t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: First Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay

Post by t0mby »

/preorders
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

In GTAO, Maude will message you to kill 5 bail jumpers. Kill them and you get a stone tomahawk. Kill 25 NPCs with that axe and you unlock it in Red Dead. In GTAO it's a one-hit kill with a short invincibility boost (around 30 seconds). Well worth the half hour odd that it takes to unlock it. Apparently this will not be available anywhere else.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Fuck, I better get on to that then. I saw the advert on FB but I ignore most of those.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Did you get the gold revolver a few months back on GTAO? Also an unlockable for Red Dead only available via GTAO.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Nah, every time I hop on GTAO you guys aren't there.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Only on Xbox
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

i'd have to get a fkn xbox one x if I want to see this game looking like that. I can only imagine the load times on the original xbone I have.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Shit the bed that looks good. This will get me back into gaming for sure.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

PS4 pro 1920 x 2160 Fixed.

Looks like the X will be full 4k, doesn't seem to use any dynamic resolution scaling.
flipswitch
que
que

First Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay

Post by flipswitch »

Have we seen any footage or any media on XB1?

Will give the video a watch this evening.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Sony have marketing rights to it, hence why the showed the PS4 pro version.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Just watched it. Great analysis.

Two months!

PS4 poor for me, but if we get a locked frame rate and 1080p, I have nothing to complain about.

Volumetric lighting and clouds ( as seen in Horizon) looks to be in.

Only concerned about controls.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

why are you concerned about controls?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

GTA4/5 has poor on-foot shooting and movement mechanics. It was less obvious but still there in RDR, but being less dense and more open world (more terrain than buildings) it felt slightly better because you had more space to move around.

It has been many years since I last played RDR, so I can’t really comment anymore.

I have never been a fan of R* controls in open world games. It breaks the game for me. I know I’m not alone.

I had the most frustrating experience with GTAIV.

I still get excited and look forward to playing them though because they create fantastic worlds like no other.

I will be going into RDR2 open minded.

They will have some form of auto-lock feature going by the footage.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Yeah the animation in the games they make is laggy. IE you are stuck completing the animation before you can start another move which means if you change direction suddenly and do it a lot you feel like you have to wait for the character to catch up to you.

They need to make a system whereby the speed of the character doing a move increases the more dangerous a situation is. In real life you move quickly when the situation calls for it. You don't take your time because someone told you that you must complete an action at a set speed. They should have two modes of movement: one where you move faster but are less accurate with your actions due to adrenalin, and another where you are slower but careful and more accurate. You automatically change modes when there is danger and turn to neutral speed when you are back to more relaxed situations.

Just like how in games we have music interacting with gameplay to clue us in on danger, (it changes based on what is going on in the game) they should also have a system where your character is a lot more quick and light on his feet when in an action scene or in combat. For example when you just walk around to explore you move at relaxed speed but that same walking animation is faster when say someone is shooting at you. Your character would not ignore that he is being fired at and do all the same actions he normally does much faster when danger is detected. It can have automatic drain on a hidden stamina bar or something like that so it gives you an actual reason to go and eat food or drink something to replenish this bar to keep your character responsive anytime the situation calls for that. (Old games make movement speed a constant when in reality people adjust their response to something based on urgency of the situation)

Let us say you are in a hurry and have to type in a code quickly. Chances are that when you type it in too quickly you will make a typo and lose focus. If you are given more time and not in a hurry you would take more careful steps to type the code without making a mistake. In the game, you should be able to switch modes of behavior based on the kind of behavior you want just as you can adjust gears in manual transmission in racing games. I think this will help prevent the boredom that sets in when playing a rockstar game where actions are so sluggish. I hated it in GTA 5 and wish they solved the issue. In the 2D platform games like mario you have a run button to do long jumps and complete the level quickly if you can handle the speed by having good reflexes and amazing timing and co-ordination. Same thing needs to apply to open world games imo. If you can handle moving a character at high speed without making mistake, then the game should let you have quick movement.
Last edited by GameHED on 16 Aug 2018 05:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

flipswitch wrote:
They will have some form of auto-lock feature going by the footage.

The Dead-Eye system will likely be in the game (a ramped up auto aim). There is also likely to be an auto aim on top of that. It's pretty standard in R* open-world games.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

6 weeks
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Ooh! Half way through your first trimester!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

"Red Dead Redemption 2 “Absolutely Not Coming to PC”, Rockstar Says"

https://gamingbolt.com/red-dead-redempt ... kstar-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite possibly the engine in Red Dead is so tightly coupled with hardware features in consoles that a PC port would be a stuttering mess? I believe that's why the original Red Dead never came to PC.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yep. PC just can't match the X.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Glad I upgraded to an X then, it won't just be my NBA 2K machine
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

can't delete double post
Last edited by GameHED on 24 Sep 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

lestat wrote:"Red Dead Redemption 2 “Absolutely Not Coming to PC”, Rockstar Says"

https://gamingbolt.com/red-dead-redempt ... kstar-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite possibly the engine in Red Dead is so tightly coupled with hardware features in consoles that a PC port would be a stuttering mess? I believe that's why the original Red Dead never came to PC.
I'm still skeptical. Game companies lie through their teeth all the time so that we secure our console purchases instead of holding back.

It's a tactic. It makes no business sense to restrict where a game goes.

comments section:
Islamization_is_Retardation • a day ago

There is no mentioning from any employee that the code was ever a mess, what Sam Houser said was the the development was a mess, we don't know if that was management or something else.
Trust your instincts. The reason they have to deny there will be a pc port is because it will affect console sales. Sony and MS probably paid them to say that to increase sales of the console edition to give people a reason to buy a xbox or ps4 and increase sales of these machines. My guess is after the console ones have been at the peak of sales and it slows down they work on super pretty edition.
Its like when Dragonball Fighter Z was only ps4 and xboxone originally but then a port is being done for switch too. Game companies will make shit on as many systems unless one of the console manufacturers makes its a paid exclusive. The timing of when they change their mind happens around about the time everyone already owns the console version. The pc edition allows them to milk more money from new people who still don't own a console and have no intention of buying one. These are the guys you sell last to. (they are new money that you can reach after you milked all the existing console gamers. MS and Sony don't care if it goes to pc at this point in time since everything they could possibly milk from it has been milked and the console have limits in tech specs anyway so a pure from-the-ground port isn't that big a threat to them as the machines are playing the best they can get it in original release)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

http://go.ign.com/GafAqB8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

105gb install on PS4 and Xbone.

Plus patches. :lol: