Xbox All Access

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Xbox All Access

Post by Froggy »

so what do we think of this? As someone who is currently look at a new xbox as my OG xbox is on struggle street taking games and I'm not coping with long load times too well it seems alright to me.

What is it?
Well it's a 24 month payment plan for the console.. either xbox one x or xbox one s, xbox live sub and xbox game pass sub.
It's zero interest
It's cheaper than retail

From a rough guestimate I think in AU the S will be $22 a month and the x maybe $37ish

Basicall a phone plan for xbox, I like the idea especially coming in at 0 interest and a discount on retail for people who are going to get one regardless anyway it's a great way to enter the next gen when it comes without forking out the huge layout at once.

My issues.. I already have game pass and a stacked gold, I don't mind extending gold for a year past when i finish the contract but my query is how well they can move across people already on both without screwing it up but I do like the idea.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: Xbox All Access

Post by Froggy »

Looks like it is US only for now.. oh well.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yeah I dunno. I like the idea, just don't know if I'd go with it.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Usually I wouldn't but as it's no interest, actually cheaper and something I'd pay for anyway and already pay for game pass monthly so for 20 bucks extra or so a month seems smarter to do then lay it out upfront. Not that we have that option anyway now it's US only.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Great idea, iphones sell a bucket load because people can spread the payments over 2 years to hide that $1500 hit.

This is a great way for people to jump in and not feel their wallet destroyed when they do.

We're a paycheck to paycheck society now, makes a lot of sense.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Yup. It's a good idea imo.

MS should also have a plan where if you can get others on the plan and you can prove it, (when the friend quotes a code given to them by the the guy referring them) then you can get discount on games.

We live in a word of mouth society as well. The people become the ad for the greedy corporation at dinner parties and shit. And then as a group, people form a bond playing the same games so they are more likely to buy the thing their friends play or own.

Little kids also have some way of saving up. Sell stolen anime and nintendo games to Candy Arse so he can place it on his pirate server in china and russia which feeds the black market economy and stimulates it so that people don't have to play only fortnite due to being povo. Oh I forgot that's what crunchy roll does.

What MS could do is make a deal with customers where you must wear a Xbox One shirt all day to raise awareness for xbox if you want to get codes. You become a literal ad and a whore for a day to get people to remember that Xbox exists even though sony is dominating. Nintendo did it sucessfully with the uniqlo t shirts. Only since nintendo fans already like characters from nintendo they pay to be the ad instead. :up: (this allows games to be bug-free and the reason Zelda BOTW still hasn't crashed yet because its quality.)

Paying off a console should be like paying off house imo. This allows people to afford better quality products and gives developers more incentive to start making the bloody games earlier now that people are locked into a payment. (less delays for them, and they can predict how many people will have access to their game on release. People who already have that console also naturally will be interested in its development because its on their platform which gives them something to care about after laying out so much money for the console)

Anything that is interest free is going to benefit the brand because it's about reaching poorer people who don't have much money but still want one. The more you can reach these guys the more likely the game developers will give a shit about making games for your platform because they base decision on how many people have the hardware already in the home. It's about helping the developers mostly. They may commit more if they see that you secured a big enough userbase to justify the effort to produce the game for your system. To prove it quickly you got to take a hit by offering to give the customer the console day 1 so that the developer knows they can trust the system to be stable platform for future. And it saves space for retailers too who can use that space to put up more games on the shelf. The consoles can get more expensive and powerful without sitting on the shelves for ages collecting dust.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

It's a great idea. Game Pass is the clincher.

I'll probably go down this route if my One S dies (and the Australia Tax isn't too ridiculous when it's released here).
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

California is the canary in the coal mine for other places:
This is a smart move by MS as people have gotten poorer. Their machine is the most powerful and expensive one on the market right now. They need to reach the guy who wants a machine but has to pay it off in small amounts at a time to get it. Whatever you do if you live there and buy a xbox from retailer, don't get mugged by gay hippies who want to love you by taking your shit. Dress like a homeless guy and hide it. When middle class disappears, there is no one for these companies to sell products to as rich guys don't spend or consume as much, they prefer to save or invest money.
Homeles guys shitting in the streets like in third world countries is because they outlawed plastic bags. The homeless guy used to pack all the shit in plastic and then throw it away. Now without plastic bags they just shit on the gutter. This is how much the left don't understand the poor. lol The government in australia has also banned plastic bags so we are heading in the same direction as them. Right now at coles they charged 15 cents for a plastic bag to encourage people to use reusable ones. But what about the homeless bums here? Will they take a dump on your lawn now?
Doomsday preppers warned you the collapse is coming. Only a matter of time now when they go into full on zombie horde mode and raid your property like the guys in the viking tv series...Fallout 4 was your training sim for when they come for your consoles.
oldenmcgroen
3 weeks ago
If you’re leaving California, leave you’re stupid liberal/leftist ideology there as well. They seem to understand that things are not working there but often don’t have the good sense to understand why.
We’ve got enough of you transplants here mucking things up already. Austin, is overrun with these idiots primarily due to UT being a leftist indoctrination camp that keeps cranking ‘em out year after year, but also because they come from blue states to get further indoctrinated.
Now these clowns are trying to change the city of Austin name to something else because Austin is associated with slavery.
Stephen F Austin is known as the “Father of Texas” and these liberal outsiders want to change the name of our capitol city. It never stops with these clowns!
It's due to immigration. They cost money and the hippies let them in so now the tax is high which causes the locals to pay the bill which they can't afford and then they flee to other areas. Cost of living goes up, but labour shortage go down. The low skilled jobs like what the chinese factory worker does is now easy for americans since they have immigrants that will do that stuff. Soon everyone will be like what china was and the west will be slaves of them. This is what happens when you don't buy products locally made. The rival gets to own you and enslave you once the lazy people who don't contribute become untaxable and unemployable. The conservative man will probably be outvoted by liberals in future and the process repeat where liberal leader is voted into power to ruin the land. There is no where to run you must convert them to christian morality and unbrainwash them. Zombies can be put to good use if you transform them into better people that contribute things instead of leech.
Francine Harrison
4 weeks ago
California is reaping what it sells in California they have a Church of Satan you got Hollywood with a bunch of Baphomet worshipping demons pedophiles transgender almost over so-called female Hollywood actresses are MTF. Not these Baphomet worshipping they do blood sacrificing it's it's you know when you worship Satan you got these transgender demons at libraries reading stories to little children and the parents think that's cute California is worse than Sodom and Gomorrah that's why California is the way it is the reaping what they sell that's why there's fires drought mudslides God's Wrath and this is nothing this is nothing God's Wrath will come down on California and what's happening now is nothing compared to what's going to happen when Jesus Christ comes back the evil will be destroyed. Just in California all over the world
It's been seen in prophetic visions. The end. Everyone laughs at the doomsday prepper.
The elites solution is to bring in UBI (Universal Basic Income) and cashless society where everyone is chipped like a pet and tracked like a slave so they can kill you if you disagree with the coming antichrist who is going to demand you respect him if you wish to engage in trade.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

This is a great idea, it's like hire purchase but without all the bullshit cards and Admin fees. I'd be keen on a One X at $9 per week.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

GameHED wrote: It's been seen in prophetic visions. The end. Everyone laughs at the doomsday prepper.
The elites solution is to bring in UBI (Universal Basic Income) and cashless society where everyone is chipped like a pet and tracked like a slave so they can kill you if you disagree with the coming antichrist who is going to demand you respect him if you wish to engage in trade.
It's bad enough that we have an Australia tax, but now we're going to have an antichrist tax too? Oh, man.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

They are already trying to phase out cash. It's an experiment they are trialing in india now. And they wil gradually make it so cash is no longer used. What replaces that? The beast chip! Put your hands on the scanner and you have paid for your groceries. If you try to run off the GPS tracker will know where to find you. IF you remove it then you won't be able to buy shit the next visit. They thought of everything.
Try to exit the control grid and you are a terrorist or a criminal. That's how the mainstream media will present it for those who don't participate. The black market is doomed. Soon you will prostitute yourself for a sandwich like teenage girls in venzuela.
Cannibalism will return as people starve and kill other people for food just as all the recent zombie movies predicted. Unless you breed rabbits or hunt the kangaroo yourself like the abbos and learn how to survive in the wild like primitives. Doomsday prepper's are going to have to double down on survival skill as more hippies move to the regional areas to leech off them.

related:
mark of the beast can alter your DNA: (it makes sense to allow for demonic entities to attach to you more easily - God naturally placed barrier between us and the demonic realm)
Think of the human body as the image of God. The body is a temple for the Holy Spirit to enter into. What the elites want to do is control that temple by letting demons enter into the temple to then demonise the individual person and enslave them. Rejecting the chip means maintaining Holy Spirit in the temple which prevents deception. Messianic jews need to be aware of what kind of fallen angel tech the satanist have access to.
The solution to income inequality is you own nothing:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I don't like it.
For a start it's Microsoft/Xbox, so there's no games I want to play in the first place, but even if it was Nintendo or Sony doing this I wouldn't like it.

I just don't like the model of 'pay for this every month instead of every year', particularly for unavoidable expenses like insurance. Sure, I know it's just perception, but it just feels like all these regular pay services are claiming more and more of my pay.
No corporations care about their customers best interests, we're just $ to them, so I don't like them 'integrating' themselves into my life more and more.
Me being a tight arse doesn't help.

Ah - While writing this, my old brain finally was able to deduce what bugs me most about this model. Suspiciously trying to figure out how corporations can exploit this, and it came to me.
It's easier to jack the price up.
If your'e paying $200 a year for a service, and they jack it up 10% to $220, you notice.
But if you're only jacking the price up $1.50 a month, folks will just shrug.
Also, with a monthly subscription cycle, it also provides much more frequency and opportunity to creep the price up.

Rantings of an old man, sure. But remember, no company is your friend. Ever.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yeah but you could look at it a different way:
The fact that the bill is there forces that person to get off their butt to find side income to pay off the expense and can make a lazy guy less lazy because of the pressure of having to make the payment. It might push them to work harder. While if it's just a trust fund kid buying it all up front, then he is going to not appreciate the money he had to spend to own it. Because it's just there.

IT's just looking at things from a different perspective. Like when you see fat people not go to the gym because nobody kicks them in the arse or shames them. They start to think it's normal to be a glutton and eat excessive amount of food without thinking about their future quality of life. (Eg francis is turning his life around on youtube and I bet it's thanks to the community telling him he is going to dead soon which finally got him to seek help and lose weight and he now can walk freely and enjoy his life after all the pressure to act on warnings) By taking out interest-free loan this motivates the person to improve their level of worth. (at least until it's finally paid off then they go back to wasting it on stupid shit like loot boxes and pay to win nonsense)

Anyway Dragon Quest 11 is coming out on ps4. You buying it?
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... rpg-series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

No.
I've played DQ games and I do like them, but not enough to get into one right now.