Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

PS+/GwG - Super quick wrap up thread

Post by Twiztid Elf »

So every month, I have a look at the PS+ and GwG games.
The quality is dropping to absolute shit.
Some games I close and delete within half an hour.
Some games I'll leave on my HD.
Some games I'll play a lot.
Some games I'll finish.

What made me create this thread?
Battlefield 1.........
O.M.F.G. - WHAT AN ABSOLUTE PILE OF FUCKING SHIT.
INSULTING AND OFFENSIVE. By the most disgusting video game company currently operating.

They had the fucking audacity to release this piece of fucking shit game at full price? smfh.
70 Gig download. Then that?
I just. Words escape me.
World War 1.
They insult us with this vile shit one week out from the 100 anniversary of armistice?

FUCK EA. I didn't think I could hate this company more.
BURN IN FUCKING HELL YOU CUNTS
MINUS 1MILLION/10
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: PS+/GwG - Super quick wrap up thread

Post by Madmya »

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Every time I see someone say "Fuck EA" I have a little laugh inside. Didn't even know BF1 was a free game, must be arse if they're giving it away this quickly. I'd rather have NFS Payback.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

EA and Acti-Blizzard deserve to be shouted at.

It has gotten to the point where people don't know if they are trolling us or being serious now. They are going to bring about the next videogame crash.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Games you care about you'll tend to buy them day 1, I enjoy battlefield games, So your complaints don't resonate with me, but they got you try something you never gave 2 shits about.

All this demonstrates is that ps1/gwg is just being used as a promotional ground to get people to try new games, try the last version in hope you'll enjoy it enough to buy DLC or their new released iteration.

This is why I plan to discontinue my plus sub because I never play online, gold unfortunately because MS has online games I need it, even though gamepass has surpassed it.

Check out humble monthly, a better take on the free games a month idea with no strings attached, i.e. you keep them forever once you cancel your sub.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

lestat wrote:All this demonstrates is that ps1/gwg is just being used as a promotional ground to get people to try new games, try the last version in hope you'll enjoy it enough to buy DLC or their new released iteration.
Yeah agreed. Obviously Call of Duty has a very successful game out right now, and giving away Battlefield 1 for free is a great way to get people to play their game instead.

As a gamer I think it's a win.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I got an idea for poor people:

They should have a system where EA pays you to play their games, and in exchange you have to stream your games and act as an ad for the game by promoting it.

I reckon this is a model capcom should do with Monster Hunter:
There are already tons of monster hunter fans out there. The thing they should do is offer to let you play online for free, but in exchange you are promoting the game to others while playing it, to encourage people to try it out.
So you are paying for your online time by playing capcom's game and also providing a healthy online community for noobs to play with others instead of the online community drying up simply because of the barrier to entry which we all know is the need to pay for online.
When Fortnight made the nightly news you knew kids were playing it because it was free. That is what companies like Capcom are up against for online attention.

Poor guys are a huge group consisting of kids and you want as many people playing your game, streaming to youtube, and becoming the word of mouth ad that sells more copies of the game. The problem is you still need to pay for online gaming. Kids don't have jobs so they rely on parents for money. To get the poor kids who are playing Fortnight (these guys have way more free time than money) you need to figure out a way to give them access to play online to boost the total number of people playing it. PC already has free online.
All capcom have to do is pay the bill, make sure the people locked into the contract are not playing other online games, and they can tap into the high userbase of poor people that are too busy playing the free to play games to look at the paid ones.
If people are playing competitors games, they are not playing yours. Locking people into a contract IE "you must stream X amount of hours of you playing our game for us to pay for your online game sub" would be a way to buy advertising only the difference is the ad are the fans playing your game not an ad agency telling people through pop-ups to go play a game. Since fans already have a deep knowledge of your game, you can rely on them to give more informative information to new players who are still learning about the games.

EA once paid people to play their games. And it sounded crazy. But with how many online games there are now, it doesn't sound too crazy to use the devoted player to you advantage by signing them up as promoters and locking them up into contracts so that they focus all their time only on your games exclusively. If I were a noob I want a seasoned veteren to tell me about a game not a pop up ad. Why not pay the fans online sub to encourage them to be trainers to new players so that the fanbase grows? It makes sense to me.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Hello Neighbour was one of the worst games I've ever played, fuck you live for giving it to me for free. I wanted to smash the TV. Click the pick up item button over 60 times once before it picked up the item lol

Your hatred of Battlefield 1 though is more a personal preference then them giving us shite games. A lot would enjoy that for free.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

The OP makes no sense.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Battlefield is teh suk.
What's hard to understand?

GwG games are not free either.
The last good 360 game was Vanquish in May.
The last good XBO game was FH2 in August and before that MGSV in May.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Have you got a One X yet?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

No.
I acknowledge it is a fantastic piece of kit.
But beyond Forza Horizon 4, there is literally nothing I'd want to play on it.
(I don't have a PS4 Pro either).
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yakuza Kiwami & Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition are the free PS4 games this month. Also Runabout, which I'm not sure if it's some PS3 game running on PS4 or a new addition to the franchise. You might remember that Xbox launch title Wreckless - The Yakuza Mission, it's basically that.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Twiztid Elf wrote:No.
I acknowledge it is a fantastic piece of kit.
But beyond Forza Horizon 4, there is literally nothing I'd want to play on it.
(I don't have a PS4 Pro either).
Like I said to people in other threads: content drives sales. MS need to listen to jasper about exclusives now that he is finally married (on a secret island) to candy arse and they are on their honey moon.

Minecraft and that sea of thieves game isn't enough. They need to copy sony's strategy of locking down hardcore franchises. (ie street fighter V being an example...yes yes I know it doesn't get as much respect as 4 but the point is: content content content)

"Sequel to Dragon's Dogma exclusive to Xbox One. Timed exclusive for XB One with eventual PC release later. "
They give them a moneyhat, and capcom fans have excuse to buy xbox to play it. (with way better graphics and way better open world than the original)

Xbox of the past was also the native home of the elder scrolls games too. (PS3 ports were bad and half assed because of how hard it was to code for that platform)
What they need to do is regain that power of being the lead platform for third party developers again which they enjoyed from the past. It was good for them to rebrand themselves as kids console during the wii days, but they have to adapt to changing attitudes. The waggle fad is dead, 3D isn't all that, and VR doesn't seem that big a fad to sony) By next gen they have to have a number of exclusives on the level of Soul Calibur on Dreamcast. (ie really polished masterpiece for the tech heads created by an established third party veteren game company but the game is not on other systems and is also deep enough to keep you interested playing long enough to not be seen as a mere tech demo. Not bashing Ryse Son of Rome but it's not a Bayonetta replacement lol)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Watching some BFV streams this morning, the game looks amazing, seems the extra month fixed most of the beta issues and feedback from early players confirms the gunplay is excellent, something BF1 never got right imo.

The only issue is content, although the maps are huge and look amazingly detailed with lots of destruction, there are only 8 of them, but with no season pass we'll get a steady stream of new maps to play over the next several months.

I have it preordered on PC, looking forward to it. Blackops 4 still has too many annoying issues.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Waiting until release date, or do you have Origin Premiere/Basic?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I traded in xbox BLOPS4 towards it, so picking it up retail on release date. Although I am tempted to play it early on origin basic.

Good review from jackfrags.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Burly Men at Sea - Trash. Deleted.
Roundabout Simple indie game. I would say trash, but it has these bizarre FMV cut scenes. Left on the hard drive. Might go back to to piss around on sometime.
Bulletstorm Dumb and loud second rate FPS. Actually seems kind of fun and has that grappling hook thing which mixes it up. I was actually kind of enjoying it. Left on the hard drive for a rainy day.
Yakuza Kiwami Well, I quite liked Yakuza0, but I had had enough by the end of it. Nice pick up for PS+. Left on the hard drive for a rainy day.

Nice job again Sony. Two A games that I would definitely play if I had the time, or will if I find the time.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yakuza Kiwami is the shortest of them all, they certainly fleshed them out as the series went on. You could probably hammer it out over a good weekend.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Downloaded game ready nvidia drivers for BFV. I might end up getting it on origin.

Speaking of Origin, how do you guys back up digital PC games? I have only backed up my steam games, but not Origin and Windows Store because they don’t offer a built in feature. I ended up downloading my games.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

One thing I'll say about psplus is that's it made my vita purchase very worthwhile, getting lots of free vita games has been great over the years.

In contrast I look at the switch store and I see the same sort of quality titles but at stupid prices.

flip in terms of backing up games, I haven't bothered, most of these games require the service to still be active so I assume they'll be around till I lose total interest in this hobby, I have unlimited data so I just install stuff when I want.

I think if you want something detached from the drm/online services you need to source the cracked versions online to get around that.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Race the Sun? Really? An iOS style endless runner? lol.
This wasn't a feature game when it was PS+ a year or two back. It was one of the "and here's some extra bonus trash" games.
Trash.

Dante's Inferno
When the EA logo came up, I must admit I thought "Oh shit - here we go".
Wow. This is a pleasant surprise. Strong and enjoyable opening. Clearly a game that flew under my radar or got swamped by all the other good games last gen.
Nice animated scenes in the opening. Lots of fast, fun action. Nice early boss fight in the opening sequence. God of War/Bayonetta style action.
Whoa! Naked women. There is no way in hell you'd get away with this in 2018. How far our collapse has accelerated in 8 years on three fronts. 1) What is allowable as entertainment. 2) Decent, fun second tier games. 3) EA used to make fun games? What? It's like I can barely remember that.
Fun. Good stuff.

RIGHTEOUS FURY
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Next months GWG is pretty woeful.
With gamepass superseding GWG, it feels kinda redundant, I can play on xbox live for free on PC. They should just include online play with the gamepass sub imo.

Outside of MNR I don't play online enough on my xbox to justify it, I tend to play online more with my PC. Same goes with PS4, the plus sub is just for the free games, if it wasn't for those I wouldn't bother.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yeah I agree, they seem stuck between GwG and GamePass content. Wanting to nudge people on to GamePass as well I think they need to combine it, gold and game pass for like a couple of bucks more a month or just suck it up and add it into game pass, I'm not sure it makes a difference to them in the end anyway on the bottom line.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Another month of complete shit.
I think it's clear now that GwG is not a focus any more at all.

If there was no Forza Horizon 4 (which I definitely plan to return to), I would absolutely cancel my XBL subscription today. After what, 15 years of loyalty. gg Microsoft. smh.