I'm in.....
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Far Cry 6

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Teaser looks great, but I'm more excited for Watch Dogs Legion. I'd probably have Far Cry 6 below Assassin's Creed: The English are the bad guys even when they're the ones being invaded and colonised too.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Teaser looks great, but I'm more excited for Watch Dogs Legion. I'd probably have Far Cry 6 below Assassin's Creed: The English are the bad guys even when they're the ones being invaded and colonised too.
Huh?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside

Froggy wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:Teaser looks great, but I'm more excited for Watch Dogs Legion. I'd probably have Far Cry 6 below Assassin's Creed: The English are the bad guys even when they're the ones being invaded and colonised too.
Huh?
Snuh.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

This looks amazing. I'm seeing ray traced reflections, too.
Looking like it'll be a better story than all the other even-numbered Fars Cry.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

There's an IGN interview with Giancarlo that's got me hyped for this. It sounds like we have a wonderfully complex villain again. Will he as good as Vaas? That's a pretty high bar...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Which one was Vaas in, was that #3? That's the last one I've played. First one I played on PC waaaaay back in the day, second one in South Africa had good ideas but was crazy hard for no reason, third one started awesome but then all these towers and unlocks and shit, ugh, really fucks with my OCD and makes it hard to play. I haven't had a desire to play another after Unisoft started doing this big checklist of collect-a-thons, have they changed or is it still the same format? Towers unlock areas with a big checklist of camps, items etc?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Fully urban environments this time too. Saw a Giancarlo interview regarding his preparation for the character and performance. Hopefully all this effort means we get more scenes than previous top-billed Far Cry villians.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

t0mby wrote:Which one was Vaas in, was that #3? That's the last one I've played. First one I played on PC waaaaay back in the day, second one in South Africa had good ideas but was crazy hard for no reason, third one started awesome but then all these towers and unlocks and shit, ugh, really fucks with my OCD and makes it hard to play. I haven't had a desire to play another after Unisoft started doing this big checklist of collect-a-thons, have they changed or is it still the same format? Towers unlock areas with a big checklist of camps, items etc?
Vaas was in #3.
Ubisoft has constantly iterated on the ideas from #3 to the point where #5 was almost the perfect single player FPS. Still a collect-a-thon, but only if you're chasing 100% completion. They also did away with the towers in #3.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Did everyone get their Ubisoft Forward free copy of Watch Dogs 2? Mine has come in just now.
Ambrose Burnside

Yep, got mine!
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Is that through uplay only?
Ambrose Burnside

unfnknblvbl wrote:
t0mby wrote:Which one was Vaas in, was that #3? That's the last one I've played. First one I played on PC waaaaay back in the day, second one in South Africa had good ideas but was crazy hard for no reason, third one started awesome but then all these towers and unlocks and shit, ugh, really fucks with my OCD and makes it hard to play. I haven't had a desire to play another after Unisoft started doing this big checklist of collect-a-thons, have they changed or is it still the same format? Towers unlock areas with a big checklist of camps, items etc?
Vaas was in #3.
Ubisoft has constantly iterated on the ideas from #3 to the point where #5 was almost the perfect single player FPS. Still a collect-a-thon, but only if you're chasing 100% completion. They also did away with the towers in #3.
Getting back into 5. I usually try for 100% in these sorts of games, methodically ticking off every quest and waypoint like it's a chore, but I'm trying a different approach after always becoming overwhelmed and giving up.

I load it up, bring up the map, pick a waypoint, and make my way there. If something catches my eye on the way, I'll investigate, but I don't feel compelled to and I make sure in my session (often relatively short) I'll get to the waypoint I picked and complete whatever happens to be there.

Been stumbling across some awesome emergent stuff and just going along for the ride. Runs really well and is great to look at. And I love the setting.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The game really comes into its own in the ultra hard mode in New Game+. They really should have made that the default mode.
Ambrose Burnside

Ultra hard mode sounds like in instant turn off for me.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

That's what I thought too at first, not it's a bit like how Halo comes into its own on legendary difficulty.
It's not really all that much harder; the ammo drops and whatnot are the same size, but the enemies are just more intelligent. It feels way more rewarding.

...and I'm not one to play on the hardest difficulty on anything.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Delayed also. Scheduled Feb 18, now sometime after March.

https://www.engadget.com/ubisoft-delays ... 09767.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Some nice additions to the forumula. Day one for me. Hope Giancarlo gets plenty of screen time.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The trailer looks kinda dull, but the gameplay reveal video makes it look pretty fun. Customisable vehicles, horses, fancy weaponised backpacks, and a talking customisable character.

Dunno about the $180 asking price for the ultimate edition on the Xbox store though...
Ambrose Burnside

unfnknblvbl wrote: 29 May 2021 04:56 pmDunno about the $180 asking price for the ultimate edition on the Xbox store though...
:lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Looks great, really digging the setting. :up:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Watching that, I can only see a reskinned Farcry 5..4...3. It's a decent game but each sequel doesn't really do much. Here's hoping Farcry 6 is a surprise.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I mean, the Far Cry engine is usually incremental in nature. FC5 was the biggest generational update since the 1-2 change. This looks like #5 with ray tracing, but back in an island setting. Which is fine by me.

I'm looking forward to the mix of tropical island and big city environments to explore. Far Cry's gunplay has always been top-notch in the island and rural settings, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes in urban ones.