DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by Candy Arse »

jizzlobber wrote:yeah i'm fucking over that idiot trashing almost every thread I enter... he's shitting all over the place.

I don't mind a bit of trolling here and there just jasper is fucking this place.
Agreed.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

You of all people have the nerve to be bitching about trolling? :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

We all do. You ruin this forum with your trolling - you don't even play games.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I wasn't a hardcore Destiny 1 player. I never did any of the end game content like a Nightfall because my Fireteam friends were always too far ahead of me and as there was no matching I always missed out. The story was boring and the visuals were average. The Taken King was a massive step in the right direction but I was a little hesitant about jumping into Destiny 2. The beta blew me away though, looked incredible and the gameplay mechanics were on point, reminiscent of Halo 3. Anyway, point being, with a group of friends this game is awesome to play, sure there is an element of grinding but the core gameplay mechanics are solid. Really excited for the PC version as there will nil restrictions on the graphic side of things.

And yeah, Jasper is a cancerous little troll. Best to just stick him on ignore :up:
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Oh I have him on ignore but I can't resist revealing the holes he digs himself into with all his PR talk.

Back on topic my boss bought D2 and is nagging me to get it. I never played the first one because it seemed like a snoozefest after the initial excitement of playing a Bungie game wore off. I'm thinking about it but only because it has a SP campaign now.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I think it's good for your career that you do. ;)
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Some of the exotics are fucking broken at the moment. My mate has a pair of Hunter boots that are complete bullshit- whenever he uses his Nightstalker super, as long as it tethers at least four enemies (which is trivial in PvE), he gets full grenade charge, full melee charge, full class ability charge, and the fucking super back. :lol:

Meanwhile I'm charging around with gauntlets that instantly grant full health and reduce melee/grenade/ability cooldown for every melee kill. Not a charged melee kill, any melee kill. Not quite as broken as the above but still feels too powerful to last. I managed to solo a public event without firing a gun.

Gun balance is excellent, I'm starting to really get into hand cannons and auto rifles, which were pretty much an insta-dismantle for me in D1. Grenade launchers still seem a bit shitty, but the primary/energy weapons are all on point. Loving the Strikes I've played so far, Inverted Spire was great but there are some really fun ones. Preparing for the Raid tonight. Early reports are that it's "fucking excellent", but I want to go in blind so I haven't read any impressions yet.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Can PC play with xbone?
Who's getting on PC?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

No cross play I think. PC player here
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

All multiplatform games should be cross play. I've been saying this since the dawn of time.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Won't happen while two platforms are locked behind pay walls
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It's already started happening, just not as much as it should be.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Fuck, the raid is awesome!

No cross play unfortunately, but players from multiple platforms can join the same clan. Some of the clan perks are dependant on being in the same fireteam, but there'd still be a lot of benefit in doing this. I love getting free shit from my clanmates smashing PvP and me not even having unlocked Crucible access. :D
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Rorschach wrote:Won't happen while two platforms are locked behind pay walls
Like Tomby said, already started happening. Rocket League is one that comes to mind which has xbox-PC crossplay.

Besides potential technical difficulties, there's no way Sony will allow Bungie to turn on Xbox-PC crossplay. Plus there's always something not quite right about cross play between a PC and console for a FPS.

Actually, how did the PC players play the beta here? Control pad or KB/M?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

There are examples of Xbox-PC cross play on the 360, and PS-PC actually happened back on the PS2. Very few games support it unfortunately, just too many hoops to jump through I imagine. It's fair to assume it's largely Sony that would be cock-blocking cross play on Destiny 2, and MS seem to be all about it (I think they know damn well it's not going to happen and are milking goodwill), but you don't have to look back very far to find the situation reversed. Whoever's "winning" has very little incentive to give their competitor a foot-up.

Personally I think the gameplay problems inherent to console/PC cross play with FPS titles are overblown. In the case of Destiny, nobody should really give a shit who's rocking kbam or not in PvE, and in PvP it should all come out in the wash given the way matchmaking works. Hypothetically, if you had two equally skilled players but one was on a console with a pad and the other was on a PC with kbam, you would expect the PC player to have an advantage... and then they'd win, the console player would lose, and that would influence who each of them are matched with on subsequent games. Ideally you're matched with players of similar "skill" as measured by their K/D and other stats, whether that's because you're really good with a pad, or they're not the best with kbam doesn't really matter. There's no ranked mode where you're placed in a position relative to all other players, at least as far as I know.

If nothing else, it would have been great to share characters across platforms. Not full-blown cross play, but I might have considered building a PC for this if I were able to log in on my same characters and have all of my guns and stuff.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

PC here. Keyboard and mouse fo shizzle.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Madmya wrote:
Like Tomby said, already started happening. Rocket League is one that comes to mind which has xbox-PC crossplay.

Besides potential technical difficulties, there's no way Sony will allow Bungie to turn on Xbox-PC crossplay. Plus there's always something not quite right about cross play between a PC and console for a FPS.

One game out of how many though? Point still stands, while there are pay walls for the consoles it will be the exception rather than the rule. Using a game pad here for the campaign, KBAM for Cruicibe and PvP.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I think the point tomby and I were trying to make is that things are changing. It may not be the norm, but the chances are better these days than they were 2 years ago. Gears 4 has it already, I think Forza Horizon 3 does? Forza 7 will, Sea of Thieves will, in fact I think pretty much any new first party Microsoft title will try to do it.

No doubt it's all for the reasons Gamma has mentioned, easy to do when you're losing the gen and just going for the good guy status.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I don't see it honestly. There has been the odd cross platform game every generation right back to the Dreamcast with Quake 3 Arena and Chu Chu Rocket if Wikipedia to be believed but there has never been a real push by the console manufacturers. MS is only giving it a half arse attempt with what remains of its first party games because it wants to overcharge for games on its digital store front and it's had its arse kicked this generation by Sony. Don't get me wrong, would love to see it happen but can't see it ever really taking off.
Last edited by Rorschach on 16 Sep 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Microsoft's current push is the biggest push we've seen by a console manufacturer. But by all means, see the negative side only.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Sorry, how have any of my comments been negative? I'm just being pragmatic. Overly sensitive much. I appreciate you're a fan of MS and the Xbox platform but they've gone backwards in a massive way this generation and if I were to be negative I'd say this might be their last, best run prior to selling off the entire Xbox division to Amazon. Every generation has had the odd attempt at genuine cross-platform play, the last serious push I remember was with Shadowrun on the Xbox 360 and PC crossplay which went nowhere. As it stands, it doesn't serve Sony's interest to open up their player base to Xbox and PC players because they are absolutely dominant and making money off PSN Plus subscriptions.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

:io:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Rorschach wrote:Overly sensitive much. I appreciate you're a fan of MS and the Xbox platform but they've gone backwards in a massive way this generation and if I were to be negative I'd say this might be their last, best run prior to selling off the entire Xbox division to Amazon.
QFT
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote:
Madmya wrote:

One game out of how many though? Point still stands, while there are pay walls for the consoles it will be the exception rather than the rule. Using a game pad here for the campaign, KBAM for Cruicibe and PvP.
Minecraft is another isn't it across Nintendo and MS or is that still in talks?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Nah I think it is. There's more than what I mentioned, I was just trying to make the point that now is the best chance we've had for crossplay. I was set straight though, it's a disingenuous ploy to force exorbitant, RRP, digital sales.