View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Oct 2017 06:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Wiimote Woundup 
Dot Eater

Oh, my sides. Reckon you morons could keep your inane trolling to one of the countless other threads? This is actually a really interesting and relevant thread for me, can we keep just one shit-free? Probably not, this is GR.

Talez wrote:
May I present for your approval...

The Wii drum machine demo!

That's ace. I think I'm going to have to get into GlovePIE, the scripts look pretty straightforward. Wiimote support and MIDI output options... Sounds like a recipe for good times. I might start planning some small audio toys/games soon, hopefully I'll have the time next year to get something together. The tactile nature of it would work well with some of the older ideas I've experimented with too.

Are you likely to get into any of this h4><0ring yourself Talez, or are you an enthused tech-spectator? :)

08 Dec 2006 11:06 am
The only seraph on the internet.

Gamertag: Seraphcon V
Oh, my sides. Reckon you morons could keep your inane trolling to one of the countless other threads? This is actually a really interesting and relevant thread for me, can we keep just one shit-free? Probably not, this is GR.

Don't fret, Gamma. There's a tried and tested method for solving this problem. Just keep on trolling right back, accusing, insulting and slurring, and eventually they'll snap, earning themselves a banning.

And if that doesn't work, just say that if they aren't banned you and your friends will leave GR. That'll do the trick, guaranteed.

08 Dec 2006 11:13 am
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Yep cos it's definitely trolling to discuss the reality that the wii is using gamecube architecture at higher clocks, and now the control is working on PC.

1 + 1 = 2, the idea of a wii emulator is not far fetched at all if you consider 100% of the work done towards any cube emulator is now applicable to a wii emulator, it's like the emu guys just got a 5 year headstart including all PC advances made in that time.

If they can make a mostly working/speedy PS2 emulator I don't see why what lestat is talking about is impossible in the near future.

08 Dec 2006 11:34 am
The only seraph on the internet.

Gamertag: Seraphcon V
Gamma has his answer, and it's a resounding No.

08 Dec 2006 11:36 am

You're a moron if you think it's trolling to discuss something like that.

Beyond moron.

08 Dec 2006 11:47 am
Choc #2
Choc #2

Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States
Are you likely to get into any of this h4><0ring yourself Talez, or are you an enthused tech-spectator? :)

A little from column A, a little from column B. I've gotten stuff working on my Powerbook but I still need to wait for pay day before I can buy a new Bluetooth adapter for my PC and try all this stuff out.

Sonic Jam wrote:
You're a moron if you think it's trolling to discuss something like that.

Beyond moron.

He's not saying its trolling. He just wants everyone to piss all over waggle in another thread perhaps dedicated to pissing all over waggle.

08 Dec 2006 11:56 am
Profile WWW

Cos clearly discussing how the most complicated piece of the wii has been emulated and how that could change things has no place in this thread Talez, I didn't see any of it as pissing on waggle.

And even if they were pissing on waggle wouldn't that fall under discussion of the topic aswell?

The only thing I can remotely see as trolling or pissing on waggle for the hell of it (as in not just discussion of the topic) is a single joke made in this thread that one person laughed at, then discussion continued as normal.

DAMN TROLLS!

08 Dec 2006 12:05 pm
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Fuck pissing on Waggle. I'm interested in the fact I can use waggle for more than party games and Zelda if I chose.

Now I get the choice of using waggle on a PC with all the awesome games it has plus playing zelda on a Cube I already own and to take it one step further I imagine a cube emulator must be well in the works and from there all you need is a little more grunt and you have a wii emulator.

It's called joining the dots and as Sonic pretty much said is well on target for this thread.

08 Dec 2006 12:21 pm
Cheats

Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
Man, its like every month there is a new subject to bitch and moan over. Last month it was PS3 screens with some members going right off the rails. Now its trolling accusations.

I dont really see anyone actually trolling [in this thread] here.Pppl have voiced their opinions and those who dont agree (who are almost coming across as irate fanboys tttt) are up in arms its trolling. Moan there is no free speech, and when it is, moan about that too. More like free f**king speech when it suits you*. Ffs, whats going on lately?

*Not aimed at anyone, just explaining.

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.

Currently playing: Yakuza 0

08 Dec 2006 01:04 pm
Profile WWW
googlebomber
googlebomber

Gamertag: unfunk
Mii: 3DS: 3797-6243-7145
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl
Ffs, whats going on lately?

A new console launch?

08 Dec 2006 01:15 pm
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Gamertag: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: m00nwalker
The only thing "wound up" around here is Nintendo fans. Relax guys. :)

08 Dec 2006 01:19 pm
Profile WWW
LOUD NOISES

What was the state of gamecube emulation anyway? Or wasnt it ever popular enough for anyone to bother? lol

08 Dec 2006 01:44 pm
Profile WWW

Some people claimed some stuff but nothing has ever really come about yet, and it's not surprising if you consider PS2 emulation (older machine, 1 billion times the interest factor) is only now just coming good.

08 Dec 2006 01:46 pm
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League

Gamertag: mxlegend
What was the state of gamecube emulation anyway? Or wasnt it ever popular enough for anyone to bother? lol

Nintendo just released a new console that emulates the Gamecube. Unfortunately its controls are inferior though.

08 Dec 2006 01:47 pm
Profile WWW
LOUD NOISES

Some people claimed some stuff but nothing has ever really come about yet, and it's not surprising if you consider PS2 emulation (older machine, 1 billion times the interest factor) is only now just coming good.

Yeah but the PS2 is a pretty tough architecture to emulate. Gamecube/Wii look pretty simple in comparison.

08 Dec 2006 01:52 pm
Profile WWW

Kabal wrote:

Nintendo just released a new console that emulates the Gamecube. Unfortunately its controls are inferior though.

^ This is trolling, see the comparison lads?

Yes Kabal this is true, but there are only so many people in the 'scene' and I guess the most interesting console is the PS2 for them.

It's not like there was NO progress on cube though, but I imagine it will still be some time till it's upto scratch, and then a while longer while they get it working with the faster wii.

Last edited by Sonic Jam on 08 Dec 2006 01:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

08 Dec 2006 01:55 pm
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Gamertag: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: m00nwalker
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/ga ... lphin.html

08 Dec 2006 01:56 pm
Profile WWW
Choc #2
Choc #2

Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

08 Dec 2006 02:00 pm
Profile WWW
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Wiimote works on a PC. You can play PC games using said wiimote.

From there we start to explore the possibilty of a GC/Wii emulator as that is the next logical step...

Thread on target Talez having a hissy.

Or are you sad that your shitty mac wont ever see a decent emu?

08 Dec 2006 02:09 pm
Cheats

Gamertag: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Mii: GenerationX_2k
Steam ID: Gen X
mxlegend99 wrote:
Kabal wrote:

Nup, I see someone joking around and then I see ppl who cant tqake a joke bite back because their system of choice is being talked down. Ppl are going to say that sort of shit because the graphical diffenerence between Nintendo generations isnt huge like 360 and PS3. Nintendo have opted to make an affordable console with new a new 'innovative' feature but for some reason, for a majority of ppl, gameplay just doenst come first anymore.

selfish wrote:
Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.

Currently playing: Yakuza 0

08 Dec 2006 02:25 pm
Profile WWW
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

PSN ID: selfish3US
Gamma wrote:

Don't fret, Gamma. There's a tried and tested method for solving this problem. Just keep on trolling right back, accusing, insulting and slurring, and eventually they'll snap, earning themselves a banning.

And if that doesn't work, just say that if they aren't banned you and your friends will leave GR. That'll do the trick, guaranteed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

t0mby wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:
mxlegend99 wrote:
[quote="Kabal"]What was the state of gamecube emulation anyway? Or wasnt it ever popular enough for anyone to bother? lol

Nup, I see someone joking around and then I see ppl who cant tqake a joke bite back because their system of choice is being talked down. Ppl are going to say that sort of shit because the graphical diffenerence between Nintendo generations isnt huge like 360 and PS3. Nintendo have opted to make an affordable console with new a new 'innovative' feature but for some reason, for a majority of ppl, gameplay just doenst come first anymore.[/quote]OTM. I might add though, that gameplay comes first for most people who aren't "gamers".

08 Dec 2006 06:07 pm
Profile WWW

MX is definitely not joking so I don't see how OTM t0mby can be.

I don't have anything against MX's view regarding the wii infact I agree with alot of it. He's definitely NOT joking in that post so I think t0mby is misunderstanding the situation.

08 Dec 2006 06:19 pm
LOUD NOISES

for a majority of ppl, gameplay just doenst come first anymore.

But theres no reason why you cant have graphics AND gameplay.. ie 360 or PS3 :)

08 Dec 2006 07:04 pm
Profile WWW
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Will you sooks keep it to the "In Response to Seraph" (PC kids unite) thread please?

We are trying to discuse other uses of the Wiimote here!

08 Dec 2006 07:32 pm
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated

Gamertag: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside
I thought HL2 looked quite cool with the Wiimote. Awkward, but cool :redface:

08 Dec 2006 07:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next