Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: STREETS OF RAGE 4!!!! OMG!!

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I'm a big fan of the way Sega seem to be OK with people making official fan games. Hopefully we'll see a Sonic Mania 2 and many more such projects.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

For the love of Pete I hope they are given something like Alex Kidd or Revenge of Shinobi. I also hope the first two Wonderboys are remade. My personal favourite was the second game.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Is the second one WB in Monster Land? If so that was released on PS3, can't remember if it was enhanced or anything.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I'm pleased.

Though the music isn't as good as I'd hoped.. the retro soundtrack actually works better. They even had the Master System tracks in there too. I haven't heard any music from the first SoR1 game though.

SoR1 Blaze is hell fun to play and I actually enjoyed playing with her more than the 4 version. I've unlocked all SoR1 characters and SoR2 Max.. Oh and Adam.. Adam is awesome to play as.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Hit the arcade cabinets with a taser...
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

t0mby wrote:can't remember if it was enhanced or anything.
It was, and suddenly the game feels a lot better to play as a result, even though literally none of the physics or mechanics changed.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

I have a good crack at Arcade mode last night and I got to Stage 8 with Flloyd. I really like his style. One thing I am finding really challenging is that you really avoid using special moves because they can eat up your health and I'm finding quite a few of the bosses to be a bit cheap in that it doesn't matter if your right on top of them.. they simply can't be grabbed. Barbon is a good example.

I'm keen to get better at it though and that's a huge thing. It's been a while where I've had a game where it's a requirement to simply learn and improve because the game does not pull any punches.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

anybody else having issues with the Windows Store version just not working?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Finished it this morning, too many recycled bosses in stages 5-10, enemies being able to juggle several hits in air on you and so many enemies having launch moves makes it annoying to play. Enemies launching and attacking off screen is annoying. Weird iframes on enemies and certain attacks, don't really feel a lot new has been added to the gameplay mechanics to make it interesting for repeat plays.

Levels are also really short, it's just a few panels and boss. Lazy stages like the train one.

Art style looks sharp and crisp, 4 player co-op is nice.

7/10 from me, I'm glad for gamepass because I don't think there really is much here for the full price.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

unfnknblvbl wrote:anybody else having issues with the Windows Store version just not working?
This happens far too much. I have SOR4 on Gamepass but bought a copy on GOG to avoid this issue.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Spent a lot of time over the weekend unlocking the characters in this game.

Being able to use SoR2 Max really got me fired up, until I went through the game with him to discover he has been nerfed in just enough ways to make him less OP than he was in 2.

Then I used Floyd and I quickly realised he's REALLY OP in this game. That dude just chews through everyone once you figure out combo routes with him.

I'll go on the record as saying I really like the original soundtrack for the game. Some parts REALLY stand out.

Love being able to select the retro soundtrack, but would have preferred being able to select by game (for example the entire SoR1 MD soundtrack) rather than it serve up the developer's selection from all over the place.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

unfnknblvbl wrote:anybody else having issues with the Windows Store version just not working?
Just to confirm. Not working at all. Wish I'd bought the Steam version so I can play online :/
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

yeah, it's pretty poor. Same with the XBox and W10 versions not having all the features that the others (including other 'PC platforms') do.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Candy Arse wrote:
Love being able to select the retro soundtrack, but would have preferred being able to select by game (for example the entire SoR1 MD soundtrack) rather than it serve up the developer's selection from all over the place.
I've spoken direct to their team regarding the option of having a jukebox sort of set up with the music. So far there is no SoR1 music in there that I've heard which is a shame. Great that they've been pretty fancy in having the Master System music in there.. but it's been suggested they have an option that you can select the music you want to play per stage and section. Their team have been pretty responsive to suggestions so hopefully we get an option like that in a future release.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'd love that.

Shiva is also S-Tier in this game.

Floyd probably the single best character because of damage output, forward throw (great for tossing people off elevators, out windows etc) and the special where he pulls them back in.

Touch of death on pretty much all non-boss characters.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

I haven't used Shiva yet.. I've done all the unlocks.. I just hammered through arcade with Blaze SoR1.

Floyd is definitely my favourite so far but I've yet to try Axel or Cherry. Been having far too much fun with the retro characters and being so pleased at how great it looks with the Retro CRT filter for them.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm frothing this game so hard right now I actually have formed an initial basic tier list -

S-Tier - Floyd, Shiva, SoR4 Adam
A-Tier - Max, Zan, SoR4 Blaze

Cherry and SoR4 Axel would be below that list somewhere.

Shiva's damage output and mobility are incredible. Only drawback is he doesn't have the ability to toss people off of things as easily as Floyd. But outside of that Shiva chews everyone and everything up.

I find myself jumping left to right to move quickly with Floyd to keep combos going because his jump is pretty good and better than his walk. The damage and the ability to throw people across the screen puts him over the top.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Axel is decent but Adam is better in every possible way. His mobility makes him a clear choice over Axel and his specials are better too.

Cherry would be great in 2p as a backup to someone using a damage dealer because of her mobility, but her damage is shit as you'd expect.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

A 2-player run with Shiva and Floyd on the hardest difficulty would be super fun.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Because of course Justin Wong turns this game into Marvel vs Capcom. Love it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The DLC for this game was recently released, and it is absolutely brilliant. IMO this game is now in the discussion for the best in this genre...ever.

The additional characters (welcome back OP Max) are fantastic, the training mode is very welcome, adding the extra blitz and special moves changes every character and the survival mode is exceptionally fun.

The whole thing now is one hell of a package. I cannot stop playing it.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Ive been playing again on mania + to see if I would care enough to purchase the DLC. having so much fun trying to get through on that difficulty I havent even bothered with the DLC yet. So yea, lets say I agree with everything you said without having any idea what I'm talking about yet.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

BOOMY wrote: 16 Aug 2021 04:20 pm Ive been playing again on mania + to see if I would care enough to purchase the DLC. having so much fun trying to get through on that difficulty I havent even bothered with the DLC yet. So yea, lets say I agree with everything you said without having any idea what I'm talking about yet.
The Survival rounds it out perfectly. I actually have no interest in doing the arcade mode anymore.. Survival is just bullshit mental.. in a good way.