Playstation VR

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Playstation VR

Post by Froggy »

So I have been seeing these things going every month or so since Christmas time for a great deal $229 for starter pack + astro bot after Christmas (whether it was actually possible for more than 3 people to get it at this price is another story) but since then regularly down to around $260 - $299 for the starter pack. My question is for anyone on here who got one, how much have you used it or do you even still use it? How many games on the Playstation VR list have you really enjoyed?

I'm asking as it's at the price point that it's real tempting to jump in say if I could get a deal like the JB one after Christmas but I then get stories from people saying they played it for an hour and never again etc so I want to know what some actual people with similar game interests to me think of the unit.

My interest was greatly increased by Ace Combat 7's vr mode but then I saw it was only 3 missions. If they release more VR missions on dlc I might buy one just to play this.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Playstation VR

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Have you tried it? I spent a night with one at a friend's house. I was blown away. The demos are amazing. There's a famous one where you're lowered underwater in a shark cage that made me crap my dacks. Another sees you in a London gangster flick where you're being stood over by a hard cunt as he interrogates you. You know it's not real but your brain can't not respond to what's occurring in front of and around you.

If I had a Playstation I'd get one for that price. Even as a novelty to be wheeled out every now and then it's worth it IMO. Motion sickness warning though. I never get sick playing games but I was getting it bad by the time I was playing the driving games.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I have yet to play No Man's Sky but have been following its progress keenly. It has now shot up to the top of my wishlist:
That seriously looks like my ideal videogame.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Pep have been on the HTC Vive and I loved it but then I thought I'd not be interested in PS VR because of the drop in quality and didn't really give it a second look but since the Christmas price drops I did seriously and I see that with a Pro it's a pretty good set up but I'm just not sure unlike PC on content and if you know it's used a lot. I think I'll most likely jump in at 250 - 300 when it drops again, just missed the last lot of sales last week.

A game that for some unknown reason I thought was cool was Groundhog Day lol
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Peppermint Lounge wrote: Even as a novelty to be wheeled out every now and then it's worth it IMO.
I have one and agree with this completely. The effect is amazing, it's better quality than I expected but you can't do it for very long as it's hard on your eyes. It's great for short "acardey" type experiences. Also no good in hot weather as that helmet will melt your face and the lens will fog.

Looking forward to "wheeling" mine out again now the weather has cooled.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

My lenses would fog up shortly after use which was really annoying.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Have you tried it? I spent a night with one at a friend's house. I was blown away. The demos are amazing. There's a famous one where you're lowered underwater in a shark cage that made me crap my dacks. Another sees you in a London gangster flick where you're being stood over by a hard cunt as he interrogates you. You know it's not real but your brain can't not respond to what's occurring in front of and around you.
The Deep Dive in the Shark Cahe is great to show people with no VR experience. I gave one of my mates a little grab in the stomach when the shark came for the cage, he shat himself. That London Heist is quite good. I had a massive grin on my face during the last section in the van on the motorway. You can lean out the window and look behind, popping off the enemy. Definitely need Move controllers though, two of them.

The starter pack is a good score. I also got Tetris Worlds or whatever it is for Xmas from my Secret Santa. I have Astro Bot, RE7 and a couple of others. VR and Astro Bot gave me the same next gen game play feeling as Mario 64 did the first time I played them. Great value, feels like a separate console to me.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I've had one since launch and my standout titles are re7, farpoint, rush of blood and skyrim. haven't played it for a couple of months as I've been too busy but hopefully in winter i'll get some more time.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Been playing the latest release Blood & Truth tonight, starts out a little slow with lot of sitting down & listening to npcs but slowly the action sections get longer and longer. Just finished an epic battle starting in a building lot and working my way into a derelict building. There's climbing on scaffolding, shimmying up drain pipes, lots of dual wielding shooting sections and ending with an epic running scene while a crane smashes through the building and leaping off into a container.

The game is basically that London Heist mini game on the Playstation Worlds disc but on a much larger scale. Game has been getting some great reviews. Yeah, game is on rails but the ducking and shooting for cover sections soon eliminates the feel of being guided through.

If you got VR then this is an awesome game to own, just as long as you have 2 Move controllers as they are compulsory (Dualshock not supported). Also has a mode for making the experience a lot more comfortable. A full on 2 hour session and I not once felt woozy like I have with 20mins of other games.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.