Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Re: Scorpio / Xbox One X

Post by jizzlobber »

damned if they do, damned if they don't.

"Fuck You MS, give us PC ports"
ok here you go, play on xbox or PC with a single purchase.
"LOL, XB1 doesn't have any exclusives!"
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Who has ever demanded PC ports on Xbone?
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

More like "OK here you go, terrible PC ports of games that costs more than it would on Steam"
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

jizzlobber wrote:damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Yeah I don't get the console gamer mentality here.

It's like gamers want the consumer unfriendly version of their games, they want their purchases to be forever tied to a single system with no preservation.

I applaud MS for taking this approach, it never made sense to starve one of their platforms of software to "force" people into buying hardware they'll hardly use.

Console makers need people to be buying lots of third party software to make money, buying exclusives and only playing a handful of games doesn't really make the platform holder all that much money, especially if they've sold hardware at a loss.

MS's neglect too of the PC has enabled platforms like steam to rise, creating the possibility of moving the underlying OS to something different(SteamOS), yes SteamOS failed to gain traction but it doesn't change the fact that the threat exists. Windows as a gaming platform also faces competition from android/iOS.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Candy Arse wrote:More like "OK here you go, terrible PC ports of games that costs more than it would on Steam"
Yep. It's one of Microsoft's many great ideas that's arse in practice. Even taking into account the two people in the world who jump between Xbox and PC to play the same game and appreciate that feature, the ports are terrible and the prices are laughable.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Gears 4 is an excellent port and Horizon 3 got some great updates that delivered amazing performance. The PC builds early on were rough largely due to teething issues with DX12, but they're much better now. Even Quantum Break runs really good now thanks to the improvements creators update made and NVidia's better DX12 driver.

Store pricing matches the console prices, because of cross buy, the pricing needs to be equal I guess.
Ambrose Burnside

And how many people would take advantage of that feature to make the price difference worthwhile?

I bet it's a cool feature nobody (or at least not enough people) actually uses. I just can't imagine a scenario where it would be useful. Maybe if you have an Xbox but plan on buying a decent PC at some point down the track? Or if it has local multiplayer so you bust out the Xbox version for that (if the PC is in the study).
Ambrose Burnside wrote:The things Microsoft do well are either things no one cares about or they somehow manage to stuff up.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

"Hey cool I can play the shitty XBONE version of this game at 1/3 the resolution and 1/2 the framerate! Thanks M$!"

...said no one ever :lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

It's useful for my family, I have my kids under my account, I buy Forza, I play it on PC and the kids get to play it on console.

What's the other option, I still pay the same price and be stuck playing it on a console? I don't get why people are complaining.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

MS just need to differentiate the PC editions of games from the consoles versions of games by offering exclusive content on the console versions.

It's about content exclusivity. You both technically have the same game but there are things you get on console that are not in the pc edition. An example of content exclusivity is when Soul Calibur 2 came out and playstation microsoft and nintendo all got characters exclusive to their platform so they each felt like the same game but with unique content.

The purpose of console is to keep the developers honest so that they don't expect us to always upgrade pc to play the latest game they are making, but rather to force them to develop a game that can run decent enough on popular platform of a specific spec.

With PC there are so many variations of the hardware and it is the wild west. When games are designed they should be able to be playable at the lowest spec machines still. That's the appeal of the consoles which is the idea that a game will still be smooth enough to be playable. People are wiling to pay high price for games if developers don't overburden the system so much that it is assumed that you the owner of the game should have recent machine. Loads of poor people would rather play one REALLY GOOD (but expensive) game (and overpay for that game) over dozens of shit games that are cheap in cost, but look nice and play smooth on pc. (most people don't have time to play every good game that releases anyway)

That's the mentality behind why console gamers pay high price but don't make a big noise about the differences between PC prices and console game prices. What you get is a little bit of convenience when developers design things around an old system with limited specs so that the gameplay is never compromised by the low specs but rather that the developer thought to maintain framerate consistency. So for example if a game has the ability to run at 60fps but look like shit on console, they would still be allowed to see it at 30fps with consistent framerate and more detail. Not all coders are the same. The bad coders just expect us to have better hardware to compensate for their lack of skill. And on console these guys will get lower review scores due to not demonstrating technical achievements in the games they make. (and this lets us filter out the bad from the good)

What consoles do is show us the buyers, who (of all the third parties and first parties and second parties) can make the best looking games under tech limitations, without us having to upgrade anything. With PC platform it encourages the coders of games to just assume everyone will upgrade and this pressure to constantly change is inconvenient to people who are lazy. Also the side effect of paying more money is that games developers have incentive to never abandon the platform (so long as people actively play on it) since there are simply more povo people who own legacy platform than people who have latest thing. More users of old stuff = potentially more profits due to higher potential sales due to more people who own that platform. If the purpose of companies is to make money then making new games on older platform with high userbase makes sense. But with PC we all assume they target the high end users and not the povo cunts. The povo cunts is where all the money is made because there are simply more of them compared to rich cunts.

Consoles keep the bastards honest and instead of assuming people are going to upgrade when thier engine chugs due to being a resource hog, they actually have to care about framerate consistency on the low spec machine. People who only want to spend a certain amount of money on games are not going to worry about what they are missing out on with high end machines since they have lower expectations. Just like you may not care if you see the latest movie in 3D because you don't like the gimmick. In fact it amazes me nintendo released the 2DS haha but there is demand for stuff that is cheap and low budget. (much like there is high demand for economy car to save money on fuel)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:And I can't see them making up the difference this gen (if generations even exist anymore!).
And, you know, me too.

I assumed your question, "what should Microsoft do?", meant above and beyond what they're already doing. And considering everybody else responded the same way (get some fucking exclusives) it's fair to say everyone read it the same way as well. Otherwise, if you feel they're already doing everything they can, then the answer to "what should Microsoft do?" is nothing. Because they're already doing everything they can.

But yes, carry on.
Nah, the vibe was Scorpio is shit, which means they should be doing something else.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

jizzlobber wrote:damned if they do, damned if they don't.

This is what gets me. Xerox is the console we've all wanted from Microsoft and people can't help but shit-can it. I just... don't get it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Also, PS Now on PC NOW (now) supports PS4 games so lol Sony has no exclusives.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Can we make this the background for the forum?

<3 <3
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Madmya wrote:Also, PS Now on PC NOW (now) supports PS4 games so lol Sony has no exclusives.
Actually, NO! :?

Other than Killzone (a PS4 launch title from 4 years ago), PS Now on PC does NOT support any other PS4 exclusive game. Unlike Microsoft, Sony are smart enough to realise they need some fucking exclusive games to entice people into purchasing a PS4. :roll:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Hey ListMaker, what are PS's other exclusives? I genuinely can't think of any other than Bloodborne right now. Too many Milton Mangoes.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Madmya wrote:
This is what gets me. Xerox is the console we've all wanted from Microsoft and people can't help but shit-can it. I just... don't get it.
Possibly because it's three years too late to make a substantial difference to this gen.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Madmya wrote:Hey ListMaker, what are PS's other exclusives? I genuinely can't think of any other than Bloodborne right now. Too many Milton Mangoes.
Even games like bloodborne have only sold around 2M copies, there are 60m PS4s, people aren't swarming to PS4 for "exclusives". It's always been about the 3rd party support.
Ambrose Burnside

And cost. Has the most expensive console ever "won"?

Especially when the most expensive is also the least powerful.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:And cost. Has the most expensive console ever "won"?

Especially when the most expensive is also the least powerful.
Playstation 2 says hi.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I think it is good positioning by Microsoft as well, the timing puts them in the passenger seat for what comes next whilst still having a console powerful enough that when Sony does go to PS5 the Microsoft offering isn't that far behind then when they do release the Xbox One-Two XXIX they can move this machine to the Xbox One-Two XXIX S and continue what they have now with an S and X model, a cheap and expensive one. They have a space that they for once have Sony out in front for them to see what they are offering and then change their Xbox One-Two XXIX console plans to counter the Sony ones.

As I have said before I'll be getting the One X, my decision greatly helped by the pain in the ass my original xbox disc tray has become basically needing to hold the console vertical to get the discs to drop into the right position to be read and sometimes having to try multiple times over and over again for some games. I reckon for $650 I'm getting decent value with the hardware package they have put together that will tide me through a good few years of TV gaming.

My main issue with all this shit is that I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and go 4k TV and monitors soon or build a gaming PC for the loungeroom and just get the 4k TV, the xbox one x is a great excuse with the wife as to why we need one as I've been failing at the reasoning so far.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Madmya wrote:Can we make this the background for the forum?

<3 <3
Why not use the player who has won more series for QLD than any player in history.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Fuck, my bad. That was totally meant for the NRL thread. Like I said, too many mangoes. /sorry
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
Madmya wrote:
Possibly because it's three years too late to make a substantial difference to this gen.
Oh yeah the gen's over. I dunno, I just don't find it that big of a deal that xbox will come second if we get something like the BoneX.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

No surprise ListMaker disappeared. I did think of another: Uncharted 4.