beta was rubbish, and all three of the scouts I had felt inaccurate and weak. Nightshade was doing some serious work though.

The story mission and strike were great (apart from the "hilarious" banter between Ghost and Failsafe), but I didn't get a chance to check out The Farm. I love the look of Nessus, and there's a decent amount of new enemies. Can't wait to explore the place on patrol. I also poked around in the menus a bit and noticed you can set a shader on each piece of gear individually now, as well as on your weapons and ships, which was disproportionately exciting. Class abilities are cool, I love how much the Warlocks poached off the Destiny 1 Titans. :D

So far the new weapons system feels like a step backward to me, at least for PvE. It's a huge shakeup from the loadouts I run now in D1, and feels like I'm constantly being funnelled into CQC. I already miss random perks on weapons, and think this will hurt the end game appeal. The way subclasses are set up now also feels very restrictive, but it might end up being a strength if it feels significantly different to play each one. Funnily enough, most of these things worked out pretty well for PvP (definitely an improvement over what we have now)... I just don't really care all that much.

Still very much excited to hook in on day one, and am always going to be pumped for a new raid, but I'm not yet convinced this will have the same pull between expansions that the original game had.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

I haven't played destiny in a long time so I can't compare, but I had a lot of trouble keeping track of the gun sights. Made aiming a real issue for me even though the bullet magnetism is turned up to 11.

I enjoyed the strike, cool art and audio as usual. The boss is just a big sponge.
The blinding light effect looked sweet.