XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

EA shut down Visceral

Post by lestat »

https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-viscer ... 23990?IR=T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EA has shut down Visceral Games, the studio behind games like Battlefield Hardline and Dead Space, the publisher said today. The Star Wars game in development at Visceral will be revamped and move to a different studio.

“Our Visceral studio has been developing an action-adventure title set in the Star Wars universe,” EA’s Patrick Söderlund said. “In its current form, it was shaping up to be a story-based, linear adventure game. Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design. We will maintain the stunning visuals, authenticity in the Star Wars universe, and focus on bringing a Star Wars story to life. Importantly, we are shifting the game to be a broader experience that allows for more variety and player agency, leaning into the capabilities of our Frostbite engine and reimagining central elements of the game to give players a Star Wars adventure of greater depth and breadth to explore.”
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: EA shut down Visceral

Post by Candy Arse »

Depressing.

I loved the Dead Space games.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I'm sure things would have been different if they had more loot crates in their games.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Fuck EA :down:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_E ... Arts_games" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Out of curiosity I sorted that list by date with the most recent at the top.

With the exception of Titanfall2 and PVZ Garden Warfare, which I got both dirt cheap out of the bargain bin, the last full price EA game I bought was Mass Effect 3 in 2012.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

It doesn't surprise me. This is the pattern of the big publishers who absorbe the developers up like Kirby, and either spit them out completely of their mouth as a weapon to destroy the competition or swallow them up and eat them and force the creative people to do things under strict system that maiximses profits rather than work on it as passion by the artists/creators.

To beat EA you got to stop buying their games and encourage developers not to trust the big publishers too much. It was their idea to use frostbite engine for ME Andromeda which ended up making the game shit. Once these big publishers absorbs all the talent they will destroy the diversity in the game industry by just making the same shit each year and not deviating unless it is dangerous to do the same shit each year. LOL Anyway nobody should be surprised here. If the top ten games are the same thing each year and publishers make profit from those titles, we shouldn't whine about the big publishers punishing the developers by killing them.

EA is kind of like the hollywood movie industry where only the big blockbuster stuff is created and everything you play feels manufactuered and forced rather than coming from the heart of a creative person. As games become more corporate and less like artists working on pieces or art, thi shit will continue. All this lootbox shit is one example of it: they want to remove the fun out of games and focus on what makes the most $ even if focusing on what makes most money conflicts with what makes the games fun. You should all be scared of this stuff as it is turning gaming hobby into a expensive hobby and kids will give up, play GTA Online forever rather than buying new games, and only buy movie licensed crap from EA instead of looking forward to the next best thing in gaming. All their attention will be on playing crap EA games and not the games made by the geniuses who keep the games fun. Money has a corrupting influence just like the dark side of the force which seduces the individual. EA is like the empire. The resistence is you guys only buying the stuff that isn't shit.

If something is shit and you bought it because you thought EA is nice, then you deserve you fave franchises to disappear haha. I think the beginning of the end was when single player campaigns in shooters stopped being the focus of games and these big publishers started to focus on the online multi side only. And so there is clash between games as products, vs games as services to rich kids who want to buy virtual items to become super soldiers and show off to their friends at how easy they can kill other people. (ie the appeal to people's narcissim instead of intelligence at overcoming a problem using skill gained through hard work and training)

Nowadays games are about how not handicapped you can be by purchasing shit to ensure nobody has an edge over you. Thanks PCgamers (this is coming from your platform where MMO business models live and now they are coming to console land and invading full priced triple games) Fuck you EA. I'm not buying a virtual jew hat to increase the amount of loot I find in treasure chests in my single player RPGs ok?? You have way too much money and gotten fat and lazy. We want lean and nimble.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Image is a bit outdated, but still fitting.