PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Bethesda giving Steam the flick

Post by lestat »

Fallout 76 not being released on steam.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/softwa ... esda_net/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fallout 76 won't be released on Steam - PC version will be exclusive to Bethesda.net

Bethesda has officially confirmed that Fallout 76 will not be released on Steam, and will instead release as a store exclusive on the publisher's standalone Bethesda.net storefront.
I have noticed big publishers slowly moving away from steam, retail ubisoft games use uplay and avoid steam. Epic doing great guns with their own launcher with Fornite. Activision releasing future PC titles on their battle.net client/service.

I can see why big publishers are not happy, much of the store front is littered with indie games, big AAA titles aren't given the promotion/front and center attention they get on console store fronts and they're giving 30% revenue to valve for this service.

I guess this new policy applies to future games like Rage 2, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein youngblood.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Bethesda giving Steam the flick

Post by Rorschach »

Definitely not a bad thing. All these games concentrated on one storefront is bad for the consumer. That said, I haven't bought many games off Steam for a while. Between the Humble Bundle store and CDKeys pretty much can get anything for a decent price.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I can't even remember the last time I bought anything off Steam, maybe that turn based post apocalypse game where you build up your house and rob others. Can't even remember the name.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

This war of mine
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Might be captain obvious but might be some big money for the first person who can create a client where you can manage all of them from.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I don't want to have to run 10 different clients for every game I own
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Froggy wrote:Might be captain obvious but might be some big money for the first person who can create a client where you can manage all of them from.
Pretty sure the Windows 10 Xbox app does this. Not that I've launched the Windows 10 Xbox app myself as yet. You can add any game to the list and launch it from there. The relevant DRM starts in the background upon launching the game.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

pilonv1 wrote:I don't want to have to run 10 different clients for every game I own
Agreed.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

^ Yeh, this.

Oh well, atleast we have plenty of RAM these days to run them all at once. Another bloody login/friends list to remember/maintain though.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Froggy wrote:Might be captain obvious but might be some big money for the first person who can create a client where you can manage all of them from.
Sounds like a game version of Trillion. Any of you remember that?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I do remember Trillian. I miss the 90s. Can't believe it's still around.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

You can add non-Steam games to Steam. Or is that different (I've never actually done it).

It is annoying having multiple clients, especially when games are exclusive to one of them. When a game is available on multiple clients (like The Witcher series), it's great - lower prices!

When games are exclusive to one it's another example of PCs becoming too much like consoles. Walled gardens and higher prices :down:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Steam isn't relevent. Ebgames is the future. :up: Buy all your old games cheap off the rich kid whose parents made millions importing illegal drugs and human slaves from other countries and using military planes to get past the airport security, and then help the young guy working in retail have a job to do.
As amazon takes over, retail is doomed. Digital copies of games are just fake versions of games so nobody buys that. You don't actually own the shit. Why aren't people able to sell their digital copy of a game to another buyer who wants to buy a secondhand digital copy of a game?

Because of greed. Greed is a sin. The steam users must understand the world may have changed but my rights to do with my property whatever I please has NOT changed. And that's the reason steam is losing to the nintendo eshop and why nintendo is trying to shut down all the pirates and steam is doomed (because they won;t let the poor man sell his old games to buy a loaf of bread to feed his starving children) and EB Games lets you do that with their games. You guy never listen to customers so that is why you are also doomed. You have lost touch with what the rest of society wants so your businesses are suffering as a result. You never put yourself into the perspective of the struggling guy who can't find jobs, has to compete with the immigrants who can afford to work for less than minimum wage because the cost of living is tiny in their homeland (which is where they send their earnings they earned here locally to overseas countries in order to support their relatives living offshore, which bleed our local economy of wealth because they don't spend their money which they earned inside the country into the country's businesses... which robs locals of jobs and income and goes to overseas company and then that nations armies grow stronger and stronger while your own nation gets weaker) while the local worker has to obey high tax laws and the cost of living is much more expensive than the immigrants.

Globalisation has good and bad points. But what the greedy monopolist wants is less freedom and choice for the consumer and more freedom and choice for the monopolist. If digital distribution wins over local business, then all those unemployed kids will join gangs and start raiding convenience stores or go to the bars drunk and beat random people up because they have nothing to do. Too much greed of the monopolist is bad. If you follow my advice you will not experience suffering because as governments get bigger and bigger and bigger, they become more expensive to run and eventually become unsustainable for the tax payer to foot the bill for. When the working class move to other countries to flee the high taxes (caused by feminist voting in more and more welfare programs which stresses out the working class too much which sees no benefit to working hard) eventually what you are left with are poor guys who can't earn enough to pay for the government any more and then it turns into a third world shithole because everyone else left in the nation has low IQ and unable to start business and not have it fail hard. (no tax to collect for you evil feminists to gobble up and spend on useless services nobody cares about or to buy cakes with to make you fat and chubby for indians who are desperate for fat women so they can surgically take the fat out of their body and inject it into their own bodies because they are starving and need a solution to poverty while also solving the obesity problem in the west.)

As antifa grows you can see the media paint them as the good guys and hard working white guy who runs the local fish and chips store as the bad guy. Robots will eventually take over that is certain. But before that we have to have the libertarian vs authoritarian war. (if authoritarians win then you get robot army while everyone else goes to the FEMA camps to be used in science experiments for the reptilians to study our weaknesses when they finally reveal themselves publicly as our leaders and have placed all the humans in cages as their clones act as the security guards to keep us at bay) If you want to survive don't trust the tech companies who work together to move us all into an authoritarian global system of rule over us. Technology has a good side and an evil side. Most of the californian tech companies want global communism because the elites promise them they will be given a utopia. It's not going to happen because there is a demonic origin of all the tech (they got it from the greys) and its purpose is to turn everyone against God. Is steam part of this? No I don't think so but notice how whenever a company gets too big and popular it eventually turns to the dark side and uses the information it collects about everyone for spying purposes? That's because they want to know who or what you are so they can kill you off easier. (eg in business you have trade secrets, and putting all the information in a cloud means the third parties can spy on your ideas and shit. If you know anything about ninjas: you don't let others have those secrets and give enemy advantage over you but that's the society the communists want to live in where everyone shares their secret so they can steal your thoughts! And then use your ideas to then control you using your own inventions. 1960s was when it all went to shit because people didn't want to follow their parents and now we are suffering for it as kids these days are entitled and feel that everything should be free including your details. Nope: property rights are very important. Without property rights you may as well just call yourself a slave. Steam doesn't believe we own our shit.)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto