Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC, PS4, Xbox One, 13/02/18)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC, PS4, Xbox One, 13/02/18)

Post by Candy Arse »

Game looks great - tested it on my PC monitor last night, will test it out on the big boy TV tonight.

What specs are you running flipswitch? I've got a 1080Ti inside this thing and at max settings I wasn't coming close to sniffing out 60fps at 4K. Will test on the high settings tonight...
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I have my 1440p gsync monitor, however for this game I’m playing on my tv ( FHD) for better performance plus I love playing on the ‘“big screen” where I can sit comfortably with a controller.

Specs, 3770k stock, 980Ti, 16gb ddr3, and Sony W7 FHD on the High settings.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
PhoneMonkey wrote:Is it proper janky?
It is.
Disappointed to hear, but cheers all the same. Sometimes it is so ingrained in the DNA of a game, even the biggest patch can't un-jank it. We'll give it some time.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I watched the release trailer and some other gameplay trailers last night and it all sounds much better. Maybe the jank I heard was placeholder.

Reading some reviews it’s pretty much line-ball with Ambrose’s forecast. PC Gamer gave it 84 saying it’s one of the most rewarding PC RPGs to come along for a while but its tendency to completely break stretches patience.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm really enjoying it! Like a very grounded, and dangerous, version of Skyrim.

Running it 1440p with Very High/Ultra settings gets me a locked 60fps. 4k drops straight to 30fps.

On my big TV 1440p looks really good so I'll take 1440p 60fps over 4k 30fps.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

How are we all going with lock picking? I’m finding it too hard even on the easy ones.. :/
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Hearing there's a quick save mod now has piqued my interest

Bit concerned Candy is only getting 60fps on very high/ultra with a 1080Ti. Probably would have to go medium for 1440p with my 1070
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I've downloaded the quicksave, lockpicking and volumetric fog mods.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

When I get this, and assuming a patch hasn't addressed it by then, I'll definitely install quicksave and lockpicking mods.

500k+ sales already bodes well for future support :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

500k+? Just goes to show how many Skyrim junkies there are out there. Myself included.
Ambrose Burnside

Two days ago they were on track to hit 500k, so I assumed they're beyond that now:
Warhorse Studios' gritty medieval RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance has sold around 500,000 copies in just two days.

Game designer Daniel Vavra broke the news on CzechTV (as reported in Czech newspaper Hospodarske Noviny), revealing the title was on track to break half a million sales at some point today.

The game launched to a mixed reception on February 13, with bugs and performance issues marring what's otherwise been praised as a detail-rich, engrossing experience.

It's also Steam's top selling title at the time of writing, and boasts an all-time concurrent player count of over 75,000 players.
Source
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm loving the scale of the world so far. The towns and villages actually feel appropriately sized. The first main hub (Rattay) feels bigger than even the biggest towns in Skyrim.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

CA, Does the bugginess detract from the enjoyment like people are making out? Will this be the Skyrim methadone I'm after?
Ambrose Burnside

IGN's review:
There’s a shining suit of mail underneath Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s authentically medieval grime. Strong characters and storytelling, one of my favorite first-person melee combat systems ever, and special attention given to building moment-to-moment immersion come together as a mighty alloy that ranks among the most unique, memorable RPGs I’ve played in years. While a lack of technical polish occasionally caused me a good deal of frustration having to replay areas due to a bug or poorly-communicated quest objective, it’s the kind of adventure I didn’t hate replaying.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an RPG that does the medieval era right with a refreshingly small-scale story and strong realistic combat.

8/10
Bugs:
The fantasy breaks down a bit too frequently under the weight of bugs, though. Some are of the goofy, largely unobtrusive sort you’d expect from an open-world game of this size, like a shopkeeper’s head loading in after the rest of their body. But others are less of a laughing matter because they got in the way of gameplay in significant ways. There seems to be a tendency for staircases to randomly decide, “You shall not pass!” and moving between areas of different elevation in general too often results in getting hung up on invisible walls or even stuck entirety.

Worse, a handful of quests in the second and third acts had either broken triggers or missing quest markers, sometimes requiring me to backtrack to a save I made an hour or more ago and choose a different path through a mission to avoid the roadblock. That’s not unusual for a big RPG, but it’s exacerbated by the fact that just about the only ways to save in Kingdom Come are drinking a rare, expensive type of alcohol or sleeping at an inn or brothel. Autosaves are unforgivingly infrequent. Crashes were rare, but when they did happen the autosave system sometimes set me back just as far.
Source

Seems the autosave mod is a must at this point in time.

It's my birthday in April. I might check it out then. Two month's worth of patching should do the game wonders. It's a bloody solid start though :up:

What's the AI like? Anyone got any stories of emergent AI or other cool shit? That's what got me interested in it to begin with.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Metacritic at 77 ( PC) but that doesn’t include IGN’s 8.

User scores on metacritic is 82.

Downloaded the save anywhere mod :)
Ambrose Burnside

Warhorse Studios' Kingdom Come: Deliverance has sold one million units less than two weeks on from its release.

The milestone was celebrated on Twitter by several members of the Warhorse team, including CEO and founder Daniel Vavra and US community manager Rick Lagnese. Kingdom Come Deliverance was published by Deep Silver, and launched for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on February 13.
Impressive!
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I'm not far into this game yet but I'm really enjoying the old school mechanics. It reminds me a lot of Daggerfall actually, because they share a lot of elements. That was the turning point when Elder Scrolls games started being incrementally dumbed down with each instalment.

I haven't encountered any progress-impeding bugs yet so I'm still in the mindset that people who are using the save game mods are just soft, but that will probably change once the game crashes just after I've picked an "easy" lock first try and after an hour of progress.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

1 millions copies sold.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/02/22/kingdo ... on-copies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now bring on the patches! ;).
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Think I'll pick this up when the first big patch hits. Any ETA on it?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Well I believe the game launched with a large 23GB day1 patch, and there are still many more to come.

I wouldn’t worry too much if you’re on PC, because you can download the save anywhere mode and lock picking mods which are very useful.

In terms of bugs, I haven’t found many in 16hrs, but YMMV.
Ambrose Burnside

Note from the developer:

"This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not guaranteed for delivery in this patch )"

Save and Exit functionality
Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
Pickpocket minigame improvement
Alchemy recipe for respec potion
Many quest-related bug fixes

This patch is expected to undergo certification the week of February 26.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Respec potion. Doth yond not diminish thy realism?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Maybe it's like a roofie where you get knocked out and forget everything and have to re-learn it?
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Speaking of Daggerfall I would love to see a procedural generated clone of the game.

Let us climb the bloody walls like we can in zelda botw ffs.. Thieves are fucked in new ES games with less options. We should be able to use grapling hooks and stuff to get to places the other can't and even throw daggers and stuff. Weaklings man...
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Ambrose Burnside

Patch out for PC (consoles to follow). Formatting is messed up:
Patch Notes

The game now has Save and Exit feature.
Saving is much more robust and saves won't get corrupted even if the game crashes while saving.
Performance improved
LoD switching tweaked, reducing pop-in and improving texture streaming.
Stuttering in some areas reduced.
Slightly smoother framerate on Vsync 30. (Consoles and some PCs)
Improved lockpicking
New interface design makes it much easier to hold the sweet spot while turning the lock.
Easy and Very Easy trunks are now easier to lockpick when playing with controller. (Mouse difficulty unchanged)
Improved pickpocketing
You will no longer get caught if you stop at the beginning of the minigame. (Unless someone sees you)
The risk indicator is now much more precise. When green, you are sure not to get caught.
Alchemy bench will no longer shoot you into the air.
The last quest with Lord Capon is now visible on the map when he is ready to assign it to you.
Guards won't frisk you so often.
Your horse shouldn't get stuck when jumping fences.
Horse items are cleaned along with player items in bathhouses.
You can see when looking at a bed whether it will save your game.
You can sleep on beds without having to sit down first.
Levelling up stealth by sneaking past enemies is more consistent.
Sneaking past sleeping NPCs is now easier.
Some easily accessible trunks with extremely good loot have been removed.
Cave mushrooms can now be found in many other damp places.
You can no longer autocook potions that you haven't brewed by hand at least once before.
German voiceovers will no longer cut off in mid-sentence in cutscenes.
Late game player strength tweaked
Some combat perks that were unintentionally overpowered were tuned down.
Weapons scale less with high-level stats.
It should now be much harder to kill high-level enemies with one hit. (Unless they're helmetless.)
Other combat system tweaks
"Untargeted attack" exploit fixed.
Enemy combat archery AI improved.
Guards now react to combat more aggressively.
(PC only) It is now possible to select different types of anti-aliasing.
(PC only) It is now possible to set VSync to 30 or 60, or disable it completely.
(PC only) Steam Cloud saving enabled.
Other quest improvements/fixes.
Improved CPU load balancing--better performance.
Turkish subtitles added.