Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Interesting stats about gaming

Post by GameHED »

Most gamers prefer console platforms:
This proves once and for all that I was telling the truth. People want decent graphics, at an affordable cost, on closed platform. So consoles won't be going extinct anytime soon. Remember when people said 'this could be the last console gen before mobiles take over as gaming machines due to how outdated the graphics are'? Well you were all full of shit. Mobiles still have shit controls just as I and totalbiscuit told you and pc has the power for those with small dicks who feel they need to compensate for lack of testosterone and need a 1000 fps to shoot straight because they have crap skill.

Why is all this important? Because I don't want to play games on open systems only, or game developers to go to mobiles. Mobiles have shit controls, and PC isn't really doing anything a console can't do (most of it is cosmetic and not gameplay-re-defining) other than illegal shit.

The thing developers need to understand is that hardcore gamers play on ALL platforms. They don't discriminate based on hardware. Since hardcore gamers buy more total games than casuals, we demand quality. But casuals outnumber hardcore, so they can be used to generate easy money because you can make cheap shit that sells well which can let you profit and then you can use this to fund bigger triple A stuff on hardcore machines. Bottom line: Consoles are where the lion's share of your games should be released on because consoles are slowly becoming more pc-like. A lot of people who play pc games are just playing games that do not require amazing specs. That's why Witcher 3 got downgraded for console peasants to rake in the biggest $. It's a symbiotic relationship. The peasants are like the Gungans in Star Wars ep1 who have to help the Naboo humans. The Humans help the Gungans because they got fighters to go off planet to dogfight. Without the shield tech, the humans are easy pickings. Without space support the gungans can't attack outside thier homeland.

The pc needs the console peasant since nobody upgrades and developers can make more money on platform that stuck with same specs (less hassle to balance details in game while giving stable framerates through the entire thing because it is only one platform with minor variation) if you want big budget titles. The console peasant needs pc to get ports of edgy experimental shit that is cheaper/less risky to do on pc due to it having less restrictions. (not as many hoops to jump through due to hardware manufacturer redtape holding you back) If one dies they all feel the effect.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: Interesting stats about gaming

Post by guttermouth »

I see no stats......is this thread broken??
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

GameHED wrote: The thing developers need to understand is that hardcore gamers play on ALL platforms. They don't discriminate based on hardware. Since hardcore gamers buy more total games than casuals, we demand quality.
So you're saying you are a hardcore gamer now?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:
GameHED wrote: The thing developers need to understand is that hardcore gamers play on ALL platforms. They don't discriminate based on hardware. Since hardcore gamers buy more total games than casuals, we demand quality.
According to that I'm not hardcore anymore but I already knew that.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

You are Normcore... so much hotter :D
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

flipswitch wrote:
I play on all the platforms. The best platforms for instance for fighting games is console because it offers most of what you get with pc but on stable system. This is why games like SF4 on console are considered the tournament edition of the game not the pc version. Candy does not like that.

It explains why underpowered machines with shit graphics get triple A franchises like Witcher 3 because at the end of the day you can make more money by going for the peasant machines first and then doing port for pc later. (similar to GTA5. Rake in the cash from the peasant machines first, then do a polished port to pc later to appease angry pirates who believe the future of the game industry is everyone working for free or in a third world shithole where they may die of rare disease or get killed because the greedy globalists can avoid high tax)

If you keep gaming affordable and accessible to as many people as possible the console platforms can continue to live on. The key is to have a budget gateway machines for the poor guys so they can play games that do not need the latest hardware to enjoy. Eg most of the games nintendo makes are in the gameplay and they use the minimalistic graphics style of plain textures over realism. Why then should they have to make hardware as hi tech as the other guys if all you are going to do is play monster hunter or mario or mario kart on it? Games that are ok without the bleeding edge tech? Being underpowered also means more poeple can afford it.

If you want to know the reason switch sells well its because of the games being the driving force to get it not the specs of the machine. I still remember when you guys all thought the nintendo DS was going to flop but it ended up creating the touchscreen fad which sony eventually standardised with Vita by making it have touchscreen. (more buttons would have been preferable as we see on the switch.

To me Switch plugs the gap Vita left between home console and handheld. The older handhelds missing the extra buttons always meant you were crippled a bit with controls for some games. Eg in FPS the tiny thumb sticks meant the aiming wasn't as good as home console controllers. Switch solves this.
The other thing is less shoulder buttons means they have to be assigned to shitty touch pad which isn't as good. Switch gives us proper home console buttons.

Remember when PS2 dominated against gamecube and Xbox? (also killing dreamcast) It was mostly for the exclusive titles and the sheer volume of third parties not the specs of the machine. As long as the gungans live the master race gets to feed off them like parasites by getting ports of the console gamers franchises. It's a symbiotic (more parasitic now) relationship as I have always said in the beginning.

Nintendo on the other hand do not need to parasite off pc. They can survive without ports of pc titles to Switch mostly because people already have pc so they care about the exclusive games being good. Consoles won't die unless the games themselves end up sucking. Although you may WANT console to die, as long as nintendo exist, I think that is wishful thinking as they make consistently good titles so we'll never see a repeat of the atari days where games are rushed to market and it ends up collapsing the industry unless Apple own the entire thing. (americans have no honor - they'd rather buy out the competition and then destroy what they just bought than work hard to compete as rivals against it. EA is perfect example here. If nintendo had the star wars license we could have had a new Rogue Squadron game instead of the generic shit they make to cash in on the name. :P )
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Most people haven't heard about the only thing happening hardware-wise in console gaming...
..You say its not dead, eh?

Getting old crackhed; post video, conclude unrelated video proves something, go on to defend points no one is disputing and punctuate it all with a sentence about me or candy. No one even bats an eye lid anymore. "Oh there's the crazy guy" and we all carry on.

You may accept your street fighter money match, whenever suits. :nana:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Most gamers prefer Console.

That's important to Candy. It's important to developers. And it's important to those deciding whether to keep buying console platforms even though PC is superior in hardware.

Stop trying to downplay the importantce of the console peasants. You guys have all lost touch with the people on the streets. You think that coming to this board and being an echo chamber of people that just agree with each other is proof of who is right. Me on the other hand know the bullshit. And when you point out the BS it helps newer people who want to make wise decisions choose what to buy.
If say 3DS was a failure, more people would have bought a Vita because it is superior in hardware just like PC is superior in hardware to console. But console is stil here. It's because the peasants outnumber the PC elitists.

And it explain why console despite being underpowered (while mobiles grow in power) still exist. ie the better controls and content on the consoles.

Majority buy systems based on the games on them not the other way around. And although Candy is hoping nintendo go the way of sega, it is wishful thinking since nintendo isn't rushing to overtake the other two in specs. The other two are not game-only companies and have other divisions. Whereas nintendo focus on the games. No need to add in videoplayers or make it the set top box. What this means is they are not trying too hard to sell you other things you won't ever need or use. (the other two do that)

A lot of the people here do not play game in enough depth to understand why people buy games so I don't really respect them to agree with their opinions. will listen to them, but they need to correct themselves when they are shown to be wrong or they will keep making the same assumptions about things. Why for instance did the Xbox One fail? It wasn't lack of content but the way it was presented as more a set top box for watching TV more than a gaming machine. These things are important.
Nintendo on the other hand release a underpowered machine, and it sells good. Because the games are high quality, polished, and they have fanbases. Saying one is going to fail based on having low specs and low power is oversimplification and we need to remember the content is what drives interest in platforms. It's why I was pissed scalebound was cancelled as I thought that was the most interesting game in the MS exclusives list.

Boomy if you want to be good at street fighter you need to spar with people at your level. Enter local tournament and do not play online with candy arse because you can't see him. Since Candy doesn't post his picture, when a random guy on the internet challenges him to a SF meet up, Candy can just send someone else who is not him (he can just hire a pro) to appear at the meet up to pretend he is Candy Arse. This is why you don't talk to anonymous strangers online. Go local. This way when they cheat you keep the cheeky buggers within arms length. You must learn the demonic tricks of Candy Arse as he is a fake and if you don't expose him he can fool many people into following him like a cult leader.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I think adults (elsecially men) like gaming on PCs best.

Consoles are for kids and girls.
-------------------------------------