Sonic Mania Plus! Sonic Mania Adventures!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Sonic Mania

Post by Candy Arse »

The superior PS4 Pro version looks mint in 4k :up:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I'm loving the animations. Reached Studiopolis - beautiful
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

How good was the chemical plant act 2 boss?

This game is an old Sega fanboys wet dream, it's sonic's greatest hits so far.

The music is spot on too, they could've gone too far but didn't.

Looks like the flickies island special stage or sonic jam model in the chaos emerald bonus stage which is a nice touch.

So far so good!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I gave myself a rest at Lava Reef Zone. Have enjoyed it so far.. Oil Ocean has been a surprise stand out.. them flames!

The special stage is cool.. challenging but doable with enough practice which I am very pleased about because that is the essence of Sonic.. getting good.

How many fucking bonus stages are there too... I managed to eventually get them to clock back to the start.. but there are shitloads.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Can we spoiler tag things that haven't been previously announced please?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

A request for a spoiler tag for a 3 hour 2D indie-developed platformer that's not even important enough to get a physical release? :?

OK, I think some of you Sega dweebs are taking it too far and need a fucking reality check! :down:

Don't get it twisted! Sonic Mania does NOT mark the rebirth of the Sonic franchise. The franchise is as dead as ever (beyond resuscitation) except for bitter & homeless/console-less Sega nerds, as well as some general hardcore gamers. Beyond that, the franchise is DEAD IN THE WATER! 8)

So to all you Sega dweebs...stop making a fucking fool of yourself fantasizing about bigger and better things for the Sonic franchise! :redface:

Enjoy your cute little Sonic Mania (a mostly copy and pasted 2D Sonic game with 30 year old graphics)....but then I suggest you seek some counselling to deal with the reality that your precious Sonic will forever remain stuck in 2D, and will NEVER graduate to a quality 3D platformer like the upcoming Super Mario Odyssey for the Nintendo Switch that's only about 60 days away from release! :wink:

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

So it's not enough to enjoy your Switch you must only enjoy it whilst playing Nintendo titles.......right, got it.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

Please don't make this a sonic v Mario ffs.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

These indie devs are so good at resurrecting dead franchises, Nintendo should hire them for ARMS 2.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

So I bit the bullet last night and double-dipped on bone.

The game is amazing. The bone performance is not.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Holy shit! :shock:

Apparently ALL versions of Sonic Mania are riddled with bugs and glitches including the game freezing, music suddenly stopping, etc.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Jasper wrote:
WTF Candy? :?

The Switch version is full 1080p and locked 60fps except for a bonus 3D level where the frame-rate has a very slight dip to about 55fps. Trust me, the bonus 3D level shit isn't even fun and I wish the developers had spend that time and energy on developing more 2D levels. :roll:

The switch version has ONE bug where there's an occasional delay when trying to exit the game (has no affect whatsoever on gameplay), and the developer have already said they have a patch coming to resolve it. In Digital Foundry's analysis, they said they never experienced it themselves and likewise I also have never experienced it. :?

As for choosing between being chained to my living room television just to play a 2D game in 4K vs. playing a game like Sonic Mania (that feels like it was designed to be a handheld game) and playing it anytime and anywhere in the entire world...yeah, i'm super happy with my Switch version! :D
But according to you the switch only was ONE bug. And they have a patch coming to resolve it. I also read that DF and yourself haven't experienced this bug.

Never mind, according to you, you're super happy with your Switch version!.

Forgot to ask, how did the four hour flight go playing Sonic Mania?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

The Switch's bug was occasional problems with quitting the game. It was a bug that had no affect on gameplay. :roll:

These brand new discovered bugs and glitches appear to be present in all versions, and absolutely have an affect on gameplay. Some of these bugs completely fuck the entire game up, and you have to restart the damn game. :lol:

As for me...like I said I only spent a brief time with the game just to see how I preferred playing it (as a home console game or as a handheld game, and I discovered playing it as a handheld game felt superior). I look forward to paying it and finishing it (the fucking game is only 3 hours...what an utter joke - plus there's no plans for future DLC) on my flight this Saturday. 8)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

So you would've finished it on your 4 hour flight then, or did the battery run out? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

unfnknblvbl wrote:So I bit the bullet last night and double-dipped on bone.

The game is amazing. The bone performance is not.
???
i'm up to flying battery and haven't noticed any hiccups
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

The only hiccup I've had is when an achievement unlocked. Otherwise flawless.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I get occasional frame drops and slowdowns. From the title screen to the special stage to normal gameplay.Going by other games though, sometimes that can be machine-specific with the bone (submerged is an unplayable mess for me, but not others, for example), so I'm not surprised most people agent seeing it
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Title screen?! Not sure your bone is healthy man. Too many teenagers playing with it.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:Title screen?! Not sure your bone is healthy man. Too many teenagers playing with it.
Can be expected when the Bone is stored in a duty and hot cellar.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Jasper wrote:Enjoy your cute little Sonic Mania (a mostly copy and pasted 2D Sonic game with 30 year old graphics)
Jasper wrote:The Switch version is full 1080p and locked 60fps except for a bonus 3D level where the frame-rate has a very slight dip to about 55fps.
Ah shit, the Switch can't even pump out 30 year old graphics at a consistent 60fps :oops:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Yet somehow an intensely fast-paced entirely 3D game on the Nintendo Switch like Splatoon 2 is locked at 60fps? (just like ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, etc)...

ImageImage
ImageImage

It's not Nintendo's fault that Sonic Mania was developed by an incompetent nobody indie game studio, just like it's not Sony and Microsoft's fault that Sonic Mania on PS4/XB1 are also plagued with bugs and glitches that completely fuck up the gameplay. 8)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Do you wonder why you even exist?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

What's wrong? :?

STILL scared like the pathetic little Sega dweeb you are about the clock ticking on the popularity of your beloved Sonic Mania? :cry:

Bitch...the fucking game is a 2D rehash 3 hour game with 30 year old graphics that's not even getting a physical release - and you're worried about "spoilers" being posted? :wanker:

Get a grip ya sap. Sonic is STILL dead!

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

No, Sonic has been practically nothing for a long time now so that doesn't worry me.

I'm just wondering what do you bring to the world. I mean, you're just a parasite here, you sound like a parasite in real life...
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I get occasional frame drops and slowdowns. From the title screen to the special stage to normal gameplay.Going by other games though, sometimes that can be machine-specific with the bone (submerged is an unplayable mess for me, but not others, for example), so I'm not surprised most people agent seeing it
John at digital foundry has said the are stutters when played on the OG xb1.
1s is fine.