Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Hitman 3

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

After seeing Tim Sweeney’s comment I’m estimating the issue is with Hitman 2’s publisher Warner Bros wanting to be remunerated for new H2 copies on EGS. I’m sure IOI intended for PC H2 owners to redeem it free of charge. IOI still botched it by telling us 5 days out and two thirds down the page of a convoluted access pass FAQ.

If this is the case it’ll be interesting to see if/how Epic intervene.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Hitman 3

Peppermint Lounge
The End

Re: Hitman 3

Reviews are extremely good. I’ve seen two nines out of ten from IGN and PC Gamer. :up:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, just had a quick look at the average on Metacritic, 28 reviews and 8.8 average which is higher than the previous 2 games released. :up:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Check the insane launch trailer. I'm hyped.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Glad they seem to be sorting out the Steam/Epic Store issues.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Console comparison. XSX with the advantage running native 4k 2160p, ultra textures, high shadows. PS5 at 1800p, ultra textures and medium shadows. XSS 1080p, high textures, low shadows. XBox platforms drop in the 50s in the Mendoza level around areas of high foilage. PS5 at lower settings and resolution stays solid 60 at all times.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I'm downloading the game now but there are server issues for progress carryover. It's apparently timing out with errors. IOI assure us the progress carryover request is queued and will be actioned.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Wonder how the carry over progress works on consoles and if it's tied to gamertag or other means. I played Hitman 1 on PS4 and got Hitman III for Series X in my hands now. Probably miss out on carry over but it is what it is.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Yep it’s per platform only. No progress transfer between Xbox and PlayStation.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What a clusterfuck, all over the EGS money hat.

That said, I'm playing it tonight.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I put it back on the shelf, didn't end up getting it. Half the fun for me is competing against friends but tbh, I can't think of one friend on my list that would play this on either Xbox or PS.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Candy Arse wrote:What a clusterfuck, all over the EGS money hat.

Did you get on? I'm just wrapping up Cyberpunk (one last character side quest before going past the point of no return). The progress carry over should be sorted by then.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I still have my $15 gift voucher (I believe it was $15) for EGS so I’ll use it on hitman 3. Looking forward to playing it on my new rig!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:

Did you get on? I'm just wrapping up Cyberpunk (one last character side quest before going past the point of no return). The progress carry over should be sorted by then.
I did and I've played around in the Dubai stage, but will go back and polish off my mastery goals in H2 before transferring over to 3. I like to get at least to a mastery level of 20 in a stage before moving on.
Ambrose Burnside

Peppermint Lounge wrote:

Every time I log in to play I see you're already in, was wondering how many hours Cyberpunk would take you (and how many I still have to go ... Which looks like it'll be another 100!)
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Candy Arse wrote: I did and I've played around in the Dubai stage, but will go back and polish off my mastery goals in H2 before transferring over to 3. I like to get at least to a mastery level of 20 in a stage before moving on.
Yep I’ll be back into H2 finishing off a couple of things before the big transfer.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Hitman 3

Ambrose Burnside wrote: Every time I log in to play I see you're already in, was wondering how many hours Cyberpunk would take you (and how many I still have to go ... Which looks like it'll be another 100!)
I’ve been taking it slow. Definitely aiming to do all character quests prior finishing. If the Witcher games are anything to go by you’ll want to resolve all your relationships in order to access the best endings.
Ambrose Burnside

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
Ambrose Burnside wrote: Every time I log in to play I see you're already in, was wondering how many hours Cyberpunk would take you (and how many I still have to go ... Which looks like it'll be another 100!)
I’ve been taking it slow. Definitely aiming to do all character quests prior finishing. If the Witcher games are anything to go by you’ll want to resolve all your relationships in order to access the best endings.
I hear ya.

I just hit max street cred and I still haven't met with Takemura :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Imported all my stuff to Hitman 3 from 1 and 2 and even put down $25 to unlock all Hitman 2 levels in 3 after seeing the visual improvements to the Hitman 1 levels playing in Hitman 3.

Obviously with an RTX3080 I am running everything at max settings and getting 4k 60fps without a problem (supersampling set to 1.1 to boost image quality further), but no doubt Hitman 3 sure looks nice and is a clear improvement over 1 and 2 visually.

Looking forward to the ray tracing update later on.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Good to hear. Have you had any server connect issues? Users are reporting lots of disconnects and/or not being able to get on. Was away on the weekend so still yet to start.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I had a drop last night but it reconnected within 10 seconds.

I've had them lately in Hitman 2 as well but nothing that didn't reconnect in short order.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Ray-tracing coming to SX/S, no word on PS5 yet but could be due to marketing. I wonder how this will impact FPS and image quality.

My guess is that they will label it as fidelity mode, 30fps RT, and performance mode, 4K 60fps.
Last edited by flipswitch on 25 Jan 2021 05:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Fired it up and got my progress over ok. I ran the Dubai benchmark with Digital Foundry recommended settings and averaged 130fps at native 1440p. Might as well turn it all up.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Hitman 3 launch sales 17% up on Hitman 2 in UK sales charts and enters sales chart at number 1. Good news as Hitman hasn't met sales expectations of previous publishers hence the hustle IOI have undertaken to retain ownership/control and finish the curent trilogy.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ ... xed-charts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hitman 3 surpasses its predecessor to claim No.1 | UK Boxed Charts
The PS5 version accounted for nearly half of the sales
Christopher Dring

Sunday 24th January 2021

Hitman 3 has taken No.1 in the UK boxed charts, with launch sales up 17% over its predecessor.

Developed and owned by IO Interactive, Hitman 3's boxed release was handled by Square Enix, the company that previously owned the franchise before letting it go. The last game, 2018's Hitman 2, was published by Warner Bros.

The PS5 version of the game was by far the dominant edition, accounting for 49% of sales. The Xbox version accounted for 27%, while the PS4 version made up 25%. Of course, this is just physical games, the majority of Hitman 3's sales will have taken place in the digital download space.

Hitman's chart-topping debut means that Animal Crossing: New Horizons drops to No.2, although only 800 games separates the two titles. Animal Crossing's sales dropped 8% week-on-week.

Some new PS5 consoles were released in the market last week, which had a positive impact on a few titles. Spider-Man: Miles Morales is up 161%, jumping from No.12 to No.4, Demon's Souls re-enters the charts at No.27 with a 291% sales increase, and there were sales bumps for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (up 56% and driven by the PlayStation version) and Assassin's Creed Valhalla (up 7%, but with the PS5 version up 174%). In total, PS5 game sales increased 324% week-on-week.

Another big riser was Ring Fit Adventure. The Nintendo Switch fitness game has frequently jumped up the charts during the pandemic whenever new stock comes into the market. The game rises to No.7 with a 47% sales rise.

Here is the GfK Top Ten for the week ending January 23rd:

Last Week This Week Title
New 1 Hitman 3
1 2 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
2 3 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
12 4 Spider-Man: Miles MoralesCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
7 5 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
4 6 Grand Theft Auto 5
10 7 Ring Fit Adventure
3 8 Just Dance 2021
5 9 Minecraft (Switch)
6 10 FIFA 21