Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC, PS4, Xbox One, 13/02/18)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC, PS4, Xbox One, 13/02/18)

Post by flipswitch »

Downloaded this early this morning, 5.7gb. Trying it now. My save anywhere mode not working now :(.

Never mind, updated the mod now, working now.

Impressed with the patch, some odd hitching/stutters have gone. On Ultra High, chose the highest AA settings, smaax2, went to Rattay town, even at night with mine other people’s torches, running at 60fps and I can’t see any FPS drops.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Been out for a while now. It got good sales reaching a million.

This game deserves the "best rpg ever for not treating you like a kid" award.

More of this stuff please. Bethesda need to learn from these guys.

worthabuy's reviews/impressions are hilarious:
For those who still haven't bought it, after all this time, check it out. We need more realism in our crpg (although I still think game saving need to be more forgiving.)
It's no secret that over the years people have gotten softcore due to the modern design of triple A games today which want to make the experiences as fast paced as they can to not risk making impatient people bored and losing a sale. The old days of taking a risk and paying dearly for bad choice but having to make the most out of a bad situation are gone (go back and play old games like golden eye on n64 and compare the tension you feel to the non-risky automatic healing you see of today's fps games for example) so it is considered normal to have games play themselves. I think there will be a push back to the older design again where developers want us to figure things out ourselves. The market is big enough now to support all types of different games so it's not a big a gamble to try different things given the way the internet now allows lot of people to see gameplay streams for niche titles easily. Lower budget games with smaller map but interesting core gameplay are fine with me.

related:
SJWs fail to kill people's interest in the game:
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

New patch out on PC, consoles to follow later. 10.7GB. Texture pack is 5.7GB. You’ll find it in the DLC section.

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-come-deliv ... h-1-4-dlc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
General Patch Notes :

New Hair and Beard mechanics.
Customize your style in bathhouses and gain extra charisma with freshly cut hair.
Unarmed mercy kill added for a more “subtile” way to solve quests.
Real Easter eggs added. The hunt for the golden egg can begin!
Traditional Czech Easter-themed weapon to be found, called “Pomlázka”.
Resurrection day is upon us! Some NPCs that have died due to the physics glitches have risen from their graves.
Fixed problems with the “Mightier than the Sword” quest related to the scribe.
Rattay archery competition works on advanced difficulty.
Fixed save issue for the “House of God” quest.
Another 200 major bugs fixed
Free PC DLC - HD Texture and Audio Pack
Nice. We get HD textures packs, just have 1.4 installed first. There’s even HD audio for various languages.
6GB VRAM needed.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Did those who start this finish? I'm revisiting reviews having acquired my comp copy from ol' deep-pockets. The Zero Punctuation review is one of his best. :lol:
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

The town drunk killed me at the very start during the tutorial and I haven't been back :lol:

Kinda annoyed that it's now free, but oh well. Serves me right for not persevering.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I've started this and am enjoying the older style mechanics eg: searching for treasure and actually having to find it vs following quest/map markers. Henry's screen shots don't do him justice. He's actually very likeable. I've accidentally kicked off the A Woman's Lot DLC which is accessible after Henry arrives in Rattay for the first time. I've been playing as Theresa in what feels like another prologue and didn't realise it was DLC until I searched for an image of a map to put up on another display. The DLC story and events flow so well with the early game I suspect it's intended to be played in this order.