Wiimote Woundup

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Yep! I'd like to see it again now that they have the pointer working too.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Sonic Jam wrote:MX is definitely not joking so I don't see how OTM t0mby can be.

I don't have anything against MX's view regarding the wii infact I agree with alot of it. He's definitely NOT joking in that post so I think t0mby is misunderstanding the situation.
Im not, I mean, I saw what he said, know that hes trying to troll, I just wouldnt bite. I see someone doing a 'Rocco' so see it as joking. [/End Debate]

Ok, so this wiimote emulation thing. WIth the pointer being fixed up, I can see a lot of ppl becoming more interested. Actually, It would be pretty cool to see someone rip the wiimote apart and attach it to a gun of some smort, air rifle, Namco TC gun or something and play a fps game witht that. Infact, if you had the smarts I could imagine it being pretty freakin' cool. A couple of buttons on the grip of the gun for change weapon next.previous. RUn and jump on that little whatchamacallit that the wiimote plugs into. Awesome. perhaps put one of those laser pointers on the top of the pistol so you can feel like Stallone in Cobra. :D)
Last edited by t0mby on 09 Dec 2006 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Hahaha, it's like Days of Our fucking Lives.

SJ, imagine reading this thread from the perspective of someone that's interested in the thread topic. You've filled it up with shit again, as usual. This is why I requested an ignore feature a while back, so I could filter the shit you (and a few others) dribble into cyberspace and go back to the days of threads being a straight-forward read about something rather than being peppered (or more often swamped) with stupid bullshit. You spend more time talking about threads than contributing to them. I can enjoy the politics at this place as much as the next guy, I'm just asking for one thread.

I'd love to see Wii emulation on PC/Mac, but I'm much more excited about the homebrew scene surrounding the controller. I've seen a few different concerts and demonstrations that used motion sensors to control musical parameters, there's a lot going on in that scene. That drum video's a good start, but there's plenty of non-percussive ways to use it as an instrument too.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Yep cos I definitely started to fill this thread with shit.

Oh wait a sec, that was you and Seraph.

Maybe if you just let people discuss stuff related to the topic at hand (Wiimote working on PC/Mac as it relates to homebrew and emulation and anything else) we'd still be discussing the topic at hand.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Im agreeing with Gamm0r here - if people want this thread cleaned up of all OT discussion then ask myself of pilon. Same goes for all threads anyway.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

i still dont know if i like the idea of this remote system, i mean for sport game and swords games yeah but for first person shooter and 3rd person i just don t see my self using a remote
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Pat wrote:Im agreeing with Gamm0r here - if people want this thread cleaned up of all OT discussion then ask myself of pilon. Same goes for all threads anyway.
Do it.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Not sure if its been posted....

The Wii Power Glove

http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/12/09/wii-power-glove/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

So, my phone can see the Wiimote, but can't pair with it because it asks for a passcode. Anybody got any idea as to how to bypass this?
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

have you tried obvious ones like 0000 or 1234?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard