Arcade machines, cabinets, MAME etc.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Arcade machines, cabinets, MAME etc.

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 21 Apr 2022 09:34 am So ... where do you guys source your ROMs from? Been using ROM Hustler. Seems legit but a bit worried I'm going to download a virus or something. It's also slow af. Keen to download a zip file or whatever that just has everything in it :lol: everymegadrivegameinenglish.zip and everysnesgameinenglish.zip etc :lol:
I tend to look for packs of ROMs on torrent sites. You're extremely unlikely to get a virus from a ROM file, so long as you stay away from those "install our special downloader for faster speeds!" arrangements. There'd also have to be a goatse-sized security hole in the emulator for a virus to be delivered by a compromised ROM image.

But anyway. There's a couple of different packs you can go for. Hyperspin and GoodROM. The GoodROM packs are the ones that insist on including every single variant of a game, and include weird heiroglyphic nonsense in the filenames. I think Hyperspin packs are more focused on just having a working version of a game.

I'm yet to find a complete English Saturn pack:(
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars