Salt and Sanctuary (indie Dark Souls clone in 2D)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Salt and Sanctuary (indie Dark Souls clone in 2D)

Post by GameHED »

One of the games that slipped under the radar for me and worth mentioning here: (recommended for those who play hard indie titles and roguelites):
Good alternative to other games like Sundered which just came out. Available on PS Store for PS4 and Vita. Crap art but deeper than sundered in the sense of having to know the enemy to beat them. Has RPG feel unlike Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight which is based on pure skill instead of stats. (and also claims to be "2d dark souls" to tap into the masochistic gamer crowd)
Looks like Rogue Legacy artsyle which i wasn't a big fan of but that's a given for understaffed indie titles. (gameplay is where it matters - as long as it's not uglier than games like Terraria I can stomach them)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Salt and Sanctuary (indie Dark Souls clone in 2D)

Post by t0mby »

If all your posts in Gaming were like that your threads would be a lot more active.

I'd read a lot of comparisons to Demon's Souls when S&S came out, haven't had the chance to check it out yet though. Looks interesting and the artistic style compliments the game.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.