Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Hitman 3

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Hitman 3 launch box sales 17% up on Hitman 2 and enters sales chart at number 1. Good news as Hitman hasn't met sales expectations of previous publishers hence the hustle IOI have undertaken to retain ownership/control and finish the curent trilogy.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... xed-charts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hitman 3 surpasses its predecessor to claim No.1 | UK Boxed Charts
The PS5 version accounted for nearly half of the sales
Christopher Dring

Sunday 24th January 2021

Hitman 3 has taken No.1 in the UK boxed charts, with launch sales up 17% over its predecessor.

Developed and owned by IO Interactive, Hitman 3's boxed release was handled by Square Enix, the company that previously owned the franchise before letting it go. The last game, 2018's Hitman 2, was published by Warner Bros.

The PS5 version of the game was by far the dominant edition, accounting for 49% of sales. The Xbox version accounted for 27%, while the PS4 version made up 25%. Of course, this is just physical games, the majority of Hitman 3's sales will have taken place in the digital download space.

Hitman's chart-topping debut means that Animal Crossing: New Horizons drops to No.2, although only 800 games separates the two titles. Animal Crossing's sales dropped 8% week-on-week.

Some new PS5 consoles were released in the market last week, which had a positive impact on a few titles. Spider-Man: Miles Morales is up 161%, jumping from No.12 to No.4, Demon's Souls re-enters the charts at No.27 with a 291% sales increase, and there were sales bumps for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (up 56% and driven by the PlayStation version) and Assassin's Creed Valhalla (up 7%, but with the PS5 version up 174%). In total, PS5 game sales increased 324% week-on-week.

Another big riser was Ring Fit Adventure. The Nintendo Switch fitness game has frequently jumped up the charts during the pandemic whenever new stock comes into the market. The game rises to No.7 with a 47% sales rise.

Here is the GfK Top Ten for the week ending January 23rd:

Last Week This Week Title
New 1 Hitman 3
1 2 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
2 3 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
12 4 Spider-Man: Miles MoralesCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
7 5 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
4 6 Grand Theft Auto 5
10 7 Ring Fit Adventure
3 8 Just Dance 2021
5 9 Minecraft (Switch)
6 10 FIFA 21
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

On the quality of these games alone IO deserve as much sales success as possible as they're brilliant. Challenging, deep, engaging and hilarious at the best of times.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Bloody GTAV still going strong.

Ridiculous.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Hitman 3

So I ran up H2 to watch all the previous story cutscenes from the previous two games before starting H3. Glad I did. The story is pretty good and I'd forgotten the twist at the end of H2.

Played On Top Of The World (Dubai) and Paris in H3 tonight. It's gorgeous to look at. Runs like silk and the upgrades are really evident in Paris. SSR and HDR are greatly improved.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yeah they really took it up a few notches with the upgrades to H3 and the old levels too. Kind of frothing at the thought of a ray tracing update!

Paris still stands as one of the best levels in the first two games. The entire concept of Helmut Kruger looking just like 47 makes me laugh every time I think about it, let alone run through that part of the level.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

More good Hitman 3 news. Project is profitable a week after launch.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... der-a-week" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Dartmoor (English mansion) map is amazing. Story and writing up several notches also. A dark mansion and overcast English weather really showcases the great HDR implementation in this game. GOTY.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

IOI came through with Hitman 2 owners being able to import Hitman 2 locations to Hitman 3 on EGS. It worked as I assumed it would from the outset - my IOI account shows what games I own on which store and allows me to import them to EGS Hitman 3. The process was mildly clunky but it worked well. Certainly easier than I suspect it was for IOI and Epic to facilitate it.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Wow, huge year 2 update coming. Ray tracing, PC VR, revamped elusive target system (Elusive Target Arcade), new maps, storylines and play modes.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

This is everything I had hoped for. Really hyped for this
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

They had me at ray tracing and new maps.

I've been grinding out my level mastery systematically on each map. The whole trilogy is 10/10
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Pretty stellar effort from IOI given this franchise was up in the air after Square Enix dropped them. They struggled to buy back their independence and the rights to Hitman, made the excellent Hitman 2 amongst this turbulence then go on to make the franchise's most successful game in Hitman 3. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the James Bond franchise.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Couldn't agree more Pepp. They deserve all the good things they get, they've delivered tremendous games and got through real adversity to do it.

These games will look so damn good with RT...
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Finally finished the last level in 3, really enjoyed it. Still not sure where I'd rank it against the other games but it was probably more consistently good than 1 at least.

Last level was a good change of pace and gave me some old Metal Gear Solid vibes. Hopefully the elusive target arcade isn't far away as I've got no interest in escalations and would like to keep playing the levels.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Hitman 3

The dance party in Berlin is my favourite level. Loved how they started the level down the road requiring a walk to the venue. The way the visuals and sound slowly come into view is very well done. Enjoyed the multiple targets also.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The murder mystery in Dartmoor might be my fav thing in any Hitman level so far, but I'm replaying them all again to get a better grip of the story in each level so that opinion is likely to change.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Yeah Dartmoor is up there. Amazing level in every way. The murder mystery story mission a blast to play and I enjoyed the elusive target too.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I need to redo Dartmoor, I missed so many parts of it on my first run through.

The change up with multiple targets and having to identify some of them was a big improvement. I also liked using the camera to unlock some of the vents and needing encryption keys to get to them. Made it a bit more interesting than just using a crowbar.

The Season 2 reveal stream is on tonight at 1am. In the days without kids I'd have stayed up to watch this.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Just watched it. All in for Freelancer mode!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Freelancer mode sounds fucking unreal and is exactly what I wanted from this game. If anything it will feel a lot more like the older versions where you're in on your own and have to do everything yourself.

Elusive Target arcade is pretty good as well but would like them to cycle through the ETs a bit quicker. 3 at a time isn't much.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Danish game developer IO Interactive has announced on Twitter today that the Hitman Trilogy, which includes Hitman (2016), Hitman 2 (2018), and get this, Hitman 3 (2021), will be available digitally for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One (RIP), Xbox Series X/S, and PC. Better yet, the game will also be available to play on the Xbox Game Pass.
Oh my
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

That's such ridiculously good value. Everyone should be playing it.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Getting review-bombed on Steam. PC store fanboys are weird.
My positive review is locked behind a one-year timed exclusivity deal.

Love Hitman. ♥♥♥♥ Epic.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

So they've fucked up the Elusive Target arcade. They added in more conditions and made them like escalations, and they don't count to your suit progresses. : :roll: :down:

It's amazing how many simple wins IOI has at their disposal and they routinely fuck up EVERY SINGLE ONE of them
Peppermint Lounge
The End

The Arcade links from the Featured/main screen are broken for me. When I click it says I can't access Arcade because I've failed the previous contract despite not ever playing it. Arcade links work from the Arcade tab. Disappointing to hear they're just revamped escalations. Maybe I need to give escalations more of a chance but I've generally not found replaying the same level with increasingly more conditions that appealing.