Back catalogue thread

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Yoshi Sonic

Re: Back catalogue thread

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

I've had a lot of false starts but I really would like to play Majora's Mask all the way through sometime.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

unfnknblvbl wrote:Far Cry 3 is unbelievably good. You need to get on that, stat.
Wow, it really is unbelievably good. I'm up for Far Cry 5 despite not having played a Far Cry since Crytek's original. Was tossing between FC2 and FC3 as a precursor. Despite finding the Africa backdrop more appealing I couldn't not start with FC3 due to critical acclaim, crafting and the other stuff that makes up Far Cry today. Why only four dingo skins make me a big wallet vs all the other skins in my sack is stupid but as a game it really works. Everything about it really works. Not that I'm surprised as I remember how lubricated everyone was back when it released.

Oh and I've knocked off Binary Domain and Wolfenstein from the OP list in between Crysis and Crysis Warhead.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Finally started playing Mad Max......what a great game
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I've taken the first dangerous steps toward forming that habit where you buy digital games that are on sale because they're so cheap. A small taste of the hell you Steam users go through on the reg.

My goal at this point is to finish the games I bought last year before buying anything else this year. Nothing on my radar right now so hoping it goes smoothly.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

It won’t. :up:
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Yep. I don't even game anymore because my back catalogue became so overwhelming.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

My back catalogue is still crazy but I've gotten better at playing games when I get them ... So it probably hasn't gotten much bigger, but it hasn't gone down.

And I'm not including all the freebies I pick up through Humble Bundle and other promotions.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Just don't have a social life. That is the key to winning games fast. Unless the game is designed around social side. (ie multi co-op modes)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I gave up on the idea of ever getting onto my last and previous gen backlogs and sold them on eBay. A lot were still shrinkwrapped so I did quite well. Used the proceeds to buy a PS4 and within a week or so have now developed a backlog of 10+ PS4 games I am totally going to get around to playing one day.
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

Picked up Yakuza Kiwami during the sale. This has finally motivated me to play through Yakuza 0. Enjoying Yakuza 0, but the pacing is glacially slow.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]
flipswitch
que
que

Back catalogue thread

Post by flipswitch »

Since upgrading, bought Watch Dogs 2 and Mafia 3 again. I previously bought them but got refunded because I wasn’t happy with the performance I was getting. Now it’s just 60fps maxed out.

EB had them for $19.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Replica wrote:Picked up Yakuza Kiwami during the sale. This has finally motivated me to play through Yakuza 0. Enjoying Yakuza 0, but the pacing is glacially slow.
I thought the pacing in Zero was great apart from that pop idol chapter, but then I was distracted by doing heaps of side missions.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Back catalogue thread

52 hours I’ve put into Farcry 3 according to Steam and I still can’t wait for the next session. Zero fatigue. I was going to skip 4 en route to 5 but those plans will need to be revised.

FC3 is being rereleased this year so I can even put it on my ‘18 GOTY list.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:It won’t. :up:
*buys MHW*
:lol: :suicide:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Chipping away at the back catalogue with starts to XCOM Enemy Unknown and now Batman Arkham City. I generally prefer the psychology of doing one game at a time and finishing before going onto next. In the interest of playing more games I'm trying running different genres concurrently. A strategy game alongside an action game with the usual GaaS job maintenance.

Arkham City is fantastic. Still gorgeous and wow is it amazing to play. One thing I can't return to is controllers though. I use controllers for driving games. That's it. Even though a controller is better in many ways for Arkham City I'll perist with kbam because I can't not have mouse control for a game camera anymore. Right stick camera control is just too vague and sluggish.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I've got a bit of a backlog which I've got through a few of this Christmas/New year but it means I haven't had much time to keep at Lost Judgment, Forza Horizon 5 etc so I'm started to build up a new backlog ffs.

Have started Nioh 2 this week, I'm enjoying it as I've had enough time away from this sort of game now that I'm not already like over it in a few hours as a slog. It seems.. a lot easier than the first? I seem to be making more progress earlier but also it doesn't seem as repetitive in the environments which I think is breaking it up a bit. So maybe it won't be the huge time sink I thought it was going to be freeing me up to get into the rest of the games I need to catch up on.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!