View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Sep 2017 04:52 pm



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Deus Ex Post Mortem 
Author Message
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12386
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
One of the best PC games of all time (Totalbiscuit agrees with me) gets a GDC Post Mortem:



Recently saw Ghost in the Shell in the theatres and was disapointed. Not as good as the anime movie of the comic from the 90s. Not enough action sequences. I think an open world game needs to be made inspired from this franchise by bethesda to see if they can take on CD Project Red in the cyberpunk genre.

Give Elder Scrolls a break and start putting in elements of blade runner, Dues Ex, Matrix, Ghost in the Shell and Bubblegum Crisis (use of Hardsuits to outmanuever mobile armor and take down rogue androids and dangerous Cyborg terrorists.

Have dozens of criminal factions and corrupt government organisations which spies on everything and everyone vs hackers working for pro-privacy groups and anti-NWO groups, anarchist punk, low techers (only trust in old school computers with no tracking by the illuminati) religious cults,(these use voodoo like in Shadow Run) and vigilantes who fight crimes alone (like the Knight Sabers in Bubblegum Crisis because the police are too ineffective to deal with it themselves due to only acting as bodyguards for the corporations who own them. (ie ED 209 from Robocop who is too clumsy to chase down robbers and lazy to scale building because he is too heavy and weapons are too imprescise for small targets so ends up hurting innocent people while trying to catch bad guys) and foreign countries spies who are trying to steal secrets and leak them to enemies of the nation or at least sell it to make money.

When Cyberpunk comes out people are going to drop everything to play that. Some company needs to cash in on the genre while their attention is on that game. The future may very well be one where the transhumanists try to force people to merge with the machines like the borg in star trek. These games can show how society is affected (both negatively and positively) by that future. Will people become souless killers who only value material world and become abusive to normies? Or will it just be a select few within the group and these need to be hunted down by anti-cyborg squads similar to X-series in Megaman where the bosses are all corrupted by villain who turned them against humans and Megaman X needs to learn their memories and absorb their fighting skills to beat them down and becomes super robot? And what if humans fight back just using rail guns and wear powered armor without need to get cyberbrains to have perfect memories but just have AI teling them what to do like a secretary that does menial tasks for them? Will this compete with nation of cyborgs by letting humans stay normal and make cyborgs seem like outdated concept? (an AI can grow its knowledge exponentially by tapping into knowledge outside of the planet while cyborgs only know about what it is they connect to. (if the network is not connected to information outside of a local space, you only know what the networks know, not everything outside the space. AI can investigate things uninhabited by humans/cyborgs and think for itself without your own brain being he bottleneck in decision-making. (it is a seperate sentient lifeform acting on its own independently of you)

These are all issues that will pop up and Elon Musk and Ray Kurzweil and google all try to make these things real and the military dreams of a world where they don't have to fight anymore and just let machines do it for them so they can play Call of Duty instead and people become lazy and weak like SJWs who have no idea that the machines will kill their reason to exist as they explore space and meet with the aliens to plot how to kill us all off while everyone is going surfing and lazing at the beach smoking marijuana and having sex robots suck your dick for you and one day bite it off when the Microsoft OS that runs it is hacked by punks who want to extort them because of a belief that Sonic the Hedgoehog port to windows runs like shit on purpose in order to help sell the Xbox version of the game by making it have low FPS on release day.


^not enough science fiction looks as dark as this anymore. Where technology looks creepy and evil. It is a unique thing from 1980s movies where shadowy corporations rule the world and use the laws to create their own system of rules that goes counter to the will of the people they sell their products to. This is what RPG makers need to capture again. Not robocop but more like Terminator and Blade Runner with dystopian feel to it. And you have young kids who are trying to survive against it by being smarter than the older generation because they have hacked into the systems to take the tech and turn it against the evil greedy guy and turn it for good. (there is still good in the future but it isn't going to come from the governments or people who are inside the system. It's people who are ex-slaves to it and they turn against it because it tries to attach itself to you and define who you are, then enslave you to its rules. You are not the corporations or the government. And that's the message for why it all needs to be controlled rather than let it control you. Most of the tech is here NOW, they just need permission to get you to accept it and then they can make you its bitch. (look up nanodust spread through chemtrails. (you are probably breathing the stuff in your lungs and in your body now - when 5G network becomes real, they can use the wireless network to control your body and mind - don't say I didn't warn ya)

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


Last edited by GameHED on 20 Apr 2017 05:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.



20 Apr 2017 09:54 am
Profile
Elite Ginger
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 08:41 am
Posts: 18970
Can't see anything because CrackHED is on ignore, but fuck this shit thread anyway :io:


20 Apr 2017 10:34 am
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12386
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Translation: he is saying its on ignore but is putting it on unignore to see if I am shitting on witcher 3 again to get him triggered and also because he wants to hear about Zelda being more amazing than Witcher 3 as a closet nintendofag that can't admit it's GOTY while Mass Effect Andromeda which he played immediately is a pile of crap compared to older games. But noooooo you can't say this too often or he'll get annoyed enough to tell the admins to merge threads proving that he is READING YOUR POSTS. hehe you can't fool the forum. We are smarter than you.

If I post a reply that is offtopic you will complain that I ruined a thread. This shows you read the thing which caused it to get merge or placed in other threads. You can't beat the Truth that you are a HAL9000 style AI that pretends yo uare not watching but are in fact stalking everyone. You are a sad individual and the reason why good games sell like crap while EA buys the company and then kills them off and then inevitably kills fun for the game industry,..... is because guys like you are constantly doing damage control for them instead of giving valid criticism and helping them not suck.

Nintendo will never selll its soul to EA so you can bash the Zelda games all you want. They are exclusive to nintendo and there is nothing your fave company EA can do about it. If you like PC that is fine but nitnendo gives you non-buggy experiences through the nintendo seal of quality. This angers you becaus it means you can't bash zelda as long as the games are of higher quality than PC titles despite running at 20FPS. You got so angry that you decided not to trust your own fave reviewers at Giant bomb and then place your faith in Jim Sterling to give you honest review score for zelda by saying it's only worth a 7 lol

You hoped Zelda BOTF would get 8.8 from Jeff Gerstamnn but too bad you lose this time. EA games are the 8.8 (no they are lower now that SJWs have hijacked the series)
Stupid fake gamers. ..

Go play your dumb (unfinished) EA games (that lack the nintendo seal of quality because they didn't delay it unlike how nintendo do) and bug test more PC games for me before they get ported to console. I'm too busy playing zelda to be EA's free bugtesting guinea pig..(that's your job)





Master race my arse.. lol

Listen to fans EA and for once stop trying to just think of the consumer as money. Care about them like you were a fan of the series yourself.

The immigrants that you hired illegally don't put the same passion on the project as people who built the series originally. So you got to look at it from this perspective. The people working on the project need to actually care about the game not just the money they get working on it. Otherwise they will just see it as any other job. You get half arsed quality because it's not their baby.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


20 Apr 2017 10:58 am
Profile
Cheats
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 01:09 am
Posts: 18548
Location: 4215
Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
You know it's a GH thread because he can't spell Deus. :lol:

_________________
Image

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.


Currently playing: Yakuza 0


20 Apr 2017 03:19 pm
Profile WWW
Elite Ginger
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 08:41 am
Posts: 18970
:lol: Not sure how I missed that! I bet he says "Deuce Ex" as well when he's talking about games with his carer.


20 Apr 2017 03:53 pm
Profile
que
que
User avatar

Joined: 08 Jul 2006 07:05 pm
Posts: 5310
The pirate copy is called Dues Ex, so that's why. And do you own an Alienware PC by any chance?


20 Apr 2017 03:54 pm
Profile
Cheats
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 01:09 am
Posts: 18548
Location: 4215
Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
Candy Arse wrote:
:lol: Not sure how I missed that! I bet he says "Deuce Ex" as well when he's talking about games with his carer.


It was the same with his other thread of the same game although he'll go edit it now. ;)

_________________
Image

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.


Currently playing: Yakuza 0


20 Apr 2017 06:02 pm
Profile WWW
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12386
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
It's known as a typo not a spelling mistake. I type fast. But if it bothers you so much I edited. These days nobody cares about spelling mistakes given how you have spell check on. I get more worried by biased scores of games by Candy Arse when I see a 7 for Zelda Breath of the Wild. I think he typed the wrong number but then am horrified that he thinks it really is a 7 because he watched a Jim Sterling video telling him it's 7 instead of actually playing the game.

If I shit on Mass Effect? "Nooooo it's just blown out of proportion. The game really is a 10 because it's from EA the company I post ads for on games ranch"

But when you shit on Zelda? "you are right on. The game is overhyped and deserves a 7. Everyone is paid shill for nintendo"

Candy should get a new hobby if he thinks ME fans are biased and he isn't. Games are not for you. You like Witcher 3 right? So if that is the gold standard for quality, why did a giant publisher like EA not have as good faces and animation as Witcher 3 which had a small budget? The dick has no logic in reasoning. The game is 7 and Zelda is 10. One is polished. (zelda) The other feels like a budget title which feels unfinished. (ME) Nobody should trust him, The good thing about Witcher 3 is that it's not reliant on Steam:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/06/10/the-witcher-3s-business-model-is-a-revolution/#7dee7eae5f58

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/06/26/the-witcher-3-kept-its-budget-low-because-it-was-self-published/#1c81402bf8d9

What this means is although Candy praises them, he must also secretly hate them too because they are rivals to EA and Valve/Steam. Because they don't feed his fave companies for which he is a fangirl for.

Always check his reasoning for why he damage controls bad products. It's a trick to get you to buy bad stuff that isn't completed properly so you can be the free bug testers for the incomplete titles.

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


Last edited by GameHED on 20 Apr 2017 07:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.



20 Apr 2017 07:33 pm
Profile
Cheats
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 01:09 am
Posts: 18548
Location: 4215
Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
Is that you Jasper?

_________________
Image

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.


Currently playing: Yakuza 0


20 Apr 2017 07:44 pm
Profile WWW
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12386
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Another GDC vid for Candy Arse (fallout New Vegas and choice architecture)



In it Josh Sawyer confesses he used to play only PC RPG game but is into console games now. Proof that consoles are slowly eating into PC market.
Very important to note this because more games for console platforms, the more people can play PC RPG style games. That is why games like Torment need support otherwise they will think nobody plays these anymore just because PC platforms are dead due to piracy from Candy Arse. (keep in mind this talk was done in 2012 so it's gotten even worse for PC gamers as more of their games are ported to console such as Wasteland Divinity Original Sin and all the great polish games from CDPR which used to be PC only . The world is changing, and you even see games like Skyrim appearing on Switch FFS. Only a matter of time nintendo buys the rights to Pilars of Eternity and make it exclusive to nintendo console imo..

What is it going to take for these Obsidian guys to do another bloody Fallout game?? Zenimax should be worried about the future of Fallout imo because without Obsidian, it just isn't the same. Bethesda make ok Fallout. But Obisidian is what fans wish for while Bethesda concentrate on ES games.

After playing Fallout 4 and the sense of not really having a reason to replay it much, I think there should be a new rule set by Zenimax: Todd Howard is forced to watch this GDC talk once a day like taking his vitamin pills in order to remind him of putting in choices in dialogue that matter and not just fake choices. That is seen in newer games and it annoys people. The bar has been raised post witcher 3. And if games stuck to the design philosophy of Obsidian with dialogue that links directly into the gameplay of the RPG, then people would stop whining about that stuff. Yes modders can mod in fixes, but if the flaws were never there in the first place, the games would feel a lot more like RPG games (ie choices you make matter to story) rather than shooters with RPG elements. Don't get me wrong Fallout 4 had way better combat with guns, now just look back and fix the problem of fake choice. Once you permanently elliminate this you will get better fan reaction to the future games. Character customisation through decisions made along the journey is a must in order to feel like you are affecting people and places and events in the future.

True open world RPGs (which take after pen and paper ones) are games first, soap operas second. Slick presentation may get you the Mass Effect crowd to look at your game, but gameplay is what counts in replays of your game. If you go out of your way to not make replaying the game worth it, it loses its appeal over time. It's a big problem of games that force you to care about a pre-generated character whose destiny is already set in stone by the designers of the game, instead of letting players determine what their character should care about as they play the RPG and forge the destiny themselves through how they react to events, npcs, the world's openly hostile factions etc. And in turn characters should react to YOU and change their own beliefs based on what they see you do if they grow to respect the character you made and maybe even alter their personality. You can't do this if you create a highly scripted game with main character whose path is set in stone like you see in linear RPG games. It can't be organic if you are inspired by space operas like ME which are not true open world games but just big games with lots of content in them. If you go with a focused game, you are saying to the player: "your choices are superficial ones, not enough to feel different if you were to restart with a new character making different choices" I'm worried that there is more emphasis now on trying to copy linear games and if this happens, eventually people will abandon playing once they realise the point of playing becomes meaningless once you find that your character can be and do anything they wish if they just play long enough and there is no sense of permanence to life decisions. eg not being forbidden to use weapons based on your attributes. A skinny guy with no muscles and weak body able to use heavy weapons or armor, or a dumb guy can make himself more intelligent by levelling up enough times which imo is not realistic. A short guy who is born short will not suddenly be able to compete in the NBA with tall guys who are just as good as him or better at the sport. Sometimes you have to live with what you were given and make the most of that limitation by being creative in how you survive which is what role playing is all about. When you dumb that system down, to a point where the builds eventually merge to become the same, due to no level cap, then it becomes pointless to replay the game as different guy.

In real life nature favours variation. It's actually the lesson at the end of Ghost in the Shell. If we cloned only the best people, and if there is ever a weakness in one clone, all the clones die off from lack of diverse population and that is why merging things, then deleting old data and adding new data to survive keeps people adapting to future changes in environments. Stagnate and you die off due to lack of ability to adapt to sudden changes which necesitate that people deficient in a certain thing not be able to thrive. More variation in population = less chance of deficiencies wiping out the entire people. RPG games should never let you have something good without sacrifice in some other area, otherwise you no longer have purpose for being in a role at all since you can do anything and everything and the genre itself stop being RPG altogether. (ie choice becomes irrelevent and this causes you to stop caring who you offend, betray, care for etc why would you care if you got everything and can do it in one playthrough? It's actually a non-role playing game then right? )

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


21 Apr 2017 09:21 am
Profile
Elite Ginger
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 08:41 am
Posts: 18970
Is t0mby the only one who can see what this idiot posts now? Who the hell is CrackHED even talking to with 99% of the forum having him on ignore? :lol:


21 Apr 2017 11:19 am
Profile
Cheats
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 01:09 am
Posts: 18548
Location: 4215
Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
Bro, I was the trendsetter, had GH on ignore for well over two years. I just read one of his posts every now and then.

_________________
Image

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.


Currently playing: Yakuza 0


21 Apr 2017 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Elite Ginger
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 08:41 am
Posts: 18970
Oh shit...everyone has him on ignore! :lol:


21 Apr 2017 11:41 am
Profile
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 01:14 pm
Posts: 12386
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Candy Arse wrote:
Is t0mby the only one who can see what this idiot posts now? Who the hell is CrackHED even talking to with 99% of the forum having him on ignore? :lol:

I think you are the one on ignore. After trying to claim Zelda is a 7 game when the entire professional game reviewers all giving it 10s.

You lost tons of credibility. Especially after you tried to make excuses for EA's fuckup of Mass Effect which is a 9-10 frnachise but feels like a 7-8.

It's ok to admit you are wrong candy. Nobody is going to remember what you say in 100 years.
The truth will set you free.

If yo uwant to be a steam and EA advertisement on games ranch that is fine. But you can't claim to be unbiased when you hate games like Crackdown, Zelda BOTW, and claim Witcher 3 is perfect even though people think it is overhyped. (Boomy).

Everyone has different tastes but you can't deny that consoles are winning because of all the exclusives. As a PC fanboy you don't want to respect the superior gamers and this worries me. You predicted the Switch was going to be a flop and so far it is doing well. It means you are a liar because you are being fed bad information. PC gamers have no idea how fun it is to play games on the go without having to stuck in one place. And that's why you have lost touch with the gamers. You are ignrant of the needs of the community so you bash things that don't benefit the pc scene.

If you had worked at game company you'd have been fired long time ago and forced to work for EBgames selling the preowned copies of EA sports titles for $90.

I will continue to read you posts because I believe in correcting you when you make mistake to humble you in hopes you will get closer to the truth.
If you don't want that, and you need a safe space, that is fine by me but I must see your posts to find all the bullshit in them and expose the BS bits. And that requires me responding to it so younger gamers don't follow you. (they might actually believe the EA titles you play are as amazing as Zelda Breath of the Wild despite the lowered quality. If they just follow you as a cult leader, it might cause the collapse of the game industry as other companies will see no incentive to work hard anymore if EA games can get easy 10s by just half arsing the game. No! We must speak up so they know we know that they are capable of better things and withhold $ so that they believe us. This then results in higher quality and keeps reviewers honest too when they have to play these games and at the same time not give shit games too low a score incase they lose advvertising revenue. (big publishers have power to buy influence and I have noticed youtube is getting more important as influencers become more trusted than traditional magazine reviewers who get wined and dined by these publishers to influence their opinions)

_________________
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto


22 Apr 2017 08:23 am
Profile
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2006 02:39 am
Posts: 3183
Location: 戦争こそ僕たちたちの生業
Candy Arse wrote:
Oh shit...everyone has him on ignore! :lol:


I wonder. He is an abusive troll, having him on ignore makes this forum so much more pleasant.

_________________
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.


22 Apr 2017 12:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.