Xbox 1st party games to launch same day on Game Pass

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Xbox 1st party games to launch same day on Game Pass

Post by Rorschach »

I hope MS doesn’t acquire EA or Valve (rumoured). MS online presence on the PC platform sucks big time. Say what you will about EA, Origin is pretty decent. If MS acquired them can only see them impose the same shit system as the Store with encrypted downloads and broken online play.
Last edited by Rorschach on 30 Jan 2018 01:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

EA makes a lot of sense for Microsoft... but fuck me that's a lot of money they will need to front up. Do they need to acquire them to get them on board with the Game Pass? Obviously they need to come up with something big to tempt them to abort their current EA Access platform or whatever it's called.

Also, damn straight lestat, fuck second hand retailers! In fact, I'm happy to see the end of the second hand titles.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Will Origin still exist if they buy them? I’d rather buy off Origin than the W10 store.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Have EAs shares increased much since the Battlefront debacle last year? I'm surprised someone like Disney didn't snatch them up already.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Disney is too busy buying Fox and starting their own Netflix competitor. They don't have free cash for any other deals, that deal alone is 1/3 their market cap.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I like gamepass but I still think retail has its place because people who want to own their games not have a license to play them are adamant that physical = security from companies that may go belly up and have the games taken off the digital stores.
We've had this argument before many times: if something like Scott Pilgrim or Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (basically anything that needs a license to sell) disappears, the late to the party guy only option is to find second hand copies on ebay or at the local ebgames.

So retailers just need to adjust to the change in consumer habits by making their stores be more diverse in what they sell. For example if you wanted to buy an old game (not to save money but because you are a fan of that old game) but it's not available on online stores, the retailer needs to be able to somehow allow a person to order it online or in-store and they just send the item from the warehouse direct to the home. Like when I buy imported toys from japan. Things that are harder to obtain are what retailers can stock. Along with merchansdise (game related merch ie mugs, t-shirts, amiibo, caps, toys, etc you get the idea...)

I like the option to go with subscription but I am doubtful it means boxed-retail is doomed. They have been saying that for years. Also you can still buy music CDs despite everyone downloading music these days. People love to exaggerate shit. They love to say things can't co-exist. It helps bring fear to the competition and boost the share value of their fave company. I'm not as dumb as the masses. It's just false prophets. With the advent of drones, it will become more easy to deliver games to your house. A nintendo Switch cartridge is tiny. You could order physical and have it at your door within a few hours. AND you OWN the game. And can sell it for real money or give as a gift to a mate. People keep forgetting that you can't really do anything with a virtual item since it is tied to one account and the holder of the account can change the terms of service anytime and lock you out of your account or the business fails or the service ends meaning thousands of dollars disappears. (because you only have a license to use the service not own the game) Owning the copy of the physical game = insurance against companies who may one day boost the price of the games when there is no longer competition. It's history. When a company has monopoly on supply (research debeers monopoly on diamonds) they can be as mean as they wish to their customers. Learn from my sagely wisdom.

I am a fan of the idea that "more options is better than less options". So if retail boxed product goes, you will have less options and therefore harder time finding stuff that the masses forgot about. (unless you turn to piracy/emulation which doesn't count since the makers of the game get nothing for their hard work) Worse yet you can have the supplier deliberatley make it hard on the fans through a means of artificial scarcity just to keep prices high and this pisses off the poor guys. You guys always complain about George Lucas not releasing original 70s/80s Star Wars (without CG effects placed into everything) to DVD/BluRay/UHD Bluray. Well that is one example. The supplying guy can just be a dick for no reason if they wish. "Greedo shot first because my kids would think Han is a bad man and I am a daddy now so I want fans to only see the censored editions where Han isn't a piece of scum. You deserve the politically correct edition only" :P

related:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Beers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.quora.com/Does-De-Beers-hav ... rust-suits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit:
also on a related topic now that disney owns star wars I predict older movies of Star Wars (pre-disney) may go up in value simply because it will be hard to obtain classic star wars stuff now that new star wars stuff sucks due to SJW ruining the stories. The same will happen for games when all supply is centralised. All the SJW has to do is buy out the game company and delete/edit the history. (much like George Lucas did by erasing the scene where Han shoots first which angered purist fans who prefer the non-CG versions of the OT movies)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Actually, Sea of Thieves looks surprisingly fun. This makes the Game Pass even more tempting. I'm going in... eventually.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Played in the close beta last week and it was damn fun. Especially with a ship load of friends.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah nice! I'm going to convince some mates to get on board then have a night of rum-only to get the setting right.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

So what's the actual deal? If you get the game pass do you still need to buy a gold membership or is that included in the game pass?
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yeah getting mates signed up to game pass, for a 2 week free trial or 11 bucks they can give it a bash, if sea of thieves is any good it might just cement game pass
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

It's happening. And it's ahead of the Switch.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

That's a great idea froggy, will save the two week trial for its release.

And yes Cletus, you will still need to pay for Gold.