E3 2018

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: E3 2018

Post by GameHED »

I think Candy is the crazy one. You think you are unbiased when you haven't even seen gameplay footage of Cyberpunk 2077. It could be shit like No Man's Sky or never come out like Star Citizen. Why are they hiding it? Because it's possible that they feel it might suck so they only let certain people see it behind closed doors.
Sound like a bunch of gushing fanboys. Are they sure they weren't shown agents of mayhem as a joke? How do we know these aren't paid shills that CDPR paid to say positive things about the game? Get it out in the public. :down: It can't look any worse than a Wii U game like Zelda BOTW which was Game of the generation. People want gameplay footage.

Actually give Joe Rogan a copy to review the game using old quake references to describe it. That would be more entertaining. Old guys talking about games who haven't bought new ones since 1999 would give us more honest opinion.
"setting up a LAN" holy shit that was when pc was the king and SJW didn't ruin them. not like today when people cheer at boring cutscenes and preorder shit without even knowing if the game is real
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

flipswitch wrote:We should forward all his post over the years to a physiologist to get a better judgment. I don’t think GameHED is mentally-fit to self diagnose himself.
No he's clearly way too far gone, but I think there could be some light entertainment in the rest of us attempting to diagnose him.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

This is blatant bullying. Sort yourself out, Candy.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I just realised I typed physiologist instead of psychologist, so I apologise to all physiologist I have offended.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Anyway, Remedy have stated in the past that they would like to flesh out their gameplay mechanics, or at least they were stating that's the feedback they've received from Quantum Break. I guess that's Control. I'll be in.

Pretty stoked about Nier Automata getting boned. Loved the way Cyberpunk was introduced but the trailer didn't do a whole lot for me. I'm sure my hype levels will change at some point.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Madmya wrote: Pretty stoked about Nier Automata getting boned. Loved the way Cyberpunk was introduced but the trailer didn't do a whole lot for me. I'm sure my hype levels will change at some point.
Yeah PC version had a lot of issues and wasn't cheap, glad I held off and the bone version appeared with DLC included, I preordered so fingers crossed it's good.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

What issues? Works fine for me.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Performance problems, stutters and hitches. People have been screaming for a patch on steam forums for ages.

https://www.pcgamer.com/nier-automata-s ... ths-later/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/its-r ... hed-on-pc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/nier ... -controls/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/d ... 870690861/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Probably. I doubt they used D3D12, so their global illumination shader will have the same bottleneck as it does on PC. PS4 gets away with this without performance problems because it can read/write the same resource in compute and pixel shaders simultaneously.

It's purely an API limitation, sadly. Our hardware is capable of this, but D3D11 doesn't let you read and write an Unordered Access View at the same time a pixel shader is using it. GL, Vulkan and D3D12 do as well as the PS4's graphics API.

So we have an unintended situation where drawing shadows (pixel shader) and global illumination (compute shader) take turns trading GPU time every frame. In the PS4 version, they run in parallel. The compute shader has unpredictable runtime, so it completely derails performance in D3D11.
Basically PC version doesn't use async compute, consoles can do this easily since their respective APIs allow this and the hardware supports it properly.

Quantum break is a perfect example of that, where the PC version suffered a lot of stutter issue and stalls because of the async compute for the GI and required exceptionally beefy hardware to run well.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Never had an issue, 60fps and above. Consistently good experience
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

On top of the Empire State Building. Has to the most detailed in-game rendition of NY.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

That's on rails according to lestat therefore not impressive.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Why didn't they show that at the conference instead of the boring on rails sequence? That looks impressive.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Of all 3 platform holder's presentations.

MS had most of the games I'm keen on, but all of them are multiplatform and can be played on PS4/PC. In other words, they haven't done shit to convince me to jump into their ecosystem. Don't care about Ninja theory either so their prospective first party lineup hasn't improved at all to my eyes.

Sony's conference was horrible pacing wise, but it had quite a few games I want and are actually exclusive to their system. Some of the PSVR stuff looks great like the new From adventure game.

Nintendo whilst lacking in content had 3 exclusive games I'm keen on.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

The current ethos of Microsoft is to bring practically everything to PC, so if you've got a gaming-capable PC you could say you'll never have a reason to get an Xbox.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

I guess that's true.

The issue is that even owing a gaming capable PC on Windows 7, I don't feel I miss out on much since I have no interest in their first party offerings this gen.

It was the opposite last gen when MS funded a lot more varied games (especially their Japanese games)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yeah you are correct klee and it's the reason I keep going back to the Brand image argument.

Without strong branding people have no reason to feeling emotionally invested in the survival of your brand. It's what differentiates the old console wars of the past to ones of today.

MS just see their machine as a way to deliver content. But without content people care about why care about MS speicifically? Nintendo is all about exclusives, sony has third parties like MS, and exclusives, so MS needs to step up their game if they wish to survive. They have the advantage of having the more high spec machine right now, but as we all know developers factor into whether you ALSO have high userbase.

Next Gen they have to have solid original shit like what they did with Sunset Overdrive. More of that shit, crackdown, and maybe even clone of really good stuff would be needed to gain loyalty points with MS Xbots. Sony did clones of shit in the past that were decent and they are very hardcore gamer aware. Eg Bloodborne is exclusive and is their version of the Souls games that is specifically sony title. Why can't microsoft do this by getting a team to make exclusive xbox branded games to challenge sony? Did they lose their testicles? Why cancel Scalebound? They need to identify their own weaknesses and fix them not just watch as sony clobber them to bits and risk losing their userbase to sony because the Xbox One kid decided forza wasn't enough to keep him away from God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and all the linear shit at e3 sony was showing off.

It's about content that you can't get on the other guy's machine. That's how you maintain your userbase so they are loyal. You can have loads of buyers but if they convert to the other team you are fucked.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto