Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

CD Projekt Red sued by creator of The Witcher

Post by GameHED »

Asks for 16 million
Hurry up Michael Moorcock, sue the Witcher creator for copying Elric of Melnibone. :roll:

If only people just pirated the game without buying it, then CD Projekt Red wouldn't be sued because there would be no profit for him to sue over.

For those who aren't aware the author hates videogames and didn't think videogame biz would take off so didn't take the offer CDPR gave him to take royalties:
Krogoth04
15 hours ago
CD PRojekt Red: Okay, we want the IP. Do you want royalties based on the performance of the franchise, or do you want a guaranteed lump sum right now with no risk of flop?

Author: Video games will never catch on as a storytelling medium, so I'll just take the lump sum.
I think the guy should just create new books now that people know about him from the witcher game which got his name recognised. Then CDPR offer a deal to make rpg from it and then he cashes in on the videogames. He could do visual novel games too. This is what happens when you deal with old people: they look down on us young people and act like they should be given free shit even though they have no faith in the future.

Late edit:
yong yea video on this:
Professor Scraggly
18 hours ago
This is like the business equivalent of shitty relatives suddenly wanting money after a family member wins the lottery.
:lol: This is why licensed shit pisses me off so much! Not only is there a problem of a license running out and the game being taken down from digital shops unless the company holds the license (eg you can't download old capcom games like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 on the stores anymore if they don't renew it) but the idea of developers having to give a lot of their creative energy to the owner of the property. I encourage all developers to please come up with your own original content instead which is based on popular things. So much more freedom from the chains of handing other people your money to them. Learn from Todd McFarlane in the comics biz when he broke from Marvel to create his Spawn comic to go independent. That should be all creative people's goal: learn the skills by working under the corporations and then if you get good enough you go your own way if you have big enough fanbase and good enough skill to pull it off so you don't need to be anyone's bitch forever.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto