I believe the next videogame crash is coming

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: I believe the next videogame crash is coming

Post by GameHED »

CD Projekt Red raised the standards for excellence tomby. If you want the gold you got to deliver. The weak shall not be permitted to live as Akuma from the street fighter games would say.

"One must defeat one's own shadow, one's own demon, or he is condemned to nothingness. I have dwelled in darkness and have conquered it." -Akuma
EA and the like can't conquer their fear of feminist and SJW.

Anyway the world is slowly coming to an end as quantum computers become the norm. As I mentioned before in the conspiracy thread there is a slight chance that machines get possessed by whatever is hidden in the other dimensions. Google "anthony patch" "danger of D-wave computers" as search terms.
What's with all the cross* symbolism? Are they scared the tech will be cursed by the demons so they need to trap the bastards in case they enter into the machine go through the monitor and start raping their house with poltergiest activity? hehe

*some superstitious people use it as a defence symbol to ward off evil.
https://www.groveandgrotto.com/blogs/ar ... otection-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Solar Cross is an equal-armed cross, which may also be surmounted by a circle. It is one of the oldest spiritual symbols in existence, dating back to Stone Age carvings.
The Solar Cross represents the light and movement of the sun. The sun was extremely important to early humans, both for its life-giving energy and its predictable cycles of days and seasons. Many subsequent religious symbols (including the Christian cross) are related to this simplest of drawings. Many more mytho-spiritual concepts can be found therein: The Celtic-Pagan Wheel of the Year, the Wheel card of the Tarot, the classical Sun Chariot, and the Native American Four Winds are just a few.
As a protective symbol, the Solar Cross evokes the power of the Sun God or All-Father, as well as the guardians of the Four Directions. To meditate on the cross's intersection is a powerful centering exercise.
The Solar Cross represents both balance (at its center) and infinity (at its extremities). It it a symbol of eternity that embodies themes of birth, death, and rebirth. Use the Solar Cross as a centering and calming aid when under threat. As a solar symbol, it is used to banish negativity and cast out shadows.
Maybe the illuminati is spooked that whatever it was the let in our world during the CERN ceremony may not be able to be controlled by their magick? Will be interesting when machines suddenly become "self aware" and start thinking for themselves and killing their creators. :P We need a real life Megaman X to hunt the rogue machine if that happens.
Gothard ceremony:
revelation 9:11:
11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon. (the destroyer)

note that they put a shiva statue to associate with CERN which is just the Hindu goddess equivalent of Apollyon. (the destroyer)
I wonder who they want to destroy and why they have to develop underground cities? Are they scared?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The new tactic of SJW is to censor user reviews:
It's not good news overall because game devs can hide the game-breaking features until AFTER the review period is over and then when the developers are confident enough to reveal the paid features which fundamentally ruin the game balance, they can do this with impunity due to gagging the negative reviews. People can't for example review the game as a latecomer to the games when the experience isn't as good as it was early in the game's life prior to game balance being ruined.

This is why I like co-op multi games like Monster Hunter. The experience does not fluctuate in quality wildly over the course of the title's life due to not being a competitive title where the aim is to rape the other the players(which encourages a developer to allow whales to exploit broken balance in exchange for money). There is a dark side to curating reviews even if the intent is good (to clean it up of bad quality reviewer contributions).

What censoring does is just encourage bad developers to cover up anti consumer practices in games. There should be a free market of ideas and let the quality reviewers rise to the top based on rating system (like how ebay has the seller's percentage score) and low quality reviewers sink to the bottom. A filter can be applied for the user to hide the worst reviewers from thier screen if they just want to read reviewers they have grown to trust, which saves them time. That would encourage users to moderate what they see for themself rather than rely on the site owners who may have vested interest to push a game thier own mates made over all other games.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Interesting stats here:
no wonder nintendo is not planning to go back to home console. (combining all the home console dev cost and mobile/handhed dev cost into one thing to save money was a wise choice)

related:
an alternative view:
NV_1790
1 week ago
I am a take two investor and I can’t believe he keeps using the term “correction” so loosely in the video. A correction is a drop of 10% in the market or a stock. A bear market is a drop of 20%. EA stock got cut in half that can definitely be considered a crash. Now, was as bad as the crash in the 80s definitely not but it was a crash nonetheless.
It's called having an ego. When people fail they do not want you to know that they failed and play damage control. "oh it's normal that I tried a complex trick on my skateboard and fell on my face...that's normal" Yeah because they lowered their standards enough to make it a normal event. To the investment guy you fucked up. The SJW are one such example thinking the reason their crappy films fail is due to russian bots lol "communism is good and the diversity hires are just as amazing as the guy we kicked off the team with the white skin. Fuck meritocracy and capitalism. Nobody cares about that single playerstar wars game that was cancelled. The participation ribbon is the future. Oh and diablo immortal is more important than stupid pc gamers who want diablo 4. We all have phones so high resolution devices are no longer important because my 6 year old daughter has tiny fingers and doesn't have problems controlling games with a tiny touch screen. You are just manbabies that need to be more inclusive to mobile gaming and stop worrying about dumb stuff like how good it feels to play"

admit it: you fucked up because you listened to the casual gamer masses and the hardcore is not your audience because you want to sell loot boxes. We are tough we can handle reality. Now that people are boycotting whole publishers on principle and your stock is dying, you want to convince us everything is normal as you abandon the titanic quietly so you don't get crushed in the stampede when everyone else realises what the fuck is really happening. Arseholes. Looks like nintendo is going to have to save us once more...
malikail57
2 hours ago (edited)
2018 was the peak of "The Bubble in Everything", the market will crash and hard, but then so will all of them. This has been known since the 80s, it's a function of the Boomer retirement taking money out of the system that used to be available for stock purchases. Innovative companies will do well, same old same old like EASports are probably going to go under as a matter of finance no matter if they can maintain their market share or not. It's the same kind of market force that caused Ford and GM to abandon the car market, they can't make enough profit off the lines as a whole to make it worth it, in gaming it's harder to predict who will survive but there will definitely be casualties to whole areas of gaming.
Nintendo will still be around since they have not compromised on quality. It's the big publishers that are doomed since they chose the "get woke, go broke" path. Bottom line is this: short term effect of trying to be trendy is that you become relevent to the cool kids. But long term when those kid no longer want to be trendy and moves on, you got to start making quality again.
Zelda Breath of the Wild = no bugs. Polished work matters long term. This creates consumer confidence. (the reason for the crash was so many lazy workers filling up the shelves with crappy titles or being rushed to make them to unrealistic deadlines - Today the problem is marketing them so hard that if the game turns out to be shit, then it results in company dying off because it becomes an internet meme - word gets around fast. One of the reasons indie is seen as future is because games like Sonic Mania give the quality of old games that is missing from current day games and so a crash might be good if it means more quality games can be seen over the poor quality ones which were hyped. Less Aliens: Colonial Marines and more Sonic Manias and Yakuza thanks. :up: )
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Last year I was moaning.
This year, oh my, my wallet is in trouble.

:nana:
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I find PS4 and Xbox games come down in price to reasonable levels quickly - around the $69 mark for the newer titles. Switch titles on the other hand never seem to drop, they just hand around the full RRP years after release. BOTW is still $79, never seen it drop in store. I would gotten Link's Awakening but it's only a 7 hour game, max. $49 would have been an instant buy.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Gamepass has conditioned me to not buy stuff anymore. I can't see anything that screams instabuy on that page. Most of this years AAA 3rd party stuff has been ruined by bloated open worlds and lootbox/microtransaction shenanigans.

As you've also stated Rorschach, switch stuff is overpriced.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

lestat wrote:Gamepass has conditioned me to not buy stuff anymore. I can't see anything that screams instabuy on that page. Most of this years AAA 3rd party stuff has been ruined by bloated open worlds and lootbox/microtransaction shenanigans.

As you've also stated Rorschach, switch stuff is overpriced.
The issue I have is with Game Pass there's been multiple times I've grabbed a title when I've seen it cheap say $15 - $35 bucks and been thinking I've got a bargain and then I'll have it next to the console waiting to go as I go through my games and I get a notification on my phone, game has been added to game pass. Now when it comes to a non AAA game or one I know has struggled I'm reticent to purchase it in store knowing that at the moment Microsoft is more than likely gonna try and grab it to put on game pass for a while.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
flipswitch
que
que

I believe the next videogame crash is coming

Post by flipswitch »

The Outer Worlds on gamepass!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

This is why this industry is at breaking point now imo.

Just a sickening trend that has me down about the future of this hobby.