Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by Candy Arse »

unfnknblvbl wrote:
ghed.png
instant regret.jpg
:lol:

I've put him back on ignore again. He can happily discuss bugs in console games by himself :lol:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:
unfnknblvbl wrote:
ghed.png
instant regret.jpg
:lol:

I've put him back on ignore again. He can happily discuss bugs in console games by himself :lol:
You can certainly put me on ignore but the arguments you make still haven't convinced me to agree with you on shit.
Games on peasant machines are smooth. You are not unbiased because you haven't played this. The Digital Foundry article says the port on console were good. Should we just automatically trust you over those who compared it already? Anyway when red dead redemption 2 comes out I will be happy buying the console release again, and I hope you don't suddenly attack the peasant platforms because they may be 1 little glitch or bug and claim victory. Look the point I was making was Zelda BOTW and many open world games do not need to be buggy messes if we as consumer let these companies take their sweet time and polish things. The reason for bugs is companies rush shit out and I was disapointed by no carving animations and this is valid criticism.

We have to pressure these guys to care about this to lift standards. Anyway I think this game is selling well enough for them to bother patching and fixing and adding shit. Thankfully the initial complaints will be addressed. (I don't agree that having lots of patrols ruins this game like other though. It's part of the atmosphere of being oppressed. The more they dominate the land the more frequent the patrols because it's an expression of the power of the bad guy. Once you liberate that portion of the map the area becomes mostly resistence fighter patrolling just like old saints row games. So when a bad guy enters that zone, the resistence kills them on the spot. It's design choice not a flaw of the game. It's just bad player who don't understand how to crouch behind trees and bushes to avoid detection and think stealth is for pussies. IT's an ego thing. Just like PC gamers not accepting that many indie developers are leaving steam to put their games on nintendo platforms because it makes their games easy to find. If you fix a problem you don't lose money. But you have to first admit there is a flaw first and swallow your pride before you finally correct the problem you created. And then you get better metacritic scores. (with the exception of SJW rating down games based on SJW idealogy but these guys will be dealt with soon as more people wake up to the corruption of their practices and stop supplying them with support to starve them of income like youtube is now starving youtubers with non-left views are doing right now and causing them all to go to bitchute)

You know how bethesda released skyrim and people said the combat felt floaty when using melee weapons? Well it's a similar thing with no carving animation in Far Cry 5. I want to see visual representation of m character taking chunk of fur or meat from the animals like the last games. There is no reason to take it out. And for those who think it was repetitive then the developers can put an option to allow a player to remove that animation to speed up the game just like we can remove the enemy tagging aid to stop people cheating by letting them have x-ray vision to see enemies through walls and shit. So easy...
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

True unbiased review of far cry 5:
This is the best far cry of all the previous ones in terms of the gameplay. It's got a better map with more diverse environment. It has better gunplay and sound. The co-op alone makes it better. And the level of enemy density makes this much more oppressive than the last one. (forcing people to think more stealthy now rather than a typical run and gun game like Doom. (the dickheads on forums complaining about too many trucks are just shit at the game lol)
What it's weak in is that it still doesn't have a villain as good as Vaas and the presentation isn't as good where you get minimovies telling you how to do the takedowns and teaching the player things. But the game is much better overall than 3 imo. (go back and play it again. It's aged pretty bad)

how to improve the series more:
The 6th game should be roaming around the city to take down the NWO who have robot drones to replace soldiers and you use futuristic versions of things like the bow and the knife to silently take down the android soldiers. You command robot dogs and use a powered armor (like Samus Aran) to compensate for the polluted environment of the future. Make the future really dark. Like Gotham City but Batman is dead and the Joker actually won and his criminal empire runs everything. You are the last non-crazy guy left in the city.
You are in a place where games are held to see which suburbs in the city are the best and the insane villain pits the various people against each other in competitions and the people are way too scared to fight against the dictator so they are reporting you to the government so the villain can find and kill you. In the future you can have beam saber to cut the robots, control other robot by hacking them, and explore underground bases where the resistence is run to ally with them. The second half of the game is the resistence trying to kill you after you are betrayed and sucessfully killed the dictator. They are afraid of how powerful you have gotten and their leader of the resistence doesn't want you as leader. (think of these as the anti-gun group in america that wants to ban weapons) So you take down the resistence and restore order to the world with a splinter group of the resistence who are loyal to you and believe in constitutional freedoms. (you give up the suit and hide it away in a hidden area of a forest to be guarded by trusted friends like the Master Sword in Zelda games and the game ends)

Unlike previous Far Cry games this futuristic guerilla warfare game can actually justify why the player can see through walls and shit because of implants and external wearable tech. It's Ubisoft's answer to Perfect Dark. (mixed with a bit of HomeFront and Red Dawn) "When the government goes rogue, who can you trust? Other people? Your weapons? Your friends? your allies? Know what it means to survive."

The message of the game is no one is trustworthy due to mass mind control of the entire population. You are the "Neo" of the game and only a tiny fraction of the population is woke enough to fight. Most people are half transhumanist puppets and slaves to the invasive technology which has taken over their nervous system and let the coporation control people's bodies like Doctor Octopus in the second Tobey McGuire Spiderman movie, ...and the other half are mutants from the biological experimentation done on the population to make cheap weapons to fight when resources become too scarce to create new robot soldiers which are expensive. The few that survive which were not puppets of the mind control tech, and poison, are the only ones who are sane enough to fight back because they didn't eat the poisoned food, (farmed their own) inhale the chemtrails (they had the gasmasks so no nanobots in their system), or believe the propganda posters on the walls and billboards (underground newspaper/alternative news).

The religion of the future is the worship of the state. (criticism of the leaders is not allowed. Youtube is censored and people with controversial views are shadowbanned - this will send a message about society today which is becoming more and more politically correct and comedians can't even joke about the fucked up society they live in.) What the "ministry of Truth" says must be true because the government said it. Nobody is allowed to question if it's real and journalists are burnt at the stake in public like witches in past times.
Social media is where young people of today seem to get all their news from. And this is where the old propaganda creators are now migrating slowly now, putting everyone back to square one again of censored speech like back in the days of mainstream TV and radio as the source of information and news.

They've already made a Far Cry in the caveman days. Now it's time to visit the future.(not as retro 80s DLC game but fullblown far cry game this time where guns are banned, criminals are the leaders, and technology is used to oppress people instead of free them because freedom is too dangerous for the control freaks to allow people to have)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Not feeling like buying this at its current price, going to wait for a sale. In the meantime playing through Farcry 3 on the PC. I only ever played it on the PS3 and didn't really enjoy it too much for whatever reason. Playing it in 2018 with ultra settings the game looks surprisingly good. Might pick up Blood Dragon at some point as well.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Far Cry 5

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Hit me up for co-op if you want to have a bash. I’m keen. :up:

Having finished the campaign I’m going through the Hurk/Monkey Business DLC missions at the moment. They’re great.

Still a beautiful game turned right up. Background scenery is too blurred but everything else is excellent, especially character models. Main character models anyway.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Far Cry 5 is selling well.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/far-cr ... or-ubisoft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Told you it was good candy arse you snob! The public has responded by voting with their wallets. They followed nintendo's lead by only telling you information when necessary which makes the game feel more organic for those who hated the idea of GPS map with icon which just made them stare at the bottom of the screen all the time and walk in a straight line to get to the location without even bothering to look up.

Ubisoft is kicking arse with AssCreed Origins and this.

For those who were on the fence, just ebrent the game. Play it and see if it is good and if not, return it. Also I think there are public libraries these days that let you borrow video games.
If the game sucked, I'd tell you. Don't trust candy arse or giant bomb. Trust in your own experience over theirs. You can trust ACG though.

I have been following the main thread on resetera and most people think it's great in gameplay with the story being the weak part. We'll never get a villain as good as Vaas again. Ubisoft is not stupid: they are not going to put an 'antigun' and 'anti-white man living inthe country' message in a game primarily aimed at people who buy guns and play shooters you fucking idiots. That would be business suicide. And we all know SJWs DO NOT BUY THE THINGS THEY COMPLAIN OF. So of course they are not going to take too strong a stance against the conservative and put liberals in a location where they don't even live in real life to be inclusive you douche. Time for companies to stop caving into the pressure of the cultural marxist who just want to destroy society. (eg putting female soldiers in COD WWII which is not authentic is offensive to veterans who fought in the war imo)

The game deserves it's sucess and I can sense all the SJW reviewer (ie polygon) are not happy about this game getting attention. They hoped the public would listen to them instead of make up their own minds. :up:
Last edited by GameHED on 05 Apr 2018 03:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Hit me up for co-op if you want to have a bash. I’m keen. :up:

Having finished the campaign I’m going through the Hurk/Monkey Business DLC missions at the moment. They’re great.

Still a beautiful game turned right up. Background scenery is too blurred but everything else is excellent, especially character models. Main character models anyway.
For sure, I’m around most nights. I loved the coop part of Farcry 4, more than the actual game itself :up:
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Protip: There is a lot of fun attaching remote explosives to boomer's butt, commanding him chase down a target then blowing up the explosive. Sounds very cruel but effective. Imagine if this game was too realistic and you saw the dogs guts fly everywhere? This is why videogames need to be fun not too serious and grounded in realism. For all the complaints people make about the game not being serious enough in tone, I say "make the game fun, then we take it seriously". If they made a far cry with more cartoony violence (like warner bros toons) I think that would be an interesting experiment. The formula is getting a stale now. The highlight of the game is your companions and their conversations. (Hurk is the best one) They should work on developing funny and interesting followers from now on so you develop a bit of a bond to them.
I'm thinking something akin to what you see in Expendables or Lethal Weapon action comedy so you are smiling while you kill truckloads of people. Maybe in future DLC.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Saw that. Farcry 2 would be more awesome without the constant malaria debuff.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Far Cry 2 was pretty awesome even with it.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Far Cry 2 needs to be re-released in remaster form on console. Only update it with the ability to kick open doors like Far Cry 5. Man I love the feeling of doors swinging open violently when I kick them. Also kicking a dead guy and seeing the body slide all over the place. IT's that visual feedback that makes the game feel fun.
The map being a physical object that your character has to unfold and the rusted guns jamming from 2 was something I can say right now wouldn't go down well with today's gamers given how annoyed they were with the density of enemy patrols in 5. (they still have to learn to use bushes for visual cover to keep low profile. They treat far cry too much like GTA game and not stealthy fps) Can you imagine looking down at the map and being killed by random animals and enemy and then they give it a 4 out of 10 on user review just because they think it is unfair? People's patience has gotten worse since those days... Open World games have gone from being simmy into more arcadey experiences to appease the run and gun crowd who just wants to have casual fun over the 'careful planner' guy with realistic playstyle who scouts area out with binoculours first, then makes a plan on how to attack and then executes that plan in hopes of getting out alive. IT's just that players have evolved. For example stuff like the original metroid 2 had slow pace with scary atmosphere to tell you its story anddrip feed that to the player and the new remake on 3DS added arcadey QTE shit. Why is that? because people are less patient these days.
Last edited by GameHED on 06 Apr 2018 02:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flipswitch
que
que

Far Cry 5

Post by flipswitch »

FC2 was more of a survival game, right? It has been nearly a decade since I played it, but the current FC’s play completely different. Is this correct?

I remember the malaria and the guns jamming :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

You can still play it in a simmy way but you have so much toys now like helicopter pilots and CPU bots to assist you. For instance when you solo the game you are genuinely frightened when they send planes out to kill you and you are in an open space with no hiding spots. But when you don't solo the game there are followers who can fly and shoot them down for you when you add a gun-for-hire to follow you. (that's where it get more GTA5 ish because some of the work is done for you by the extra guy you bring along in the squad which makes it feel a bit more like a squad shooter because now you have less to worry about and don't have to hide as often, plus more ammo to play the game more liberally)

You could say 5 feels like Saints Row 2 when you have homies. But when you solo it becomes more like survival because you are by yourself, usually always outnumbered and outgunned, with less resources, and therefore stealth is a must if you want to survive. There are drugs to take to enhance your resistence to damage and stuff that can help, but for the most part you are much more vulnerable if you don't use gun for hire and this then makes the game more of a stealth action game because you feel restricted.

Also some of the gun for hire have perks eg a guy might have very fast healing ability, or gather lots of skins from animals for you, or when they see a plant they immediately grab the herbs for you. These are things you would do yourself if you solo and if you are under attack and nobody is watching your back and the enemy is using a LMG, they can quickly deplete that health bar.

The armor piercing rounds help and using explosives to deal with enemy with heavy armor helps but you still have more to do in solo which pushes you to stay hidden (which is more simmy because you have limited ammo so you don't want to waste it all when you can sneak up and break a guy's neck) and rely on takedowns and setting traps (eg getting their attention and then blowing up the thing near them to get group death) more than letting another person win the outpost for you. When you have partner/guns-for-hire it feels like a casual fun shooter. When you are by yourself, you don't get the funny chatter and conversations and CPU just doing tasks automatically which; when activated, makes the game more like arcadey action game.

for eg, why would you need to scan for enemy patrol and kill the sniper when a gun for hire can just fly a chopper in and shoot all the snipers and shit for you, or at least draw their attention/fire away from you? So when you go solo you care about shit like not being seen. (Far Cry 2) When you don't, the game just feels less tactical imo. (the CPU buddy can just revive you and you encouraged to be more reckless. CPU buddy also revive each other too. This gives you more toys to play with but you lose the fear of being seen/detected from old games)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

2hrs in, feels boring, bland and generic.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

flipswitch wrote:2hrs in, feels boring, bland and generic.
Sounds like every Ubisoft AAA game
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

WD2,AC:O are far superior in every way.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

pilonv1 wrote:
flipswitch wrote:2hrs in, feels boring, bland and generic.
Sounds like every Ubisoft AAA game
They are trying to improve though. They listened to critics about too many towers in all the games.

Ass Creed Origins was a good overhaul of the franchise.

I think they know they got to lift the quality up and are at least trying. Can't say the same about EA with Mass Effect. (each game gets worse)

Whereas with Far Cry 5 the overall gameplay is superior to prior Far Cry games despite lacking the details of 2 (ie damage modeling on cars and trees etc) Comparing the gamplay of Far Cry 2 is like comparing Saints Row 1 to Saints row 2. The world map is far more varied in 5 than previous far cry games where the entire map looked the same no matter what region you were in. Those who don't like ubisoft games in general are not going to have their minds changed with Far Cry 5 but those who are fans of open world are going to enjoy actual exploration in this game than in any previous far cry games with their boring map. (do the prepper stash missions to see some mild puzzle solving) The open world genre is very crowded now so we are also more jaded than ever when ubisoft released new ones. Their own games compete against each other so we have higher standards than the past. A 8/10 game of the past would be a 6/10 today. (I call this 'score inflation') Zelda BOTW changed everything. :P

BTW you can't blame a game ifthe environment is boring sometimes. If the game is based on a real place like this game, then it has to stick with what that place looks like in real life. (people who have been there in real life will get the most out of that) The same problem happened with fallout where people complained new vegas was boring with no activity. Uhhhhh it's loyal to the desert area of the place its based on. Plus it's post apoc game. You shouldn't expect much colour in desert and the game wants you to feel isolated. The gameplay is far more important.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Wow got this in my youtube sidebar thing when looking for steve quayle stuff:
I just couldn't resist putting it in a far cry thread after they had a bigfoot mission. Some scary stuff if true. If those soldiers want to tell the story they should publish an ebook and have hollywood make a re-enactment of the events. Nothing the illuminati can do against people searching for truth on the paranormal. They try to cover up the archealogical findings on the giants and antideluvian world but God wants the truth revealed. Satan can't do shit. The beings were made invisible to protect people going insane. Any time the veil can be removed. (Israelites had to kill these giant with primitive weapons in old testament days with the holy spirit as the guide)
The problem with modern world is nobody accepts supernatural explanation for superhuman strength and speed. We have satellites, drones, choppers etc and yet the monster still evades your tech when it wants to. Could the iluminati want DNA sample of these hybrids so they can own them? It's probably them resisting being controlled by men. You go to the mountains they have no other remote spots to hang out. Offspring of the hybrid fallen angel with human women is dying race. (like saiyans race in dragon ball z who can transform into giant were-apes on a full moon) Capturing the remains and keeping them hidden sounds like something the vatican would do. (the pope would be Frieza trying to control the race due to being a threat to it power)

By the way still playing FC5. I still consider this the best one. Peppermint Lounge: you like those tower climbing pakour missions? Well to me the prepper missions are way better/more varied. They are like mini platformer adventure games.

canadian bigfoot attack:
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Far Cry 3 and 4 are 60% off on Steam. Just picked up the Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition for ~$18 because it seems that a lot of people consider it the best in the series, and I wasn't prepared to pay full price for Far Cry 5 (even though I reckon I'll love the GameHED-inspired nutjob baddies of Far Cry 5).
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:up: Great bargain, just love the tropical setting
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Far Cry 5

Far Cry 3 is a masterpiece. I’ll always have it installed so hit me up for the coop missions anytime. :up:
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I keep getting an error "The Far Cry 3 service is not available. Please try again later."

:(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Ubisoft run regular scheduled maintenance on their servers. Probably that.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Just checked. Definitely that.