DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: DESTINY 2 September 8th....XBOX,PS4 and PC!

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

$89.95 via battle.net or $59 from JB. Righto.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I know right? :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Geez. $59 is good, $91 here at NZ JB.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I paid $63 through humble bundle, wish I'd waited.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:$89.95 via battle.net or $59 from JB. Righto.
I assume JB version is just a code?
Ambrose Burnside

Yep, it's just a code. So identical product, $30 cheaper. Gotta love the competition only possible on Master Race <3
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Alright, shut up faggots, where are Gamma's impressions?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Yep, it's just a code. So identical product, $30 cheaper. Gotta love the competition only possible on Master Race <3
Competition for the vastly superior version too :up:
Ambrose Burnside

Candy Arse wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:Yep, it's just a code. So identical product, $30 cheaper. Gotta love the competition only possible on Master Race <3
Competition for the vastly superior version too :up:
Given all the positive impressions, the fact I'll be able run it at 120fps, and the good work our console-only cousins are doing in paying $90 to beta test an inferior version just to identify all the bugs for us so they're patched within the next month or so, I preordered at JB yesterday after work. Used the $50 gift card I had so the game will only cost me $9 :lol: :up:

Also:
Thankfully, I think we can put the story memes to rest. In Destiny 2, this series finally has a campaign worth celebrating. Even though it stumbles with an abruptly ended character arc, it still hits all the high notes it needs to and left me feeling satisfied. Artistically, there are moments that stopped me dead in my tracks. Not since Mass Effect 2’s Shadow Broker DLC have I stopped in the middle of a fire fight to admire the world I had been placed in. Sitting next to the sun while fighting a drill the size of a skyscraper makes it feel like the task at hand is larger than life by flooding the screen with color and spectacle.
:nana:
So far, while I’m in the endgame grind I’m still having a good time, and I’m excited to hop back in and get my first max-level character. But as I mentioned, there’s not a lot of clear direction from Destiny 2 after completing the campaign, and as much as I’ve loved the story I’m left feeling like I’ve seen it all, and I’d really like to see more. The upcoming Raid and Trials multiplayer mode do promise more narrative threads for me to pull at and I can’t wait to dive in to see if they satisfy my content hunger pangs. Still, I’m thrilled to see Bungie deliver on its story promises and give a more balanced PVP experience.
If I had to score Destiny 2 now, I’d give it an 8.7. On the IGN review scale, that means “Great.”
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Weren't you vehemently against Microsoft using this exact model for the bone?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Madmya wrote:Alright, shut up faggots, where are Gamma's impressions?
:lol:

I'm really happy with the game so far. I had a number of concerns after the beta, chief among them the new weapon system. Couldn't find a loadout I was happy with, and most guns felt a bit poop. Well, before I'd even started getting rare drops, I was getting attached to certain commons. The weapons just feel good to use, even if they're comparatively crap, and different weapon types feel far better balanced. The first hour of story reminded me of Halo Reach a bit, it was just classy. Holy shit can Bungie make a good skybox. There are more vehicle sections in this one, which again gave me old-school Halo vibes. The music's not quite Marty-tier goodness, but it's never bad. Some of the D1 themes return in interesting ways.

I got through the story solo in I guess 14-15 hours? I took my time and was always about 20 levels higher than recommended, as it's structured in such a way that when you finish an activity you're very likely to have something cool happening nearby that ropes you in. I got distracted more than once, jumping into public events and other shenanigans which would have slowed my campaign progress. The "just one more" factor is strong here. I don't think the story is brilliant, but it's pretty good, and the storytelling is infinitely more cohesive than the mess of missions and grimoire cards that was Destiny 1. There's a lot of variety throughout the core story missions- you more or less take a grand tour of the solar system fairly quickly, then each location is fleshed out with adventures, quests and stuff after you face the big bad (which is a much cooler encounter than "kill this amorphous blob indirectly by killing the statues that just came to life").

It feels a bit "casual" compared to Destiny 1, but in a good way (I think). Loot flows like wine compared to D1, it's not quite Borderlands but it's not far off. When gear drops, it has all of its perks unlocked without any XP required. Likewise the slow XP progress to unlock subclass ability nodes is replaced with a simple "Finish this mission, get a skill point to spend" approach seen in many other games. I had all of the subclasses unlocked somewhere around the 60-70% story mark. Having set gear perks should go a long way to mitigating Vault space issues, if anything it seems Gear Mods are hogging up the space (I have 27 of 50 slots for these full already because I don't think you can actually use them until you're a certain level- will have to take a closer look). Interestingly, the Strike playlist and quite a lot of other stuff doesn't open up to you until you finish the initial campaign. There are still campaign missions after the credits roll so perhaps they'll lead into the Strikes like D1, I dunno. Haven't touched PvP yet.

The only bad thing I have to say at this point is the new shader system is fucking garbage, and there have been some teething problems with clan functionality. If those are the biggest issues, I reckon Bungie have done alright.

TL;DR: It's good! Keen to check out the raid when it drops, more impressions to follow.
Ambrose Burnside

Madmya wrote:
Weren't you vehemently against Microsoft using this exact model for the bone?
I laugh at people who choose to buy the more expensive and/or inferior versions of the same game. Like Resident Evil 7 on the Microsoft Store vs Steam. So in this case, I will laugh at the people who choose to buy direct on Battle.Net instead of JB (or another cheap source like Humble Bundle or whatever).

The argument you're referring to is the one that MS needs to cut that Resident Evil type shit out where they charge more than Steam, if they want to effectively compete on PC.

This is a different situation as the Battle.Net and retail versions of Destiny 2 both end up being activated in Battle.Net. It's not a situation where Valve get your money if you choose Steam but Microsoft get it if you decide spending more money for a worse product makes sense for some reason.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

No, I'm not referring to that and no I'm not going to shit up this thread by arguing this inane crap with you.

Sounds good Gamma, can't wait to rip into it. My mates are saying good things too. Obsolete must be neck deep in it too, interested to see what he has to say.
Ambrose Burnside

Yeah that's cool, I dunno what you mean then but yeah, that discussion has been done and dusted which is why I thought it was weird you'd bring it up again.
Ambrose Burnside

IGN have lowered their in-progress score from 8.7 to 8.2.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

From what I gather the campaign is around 8-10 hours and then you just grind the same areas over and over again. Doesn't seem like a lot has changed.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Bomba!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... f-original" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Code: Select all

[Week 36, 2017] 01 (NE) DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 175,000 / NEW

PS4 DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 101,500
XBO DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 73,500

Code: Select all

[Week 37, 2014] 01 (NE) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 417,000 / NEW

PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 192,000
XBO DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 150,000
360 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 58,000
PS3 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 17,000
Judging by the number of interested people here, not surprised. Many got burned on the first and taking a wait and see approach, that combined with far more options for people to play.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Holy shit...the Metacritic score for this game continues to plummet! :shock:

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:Holy shit...the Metacritic score for this game continues to plummet! :shock:

Same score as Splatoon then?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

NOPE!

Now it's official! :up:

Splatoon 2 is the SUPERIOR shooter to Destiny 2! 8)

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yet, one of those games will get a lot of my time.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Jasper wrote:NOPE!

Now it's official! :up:

Splatoon 2 is the SUPERIOR shooter to Destiny 2! 8)

Check again. It's official, Splatoon 2 is no better than. Destiny 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Lestat, you seem really determined to keep basing your opinion on Destiny 1 circa 2014. I've flogged the shite out of D2 for the last week, haven't done anything I would consider grinding, and still haven't seen all of the areas the game has to offer. It's not a FPS the size of WoW, but it's also not all over in 8 hours. You can't even set foot in a Strike before you've finished the campaign, and like The Taken King (that massive improvement to the original Destiny that you keep pretending never happened) that's not really the end anyway, and story missions continue post-campaign. Apparently there were 1.2 million concurrent players over the weekend, so I don't think Bungovision are too concerned about the (incidentally chart-topping) retail-only sales in the UK.

Landed the PS-exclusive exotic weapon the other day, and I'm not going to lie, it's actually pretty fucking good this time. It's not Gjallarhorn tier or anything, but it's shit that it's exclusive for a year. Perfect for this and last weeks Nightfalls. Man it's going to be hard for the PC crowd to dodge spoilers, I don't envy you in that regard. On the plus side you'll have a clear roadmap for power-levelling if you're that way inclined. Oh, and it turns out the clan rewards are actually really helpful. Squad up, boys.

Got a team ready to hit the new raid tomorrow, pumped.
:rock:

Jasper, please make a Splatoon 2 thread so everyone can go there to not care about it at all in the slightest.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

yeah i'm fucking over that idiot trashing almost every thread I enter... he's shitting all over the place.

I don't mind a bit of trolling here and there just jasper is fucking this place.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Are you out of your fucking mind? :shock:

You're bitching about me occasionally trolling? How about you visit the Nintendo thread and take a look at how many cunts troll the shit out of that thread on a DAILY basis with their habitual Nintendo bashing. :down:

At least I troll without needing any backup from other forum members. :roll:

The middle-aged geek squad including Candy Arse, t0mby, Hercy, Madmya, Megaman, guttercunt, flipswitch, PhoneMonkey, etc - all troll the Nintendo thread in groups and fight one another's battles (kinda like an online forum version of a real-life gang of lebanese muslim teens living in Punchbowl). :redface:

Bitching about one person trolling? Seriously...suck it up buttercup! :P